Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney  (Read 9863 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Not sure where and when yet, but MCG on Friday night is looking to be favoured.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #1
Sydney is the weakest of the three (or four counting the Bullies) that we could have been up against. It's at the G which suits us more than them, Walsh, Cerra and McGovern have a game under their belts, Cripps and Doc have had their well earned rest and our injury list looks minimal. (Acres might be a worry). We will be far more mentally attuned in two weeks time.

Bring it on!!

Reply #2
I would have thought it's 1st vs 4th on Thursday
2.d vs 3rd on Friday
5th vs 8th on Saturday with 6th vs 7th on Sunday or Saturday night.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
I would have thought it's 1st vs 4th on Thursday
2.d vs 3rd on Friday
5th vs 8th on Saturday with 6th vs 7th on Sunday or Saturday night.
AFL wanted the Filth on Thursday and Us on Friday for maximum crowd attendance and tv viewing.
Both teams bring an army.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #4
Sydney is the weakest of the three (or four counting the Bullies) that we could have been up against. It's at the G which suits us more than them, Walsh, Cerra and McGovern have a game under their belts, Cripps and Doc have had their well earned rest and our injury list looks minimal. (Acres might be a worry). We will be far more mentally attuned in two weeks time.

Bring it on!!
Acres will be a big loss, his work rate up and down the ground is phenomenal, he crashes, bashes and breaks tackles easily. A strong mark as well, its not surprise we completely fell away when he was subbed off yesterday.
We just had too many non contributors and nothing to play for. Saying we need to turn that attitude around in 2 weeks is a huger understatement.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
Ducks and Drakes over the next week or two, you won't know what is real until the next siren sounds!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Not at all confident about this game. Leaving aside questions about our available / unavailable personnel, the Swans are, from the coach down, a finals proven, battle hardened outfit, hitting form and self belief at the right time.

Reply #7
Anywhere close to the form over that period where we thumped Port, easily beat the Pies, physically overran the Saints and physically matched it with Melbourne, and we win easily. Then on to a Blues v Pies blockbuster week 2.

Reply #8
We really should be playing Adelaide this week.

Reply #9
Will be a tough one imo but I think we'll get home.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
Acres will be a big loss, his work rate up and down the ground is phenomenal, he crashes, bashes and breaks tackles easily. A strong mark as well, its not surprise we completely fell away when he was subbed off yesterday.
We just had too many non contributors and nothing to play for. Saying we need to turn that attitude around in 2 weeks is a huger understatement.

Despite his mandatory out of bounds on the full, Acres has been very important all season.  I think he’s the player we thought we were getting with Setterfield.  Acres has the size and strength, and the willingness to use it, to have an impact at both ends of the ground as well as on his wing.

His shoulder didn’t seem to have dropped so it may not be a broken collarbone.  Hopefully, it’s just a stinger.

Vossy was remarkably content in his post game presser.  I think that he was happy to get games into Cez and Walsh, pleased that Charlie got the Coleman, encouraged by Harry’s hard work and ecstatic that, Acres aside, we came through unscathed.

Getting the boys up for the Swans shouldn’t be a problem.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
A bit annoyed about Toby commenting publically about Weiters potential eye gouge.  Maybe trying to help out his mates at the swans.  The AFL will certainly look into it now.

The fact that it will help Sydney FC if Weiters is suspended concerns me. 

Reply #12
A bit annoyed about Toby commenting publically about Weiters potential eye gouge.  Maybe trying to help out his mates at the swans.  The AFL will certainly look into it now.

The fact that it will help Sydney FC if Weiters is suspended concerns me. 

I reckon Greene's tackle on McGovern was right on the edge of being declared dangerous, and then held on to McGovern for too long IMO with a choke hold around his neck.

Reply #13
Toby just has that persona that craps you - he just comes across as a dick and he always plays on the edge if not over it.

Reply #14
Not at all confident about this game. Leaving aside questions about our available / unavailable personnel, the Swans are, from the coach down, a finals proven, battle hardened outfit, hitting form and self belief at the right time.

Beating them will be proof that we have what it takes to win a pressure game in finals. The players confidence would be sky high after a win here. Beating a side that has been there before will be a decent scalp. Now we just have to find a way to make it happen. I don’t care how and with which players in the side. Surely Voss will know what to say to have our boys ready for this challenge.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.