Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications (Read 29047 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications

Our first PF since 2000. 23 years we've waited for something like this. Pity it isn't at the MCG: we'd break 100 000.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications

Reply #1
I'm debating making the trek.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
I reckon we've run our race. I can't see us winning this one. Apart from the GWS game, the boys have basically played several elimination finals in a row. Bodies are injured, fatigued, battered, bruised and sore. Brisbane (aka BrisVegas) will be rested, relaxed, tanned, depilated, exfoliated, nails and hair done, looking fabulous for their home crowd. They have the best forward line in the comp, and stars on every line. It's been a great season, whatever happens in this PF.

Hopefully Harry McKay and the two Jacks will play.

Reply #3
We looked a bit banged up with Docherty and Acres really sore. Brisbane will be fresh with no injuries and on their home pacy deck will be clear favourites.
It's a two horse race so you are always a chance but I think we will be doing well to be close at the end of the game .
Won lose or draw we have exceeded expectations and this game is a free hit..

Reply #4
The AFL needs to bring this game to the MCG so more people can watch it.

Reply #5
We beat brisbane we will go all the way this year.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
This week's game against Brisbane is the opposite to the Melbourne game. While Melbourne have a great midfield and Brisbane a very good midfield, Brisbane's strength is their forward line while Melbourne's strength is their defence. Brisbane will score but can be scored against. Harry and Martin will strengthen our team and we need to get on top of their midfield. It is going to be a big week for the selection committee. A lot of good players are going to miss out. I had a rant against the team selection against Fremantle earlier in the year and I was wrong so I will trust their judgement this week. This is going to be a tough game, aren't they all, we need to turn up to play, never stop trying, back ourselves and take our chances.

Reply #7
A whole generation not playing a preliminary is amazing in itself.

Reply #8
A light week on the track, freshen up... these are professional footballers who are playing in a Prelim.
Sore or not they will be cherry ripe to put it all on the line again.
Go Blues.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #9
We will win
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
We have won a GF every year I've been in the US (81-82).  May this continue.  Brain says loss heart says win.

Reply #11
Had to win 11 sudden death matches in the last 3 months, now banged up, going to be hard to do it again. Win or lose though, what a ride! Playing for a spot in the GF is exciting on its own. Still, we keep finding a way, complete opposite to 12 months ago.

Reply #12
Up there, Brisbane are on another level ahead of everyone else this year. Win the thing in the middle, convert, use the spaces and then...hope, then believe???

Reply #13
Up there, Brisbane are on another level ahead of everyone else this year. Win the thing in the middle, convert, use the spaces and then...hope, then believe???
Good game plan from Voss to upset Gawn with Pittonet shadowing him all game and pushing him around and Id be doing the same with McInerney who is a key driver for Brisbane in the middle. Cripps will get Dunkley for company and Id expect Acres to get J. Berry as his dinner date as he has been doing some jobs for Fagan and is a physical player with the size to match Acres.
Going to be a great game tactically imho with lots of good even matchups and I just hope our blokes have the run in the legs to play 4 intense quarters in what could be warm conditions.

Reply #14
Good game plan from Voss to upset Gawn with Pittonet shadowing him all game and pushing him around and Id be doing the same with McInerney who is a key driver for Brisbane in the middle. Cripps will get Dunkley for company and Id expect Acres to get J. Berry as his dinner date as he has been doing some jobs for Fagan and is a physical player with the size to match Acres.
Going to be a great game tactically imho with lots of good even matchups and I just hope our blokes have the run in the legs to play 4 intense quarters in what could be warm conditions.
Andrews will go to Curnow, he's a very dangerous counter-attacking defender who can also close down his man. They have two wins towers down in their forward line, Weitering probably goes to Daniher. Hopefully it's a night match, it probably will be. Hopefully a Saturday night, we need the extra day's rest. The 'Gabba is a big ground and we need to chase and tackle as much as we can.