Skip to main content
Topic: "Carlton Must Voice Realistic Goals To Members" - (Patrick Smith) SEN (Read 29050 times) previous topic - next topic

"Carlton Must Voice Realistic Goals To Members" - (Patrick Smith) SEN

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Carlton-must-voice-realistic-goals-to-members/64408

He emphasised that it has nearly been 15 years since the Blues were last competitive in a finals series which is a tough pill to swallow for a supporter base of such a historically powerful club.

“For Carlton to find itself in such a position now (is disappointing).

“It hasn’t been competitive in a finals series since 2000 and that’s a long time in the wilderness because they really haven’t threatened since then.”
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: "Carlton Must Voice Realistic Goals To Members" - (Patrick Smith) SEN

Reply #1
He must have been on holiday in 2011 when we smashed the scum by 80 points and were rolled by the umps the following week with key players missing.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Have a listen to the audio.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #3
http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Carlton-must-voice-realistic-goals-to-members/64408

He emphasised that it has nearly been 15 years since the Blues were last competitive in a finals series which is a tough pill to swallow for a supporter base of such a historically powerful club.

“It hasn’t been competitive in a finals series since 2000 and that’s a long time in the wilderness because they really haven’t threatened since then.”

Five games ago we beat the Tigers in a final at the MCG, good research...
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #4

To be fair I think by being competitive he means being a genuine contender.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #5

Our 2000 finals series wasn't great.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #6

Which is what he went on to explain... that we haven't been a bona fide threat since around 2000. And there would be no denying that.

I actually found myself agreeing with what Smith said. I think most of us could handle it if we actually announced that the club needed to rebuild and this year would use the year to see who can and who won't be a part of 2015.

Seems most of the better footy brains in the commentator world agree that MM is the man for the job but are those around him? He finds himself in a similar situation to Roos... but about 10 years his junior. Seems the new Pres will have his work cut out for him. Hope he's ditched any rose coloured glasses and is ruthlessly objective about our list, coaching, dev and recruiting.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7

Which is what he went on to explain... that we haven't been a bona fide threat since around 2000. And there would be no denying that.

I actually found myself agreeing with what Smith said. I think most of us could handle it if we actually announced that the club needed to rebuild and this year would use the year to see who can and who won't be a part of 2015.

Seems most of the better footy brains in the commentator world agree that MM is the man for the job but are those around him? He finds himself in a similar situation to Roos... but about 10 years his junior. Seems the new Pres will have his work cut out for him. Hope he's ditched any rose coloured glasses and is ruthlessly objective about our list, coaching, dev and recruiting.

sounds like mathieson

Reply #8
...and right on cue, Andrew Mac says to the media that he still expects the club will play finals football this year. Now this is exactly what Smith is talking about, these ridiculous expectations only embarrass everyone.

You've got this manager (Mackay) saying the above, and the CEO saying we'll be cutting deep into the list again at season's end... which certainly does not make a comment about being confident about our list - which doesn't support a finals appearance.

I wonder if our club is familiar with the term, 'mixed messages'. Any wonder we've stalled on 45,000 members and can't move.  ::)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
The season is over for Carlton make no mistake. Get games into the kids and find out who can and who can't. I couldn't give a flying you know what about any of that contrived rubbish that come out of that Club. Murphy stated on radio earlier "...it was a very disappointing night for the club. Going into the game they were quite positive and had been training well" FMD hate to think what would have happened if they weren't positive or didn't train well. Enuff tripe CFC. Careers are officially on the line. Don't think, Do!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
...and right on cue, Andrew Mac says to the media that he still expects the club will play finals football this year. Now this is exactly what Smith is talking about, these ridiculous expectations only embarrass everyone.

You've got this manager (Mackay) saying the above, and the CEO saying we'll be cutting deep into the list again at season's end... which certainly does not make a comment about being confident about our list - which doesn't support a finals appearance.

I wonder if our club is familiar with the term, 'mixed messages'. Any wonder we've stalled on 45,000 members and can't move.  ::)

Even MM talked about membership nos on his post game confessional today.  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
What is evident today, is that The leader of the club is not a leader
He is a marketing cut out cardboard - a fraud
When it gets hot, the real leaders front the lights and mics
Jamo and carrots.
If the club had any balls, they would make the leader front and do it all
If he doesn't like it, he knows what to do

Reply #12
It is strange that Jamo and Carrazzo fronted the media and not Murphy.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13
Murphy was supposed to be a guest on SEN this arvo with the OX. Anyone hear him?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #14
Murphy was supposed to be a guest on SEN this arvo with the OX. Anyone hear him?

Yes he was, usual tripe dished out though. All company lines blah blah. The worst thing is we face Melbourne this week where we will probably have a nice win and the club will paper over cracks again. I would rather another good team so we can really be exposed so we cant keep shovelling sh1te under the carpet.