Skip to main content
Topic: Cameron out! It's Charlie's Medal (almost!!) (Read 1000 times) previous topic - next topic

Cameron out! It's Charlie's Medal (almost!!)

Some good news!!! (Sorry for Cameron😁)

Re: Cameron out! It's Charlie's Medal (almost!!)

Reply #1
7 goals behind is Tom Hawkins.  What are the chances...
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
I reckon Charlie will feel a little less pressure knowing the medal is now very likely to be his. I mentioned it and reckon the pressure of the Coleman has affected him. I hated the thought of him playing this week and if Cameron had kicked 5 prior Charlie would be knowing he had to kick 2 or 3 to keep it.

He is free now and can play without any shackles.  

Reply #5
The idea of a perfect outcome - Hawkins kicks 9 against WCE, and then Charlie kicks his third after the final siren to win the game and the Coleman with one kick.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #6
If we start getting thumped, and Charlie is somehow behind after Hawkins kicks a bag, i want every man and his dog to get the ball to charlie at the expense of everything else. He deserves it.

Reply #7
Cats have no reason to win, they will rest players and organise Hawkins to be the avenue to goal win or lose, you can see this coming from a mile away!

It will be as unsurprising as Alistair "The Angry Ant" Clarkson stacking the backline to stop Fev kicking a ton!

The best thing for Carlton is to put it's foot on the throat of the Filth very early, and they in their secure finals berth will step back to avoid injury.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
If we start getting thumped, and Charlie is somehow behind after Hawkins kicks a bag, i want every man and his dog to get the ball to charlie at the expense of everything else. He deserves it.

There are some unwritten rules that will help us.

1.  You make finals, players get bonuses, and we get more cap room.  There is a reason why teams that make finals seem to be able to hang on to players and somehow get bigger salary caps.

2.  The coleman medalist gets a financial windfall counted outside the cap.  Having Mckay last year, and then Curnow this year will help us IMMENSELY when it comes contract time. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
There are some unwritten rules that will help us.

1.  You make finals, players get bonuses, and we get more cap room.  There is a reason why teams that make finals seem to be able to hang on to players and somehow get bigger salary caps.

2.  The coleman medalist gets a financial windfall counted outside the cap.  Having Mckay last year, and then Curnow this year will help us IMMENSELY when it comes contract time. 

I wouldn't call them unwritten rules.....well at least the first one....is quite accessible in the CBA. 'Relatively unknown rules', perhaps, but again i've talked about it several times on these boards.

The second one may well be covered too, but i cannot recall. I know it covers other bonuses like Pick 1 to pick 5 taken in the ND gets a bonus and you get bonuses for games played etc.

Reply #10
Half time, Hawkins has 2.
He needs 5 more to draw level with Charlie, who has a game against pies still to come.

Gotta be a huge 2nd half from Hawkins to even get near Charlie.

Reply #11
Time on in the 4th. Hawkins has kicked 4.3. Certainly had his chances. Lucky he sprayed a few.

Reply #12
Phew. Hawkins finished with 4.3.

Reply #13
Lynch needs 8
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time