Skip to main content
Topic: Harry and Megan (Read 9457 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Harry and Megan

Reply #165
So given the trauma this guy has been through (loss of a parent, war experience, the responsibilities of being a young royal at odds with his family),  are we selectively picking the pieces and accounts to believe that reflect our own biases for or against the monarchy and discounting the fact that if we'd experienced similar we'd be pretty damaged human beings.
As such our thoughts and experiences would be affected and 'our truth' as we believe it would be a very real thing to us, but not necessarily 100% accurate in the eyes of others.

This goes a little bit deeper than just the 'he said, they said' conflict
From an outsiders point of view who has just read this thread (and generally goes at pains to avoid all monarchy gossip) the one question i have is this.
Has Harry done anything wrong?
In simplistic terms, he was in a toxic environment, he left, he has discussed it (in part). If this was someone on a talkshow (somewhere between Jerry and Oprah) then he'd be hailed for doing the right thing for him and his family (wife+kids).
The sole fact it happens to be the royal family seems to be clouding peoples judgement.
He can't help what family he was born into. He has a right to feel safe, happy and free as much as the next guy.

Where is the fire?

Reply #166
Where is the fire?

There probably shouldn't be one, but just when it's almost out, folks keep lighting it again.
Now there is a school of thought that we should let the whole thing just burn.
The fire brigade are buggered if they know how to put it out.
And the press are always keen to fan the flames.

Reply #167
There probably shouldn't be one, but just when it's almost out, folks keep lighting it again.
Now there is a school of thought that we should let the whole thing just burn.
The fire brigade are buggered if they know how to put it out.
And the press are always keen to fan the flames.
Who is lighting it and what fuel are they using though?

I don't see where the issue is. Is it simply royalists dirty on them leaving?

Reply #168
Who is lighting it and what fuel are they using though?

I don't see where the issue is. Is it simply royalists dirty on them leaving?

Books and interviews are what's got the current blaze going.
Papers love it  so they'll have a hundred different logs to throw on it.
(the latest one I just read is that Harry took so many psychedelic drugs they've caused him to open up too much). ::)
Royalists are dirty on them, they think a lot of it is made up or exaggerated.
Anti-Royalists love them and see it as the beginning of the end for the monarchy.
Many folks who watched the interviews have taken them on board without questioning them, often because of a personal bias....some have genuinely been swayed to sympathy by the interviews and to some extent changed their minds.

My personal point of view is that there is probably elements of truth in what Harry is saying, but I also believe that folks on the other end would have a completely different perspective in telling their story.

Reply #169
Maybe its just me, but i don't see the fascination with it all.
I said earlier, its just a trumped up reality show, and i dislike reality shows.

Hopefully, he's said whatever he feels the need to say and unburden himself, now he, and they, go on with their lives and it goes away.

Reply #170
One of his complaints was security for his family....but I'd suspect it may now be a lot less than it was and his movements not as controlled.
The palace pulled his security long ago,
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #171
The palace pulled his security long ago,
Yep
When they ceased to be 'working royals.'
They would have private security, but it's hard to believe it would be at a similar level.

Reply #172
My personal point of view is that there is probably elements of truth in what Harry is saying, but I also believe that folks on the other end would have a completely different perspective in telling their story.

Mrs G2C and I have been arguing this point all along, her saying "there's another side of the story". My view is that this is all very cut and dry for me, I basically believe Harry based on the fact that he is a man of reasonable character, I have no reason to doubt him (what he is being paid for books and interviews is completely irrelevant to me). My view is that Williams account would be the same as Harry's, the thing is you will never hear his (or anyone else's in the Royal Family) account. "Never explain, never complain" (except what they "put out" or plant in the media).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #173
Mrs G2C and I have been arguing this point all along, her saying "there's another side of the story". My view is that this is all very cut and dry for me, I basically believe Harry based on the fact that he is a man of reasonable character, I have no reason to doubt him (what he is being paid for books and interviews is completely irrelevant to me). My view is that Williams account would be the same as Harry's, the thing is you will never hear his (or anyone else's in the Royal Family) account. "Never explain, never complain" (except what they "put out" or plant in the media).

That's fair enough...and you're right we're unlikely to hear from the palace.
That's the problem.
Into the void we put our own impressions of people and their reliability, and as you say you have a bit of respect for the cut of Harry's jib.
My position is that Harry may fully believe everything he says, but he can't be in the heads of the other people involved...and the reasons for their actions.
The emotional aspects also come into play. He may feel slights against him much more keenly. Being ignored by your older brother in the playground is basically par for the course. For the younger brother in a new and unfamiliar situation it could be very distressing.
The truth may be exactly as Harry believes, but it's not beyond possibility that in some of these situations his own emotions and repsonses have exaggerated his feelings of isolation and lack of care by his family...especially since there appears to have been some resistance to his choice of partner.

