Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 11312 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #90
Does anybody have a link to the Voss press conference?

The club is always mysteriously slow in following up on social media after a loss...
https://www.afl.com.au/video/828631/full-post-match-r23-blues?videoId=828631&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1661072697001
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #91
Thank you!
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #93
Very Professional from Voss in his presser, had clear goals of finals and didnt try and hide behind green shoots, bean shoots or anything else and was a bit annoyed he lost to his old mate MacRae. I think he will make some changes to the list, set some higher training standards and hopefully the list responds next year. Top 4 and sustained success are his major goals and thats how its has to be and to get that we need more consistent performers, like the way he didnt use injuries as an excuse and how he expects players to step up when asked and that has to be the Carlton way going forward.

Reply #94
Just have to get Fev to PP to teach our forwards drop punts, this indulgent 'round the corner stuff just cannot be trusted. And when you can't trust your key forwards when shooting at goal... time to act.

Not Fev for mine - he had a unique kicking action and I wouldn't trust him as a coach as he is too ill-disciplined.

Reply #95
In the cold hard light of day when the dust settles, trying going back to preseason, or 12 months ago and rate our top 25 players out of 10 and redo it now.   Docherty and Curnow were pure speculation, nothing more, Cottrell was not in anyone's top 22, O'Brien was nowhere, Young was 'break glass in emergency', Marchbank was miles away, Cripps was 'gone'......
 We have shown significant improvement, players have a red hot crack and our fans just love to go to the football these days! Cookie, Vossy, Crippa we are looking in anticipation already!!

Fully agree regarding the above-mentioned players but the biggest surprise for me was the midfield contributions of Setterfield in the past two matches - I haven't been a big fan due to his questionable kicking (in hope) but I have seen enough the past 2 games to think that he will be a player -

Reply #96
Time to review where the season failed. Training, conditioning, endurance, correct team selection, better team balance with culling and adding new players. Further developing players in the seconds. Adjusting the game plans. Mental hardness between the ears. Better pressure acts. Better leadership. Better selection of roles for every player. Chopping players we don’t need and things we don’t need to focus on. A fine tuning exercise that is so much work to make us become a true contender. Probably more work ahead to be genuine finals threat, than we had to be as a team to be close to the mix. I hope everyone in the club gets on the same page to make it happen. Silvagni and Cripps in the ruck? Stop that experiment. If TDK can’t back up Pits, then find another option. Start the search now. While there is time. Stop stretching the squad beyond their capabilities. Develop utility types, but don’t expect them to match up on the best week after week. The future is potentially great if the hard work is done in the next 5 months. Make it happen Cook. Make the right call to make it change.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #97
Saad was obviously hurt last week in the Melbourne game.
Looked like it could be a groin.
Some of the actions must have hurt like hell yesterday.
But he kept on keeping on.

Reply #98
Just watched Jobe Watson talk about how Dons are operating in silos. Calling the club "dysfunctional"
Won't take away today's disappointment but might give some a giggle😈
He was very good the other night before their game, I liked his line in reference to Clarko or Hird "if you want a saviour, turn to religion because footy doesnt work like that".
Went on to say its a long, slow and hard process.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #99
Saad was obviously hurt last week.
Looked like it could be a groin.
Some of the actions must have hurt like hell yesterday.
But he kept on keeping on.
Saad like all his team mates had a real dip the last few weeks, almost to a man they have lacked composure and therefore good decision making. I think they will learn more from the last 3 weeks than they did in the previous 20.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #100
Saad like all his team mates had a real dip the last few weeks, almost to a man they have lacked composure and therefore good decision making. I think they will learn more from the last 3 weeks than they did in the previous 20.

The move of Docherty into the midfield no doubt threw an extra burden on to Saad.
That's where injuries are an excuse.
Covering a hole in one area by moving a vital part weakens the other area.

Reply #101
It's funny the number of people on Carlton social media who are feeling 'guttered' this morning.
Might be just coincidence but I'm getting my guttering done today as well. ;D
Should be guttered by this afternoon  :))

Reply #102

Said it a few times this season, Goldstein. He can't have more than a year or two left and North will be rubbish for another three or four years.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #103
12 months ago we didn't even look like we could find a coach. We were miles off finals. 12 months later, we miss finals by millimeters. 2 very cruel weeks in succession is hard to swallow. 

Reply #104
Saad was quite obviously playing injured - he gave his all but you could see he had limited movement.