Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2020 Rd 4: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats (Read 9307 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2020 Rd 4: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats

Reply #120
Players say these kinds of things to 'look after' opponents and attempt to minimise their injury to help the other bloke and stay in the team. Unlike we supporters who don't have to keep up appearances... Merrett's strike deserved more than a week, and he's a pr1ck.
Merrett is someone who does this sort of 'tackle' habitually. Hopefully he will learn from this. But, then, he is a Drug Cheat. That makes learning difficult.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #121
Players say these kinds of things to 'look after' opponents and attempt to minimise their injury to help the other bloke and stay in the team. Unlike we supporters who don't have to keep up appearances... Merrett's strike deserved more than a week, and he's a pr1ck.
Fair enough. I'm sure it happens, personally I reckon Jack being Jack genuinely wanted to get back on, probably to give Zac a fresh one across the chops.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #122
My Mrs reckons he might have been sarcastic
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #123

Well Thry, who amongst us is willing to disagree with the opinion of our better halves?

I reckon Mrs Thry is on the money  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #124

That didn't occur to me but now you mention it............................. ;D
Reality always wins in the end.