(Just as an aside...my second Grandson, a couple of years younger than my eldest is also called Harry. Two years difference (4 and 2 years old) and they're already spending most of the day fighting. Harry's sat Owen on his backside a couple of times. Hopefully they sort it out before they reach adulthood) ::)

Reply #174
My view is that Williams account would be the same as Harry's, the thing is you will never hear his (or anyone else's in the Royal Family) account. "Never explain, never complain" (except what they "put out" or plant in the media).
It's a bit hard to see William having Harry's back after the way Harry seemed to slander Kate, but of course what we read might not be true and only those on the inside will know!

Publicly I can't recall Kate ever putting a foot wrong, she might be the only modern equivalent of Old Liz! Who knows what goes on privately, but then again that is private isn't it and that is perhaps the whole point, at least until it seemingly sold a book or two!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #175
Never go against the family eh?

With all due respect to all parties mentioned on this topic.  Irrespective of how bad he feels he has been treated he is not special, this is the life of a Royal.

He has abdicated, and if something unsavoury were to happy by pure happenstance, and he ended up King he would be the first one to sit on the throne and perpetuate the cycle.

This is all ducks and drakes IMHO.  If he was the heir apparent like his brother a lot of what is being mentioned here wouldnt be a factor.

Thats my two cents.  make of them what you will.  I abhor people who like to throw stones from the glass house.  Its no coincidence that as soon as William and Kate had a boy Harry was ostracised.  The future of the family is secure these unsavoury types can go.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #176
Never go against the family eh?

With all due respect to all parties mentioned on this topic.  Irrespective of how bad he feels he has been treated he is not special, this is the life of a Royal.

He has abdicated, and if something unsavoury were to happy by pure happenstance, and he ended up King he would be the first one to sit on the throne and perpetuate the cycle.

This is all ducks and drakes IMHO.  If he was the heir apparent like his brother a lot of what is being mentioned here wouldnt be a factor.

Thats my two cents.  make of them what you will.  I abhor people who like to throw stones from the glass house.  Its no coincidence that as soon as William and Kate had a boy Harry was ostracised.  The future of the family is secure these unsavoury types can go.
They can all go as far as I am concerned, The Royal Family survives as a business only and there is nothing Royal or dignified about it as a family at all. Harry and Meghan are expected to earn around 1 Billion a year when they eventually lend their brand name to clothing and other fashion accessories etc so enough of the poor little prince routine please.
Some of the Royals business interests make amusing reading and they do like variety..eg
Willy now Prince of Wales inherited/owns Dartmoor Prison(where his uncle Andy should be holidaying) as well as the Oval cricket ground and my favourite... a bed-and-breakfast in Transylvania which I think they call a health retreat, dread to think what has gone on there over the journey. Of course its all under the guise of Charitable income from the earnings but Id doubt very much every last pound and penny finds its way back to the poor and needy folk in the old Blighty.
Of course Willy's wife and loyal Royal Catherine was busy spending her share on $335,247 worth of designer threads last year.....the number of Royal engagements was the same as in previous years just her taste got a bit more expensive I guess and then there is the younger Meghan to compete with.
Its time to wash away the Royal family and give all their wealth and assets back to the people and consign the Royal years to history. How good it would it be to switch on the TV and see no Royal news flooding the news channels, has the Ukraine War finished yet?...dont know but I can tell you that Harry and Meghans tomatoes in their vegetable garden are ripe for picking and they have a very friendly black Labrador on their 14 billion dollar estate.

Reply #178
They can all go as far as I am concerned, The Royal Family survives as a business only and there is nothing Royal or dignified about it as a family at all. Harry and Meghan are expected to earn around 1 Billion a year when they eventually lend their brand name to clothing and other fashion accessories etc so enough of the poor little prince routine please.
Some of the Royals business interests make amusing reading and they do like variety..eg
Willy now Prince of Wales inherited/owns Dartmoor Prison(where his uncle Andy should be holidaying) as well as the Oval cricket ground and my favourite... a bed-and-breakfast in Transylvania which I think they call a health retreat, dread to think what has gone on there over the journey. Of course its all under the guise of Charitable income from the earnings but Id doubt very much every last pound and penny finds its way back to the poor and needy folk in the old Blighty.
Of course Willy's wife and loyal Royal Catherine was busy spending her share on $335,247 worth of designer threads last year.....the number of Royal engagements was the same as in previous years just her taste got a bit more expensive I guess and then there is the younger Meghan to compete with.
Its time to wash away the Royal family and give all their wealth and assets back to the people and consign the Royal years to history. How good it would it be to switch on the TV and see no Royal news flooding the news channels, has the Ukraine War finished yet?...dont know but I can tell you that Harry and Meghans tomatoes in their vegetable garden are ripe for picking and they have a very friendly black Labrador on their 14 billion dollar estate.

Yep, and I wonder how William and his family would experience life without having to tow the company line? Liberated, I suspect.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #179
Yep, and I wonder how William and his family would experience life without having to tow the company line? Liberated, I suspect.
While I do not envy them as they have a lot of public demand, living on and building immense private wealth off the back of the UK Taxpayer can't be too tough!
The Force Awakens!