Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG (Read 8279 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #60
Just secured my tickets, will be on level 1 on Friday night. 

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #62
Level 1 - CARNA BLUE BAGGERS!!

Reply #63
Up top again 🙄 it must have something to do with the family pass. I got through by 10.08 and cancelled two lots of tickets and finally took the third - up on Q32 row c.  It’s okay but I tried with just my partners barcode later (as he can’t come) and it gave me level 1 too.  Friday night we were up top too and I did feel there was many many kids and families so maybe it’s intentional to put kids up there? Who knows. Doesn’t matter, we’re going 💪🏼

Reply #64
Martin is a big loss for us. His form since coming back into the team has been excellent and pretty sure he's hit the scoreboard nearly every week in that run. Was at the game on Friday night, and seeing it live you get to see the work he does off the ball....he's very tough and hard at it. Hopefully we can get up this week, and get his suspension down to one week so both him and Harry would be available the week after.

If JSOS is fit, straight in this week, and still play both ruckmen.

I'd like to see Motlop into the 22 and maybe Dow as the sub.

Marchbank was pretty shaky early on Friday night but steadied and I thought he was okay. Playing him would also give us the option of swinging McGovern forward at stages if needed.

Charlie, Doc and Cripps were all a bit below their best for big parts of the game last week, so plenty of upside there too.

Reply #65
To my eyes and ears, Jack Martin is clearly a Voss favourite, and rightly so. All coaches try not to focus on individuals, but his demeanour and words change when Martin's name is mentioned. 

Reply #66
I am up in the nosebleeds - row X.

Was waiting on 3 devices to get through. Took 30 minutes and the last device i used to try and get tickets was the first one to get through.  ::)

Ah well....at least i'll be there.

Reply #67
Martin is a big loss for us. His form since coming back into the team has been excellent and pretty sure he's hit the scoreboard nearly every week in that run. Was at the game on Friday night, and seeing it live you get to see the work he does off the ball....he's very tough and hard at it. Hopefully we can get up this week, and get his suspension down to one week so both him and Harry would be available the week after.

If JSOS is fit, straight in this week, and still play both ruckmen.

I'd like to see Motlop into the 22 and maybe Dow as the sub.

Marchbank was pretty shaky early on Friday night but steadied and I thought he was okay. Playing him would also give us the option of swinging McGovern forward at stages if needed.

Charlie, Doc and Cripps were all a bit below their best for big parts of the game last week, so plenty of upside there too.
Surfie, Haven't known what to make of Marchbank after seeing him struggling in the twos but he has been reasonable in the seniors since returning and while I see him as the weakest link down back I dont see him as shaky as Plowman was and as long as his opponents are picked to suit his attributes he can be handy in defense as that third or 4th taller defender.
Melbourne might go for broke this game and play a couple of extra talls(weather permitting) in Brown and Grundy along with McDonald to cover the loss of Van Rooyen so Marchbank might get a job on one of them. Im presuming McGovern or Newman would have to take the more mobile and dangerous Fritsch.

Reply #68
Just on Marchbank, Weiters said he has one of the highest footy IQs around and he loves playing with him.
Definitely seems to have a lot of love around the club.

Reply #69
Got a ticket after some very nervous minutes getting knock-back after knock-back from ticketek. Ended up getting a standing room ticket which is fine because, well, I like to stand. There was a bloke on SEN just a few minutes ago who is a GOLD club support Carlton member and he couldn't get a ticket either this week or last week! This will be my last year as an AFL member. Sick of their crape treatment. My son has a provisional MCC so I plan to piggy-back off that from next year on.
Anyway, weather is looking great for Friday night so bring it on.
Go baggers!

Reply #70
Just on Marchbank, Weiters said he has one of the highest footy IQs around and he loves playing with him.
Definitely seems to have a lot of love around the club.
Seen him talk to the fans and give them his time and he seems a likable bloke but havent had much faith in him playing wise
after seeing him plod around in a few twos games but he hasnt looked too bad in the seniors so credit where its due and he should hold his spot this week. Having a settled backline has probably helped him with players like Kemp and McGovern taking some of the more difficult matchups and its all seems to be working so I wouldnt be messing with the setup too much.

Reply #71
Got a ticket after some very nervous minutes getting knock-back after knock-back from ticketek. Ended up getting a standing room ticket which is fine because, well, I like to stand. There was a bloke on SEN just a few minutes ago who is a GOLD club support Carlton member and he couldn't get a ticket either this week or last week! This will be my last year as an AFL member. Sick of their crape treatment. My son has a provisional MCC so I plan to piggy-back off that from next year on.
Anyway, weather is looking great for Friday night so bring it on.
Go baggers!

Yeah I got standing in the AFL members. I like the membership but surely club support of competing teams get priority?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #72
Junior GTCs going, bottom of level 4, they are happy. Ill be watching from the Airport lounge.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #73
Really hope we take the game on this week - we got stage-fright last week and it almost cost us.

The way I see it, this week is a bit of a free hit - Melbourne has a lot more to lose than us, their list is headed south rather than north, and if they get knocked out in straight sets for a second year, the party may be over for a while.  We should go out and have a real crack without the fear of what happens next.

We have to get the ball in extra fast this week to overcome the May-Lever stonewall and create some ground-level chaos.

Out : McKay, Martin
In : Motlop, Silvagni (Kennedy as a swing if JSOS is not right), Fisher Sub.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #74
It's not certain at all that Martin will be an out yet, the Tribunal have a history of completely overturning ridiculous penalties.

I think Christian gave him two weeks expecting him to appeal and still get a week, it was amateur hour and just further evidence Christian needs to get the bullet. If the first thing he did was to ban himself that would have been the the right penalty from the start.

But two weeks can be viewed by the tribunal as excessive, and that then calls the whole MRO judgement into question, historically the tribunal hates it's time being wasted from either side of the debate.

Do not be surprised Martin walks away with a fine and Christian ends up on shaky ground, I think the writing is on the wall after the new CEO stepped in!
The Force Awakens!