Skip to main content
Topic: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ?? (Read 93506 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ??

Reply #315
Thry and Blue_MM, I think you are both confusing finishing with hitting targets.

It's easy for fans to forgive and forget the foibles of the superstars, but by AFL standards Yarran, Murphy, Gibbs are the best on our list yet just average overall.

Unfortunately for us, Judd who is an absolute star in most other areas except perhaps marking is/was also very ordinary by foot hitting targets.

I agree with them being only average overall. I did say that they can at times show some real class with delivery. As has been mentioned, Hoops and Scotland were consistently fantastic. I think in an interview once, Fev said that if his life depended on a good delivery it would have to come from Hoops.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #316
Thry and Blue_MM, I think you are both confusing finishing with hitting targets.

It's easy for fans to forgive and forget the foibles of the superstars, but by AFL standards Yarran, Murphy, Gibbs are the best on our list yet just average overall.

Unfortunately for us, Judd who is an absolute star in most other areas except perhaps marking is/was also very ordinary by foot hitting targets.

Remember the game where Kreuzer kicked three?  Each of them came from Kreuzer marking a Judd kick inside 50.  Judd had time to size up the situation and kick into space in front of Kreuzer, forcing him to run onto the ball and take what ended up as simple uncontested marks.  It wasn't exactly hitting a target but it virtually took everyone else out of the contest.  Simple, but very effective!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #317
Judd had a period where his kicking was awful, hard to overcome that perception.

Reply #318
Judd had a period where his kicking was awful, hard to overcome that perception.

He has never been consistent.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #319

He has never been consistent.

The bad kicking tended to coincide with his leg injuries especially the achillies when he used to throw a flat foot at ball.

Reply #320
Judd is an easy target for people to pick on if they want to talk about hitting targets.

Often splitting through a clearance, with hands on him putting him off balance, or even harder, going flat stick on the afterburners.

I think that using the footy well has more to do with not being wasteful with the footy resulting into turn of posession or bad targets to hit.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #321
Judd is an easy target for people to pick on if they want to talk about hitting targets.

Often splitting through a clearance, with hands on him putting him off balance, or even harder, going flat stick on the afterburners.

I think that using the footy well has more to do with not being wasteful with the footy resulting into turn of posession or bad targets to hit.

People are too forgiving of Judd's kicking, it's not unreasonable but it's still not exemplary either. In this regard Ablett, Mitchell and many others have him well and truly shaded.

As for kicking in traffic under pressure, I'm sure Mitchell wouldn't use being poked and prodded as an excuse, he'd just hit the target, the right target! ;)
The Force Awakens!