Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond (Read 2209 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 1 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #30
Lynch will be totally under done, hasn’t played in anger for so long. Their backline is their weakness, we can match then easily in the ruck and midfield.

Reply #31
Martin, Lynch and Nankervis back in will help.....this wont be an easy game.

No games are.

Balta has to miss for his bump that involved a forearm to Sexton's head.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #32
Balta has to miss for his bump that involved a forearm to Sexton's head.
Yesterday Balta was fined just $2500 with an early plea.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
The more games the team puts in a professional performance towards full strength teams the better the team will be for it over the long term. The club needs to blood some youngsters - who knows they could be the next Chris Judd. I love Ollie Hollands endeavour and willing to fight but doesn't find the ball enough. He has no tag on him so needs to follow Acres running patterns finding the ball more and providing more on the wings.

Reply #34
Yesterday Balta was fined just $2500 with an early plea.

There goes the consistency we were hoping for …
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
Pinot....I thought Ollie Hollands was one of our best across the two practice games. Yep, he was pretty quiet against the Lions but I'd be backing him in. Similary, Jack Carroll has been around for a few years now and looks to have put on a bit of size over the pre-season....hopefully that half of footy against the Lions shows him he's good enough.

Reply #36
Pinot....I thought Ollie Hollands was one of our best across the two practice games. Yep, he was pretty quiet against the Lions but I'd be backing him in. Similary, Jack Carroll has been around for a few years now and looks to have put on a bit of size over the pre-season....hopefully that half of footy against the Lions shows him he's good enough.
Agree Surfie...Hollands jr is an excellent prospect and while quiet vs the Lions he is still developing and Id be backing him in and keep playing him. Carroll looked the goods when I last saw him play on the wing in 2022 and while he didnt kick on last season Im glad he is being persisted with as he has some class and we have to develop younger mids while at the same time challenging for finals and he has an opportunity now with Doc on the long term injury list to establish himself as a regular.

Reply #37

Bot spent the break training with Crippa and, apart from the physical benefits of training with one of the best prepared players in the comp, he may have learned what it takes to be a success at AFL level.  He certainly played as if he belonged on Friday night.

Reply #38
Agree Surfie...Hollands jr is an excellent prospect and while quiet vs the Lions he is still developing and Id be backing him in and keep playing him. Carroll looked the goods when I last saw him play on the wing in 2022 and while he didnt kick on last season Im glad he is being persisted with as he has some class and we have to develop younger mids while at the same time challenging for finals and he has an opportunity now with Doc on the long term injury list to establish himself as a regular.

Carroll seems to have also gained more confidence and looks to have more awareness and poise. Very promising imho.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #39
Carroll seems to have also gained more confidence and looks to have more awareness and poise. Very promising imho.
I think the change of game style to the more berserker approach has helped types like Carroll.

Before last season's epiphany we were more a grind team living and dying by mistakes trying to play perfect footy, now we welcome mistakes and encourage everyone to have a crack, nobody is guarding grass.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40
Pinot....I thought Ollie Hollands was one of our best across the two practice games. Yep, he was pretty quiet against the Lions but I'd be backing him in.
Ollie looked like a boy among men out there this week, got rag-dolled on several occasions, or easily bumped out of contests.  He needs to use his greatest asset, run and carry, to greater effect. 
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #41
His downside WAS his awareness and decision making, he never had a problem winning the footy or commitment to the contest. He seems to have come up to the speed of the game now and I must say, Frid night he was impressive and showed his true potential.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #42
Word on the street is Moir will debut tomorrow night
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #43
Word on the street is Moir will debut tomorrow night

Based on one of the assistant coaches giving him a hug  :)

Carlos would provide more of a Jack Martin type forward ... but without Jack's footy smarts.

Reply #44
Need to ensure the midfield turns up for the first bounce. If we can get on top early it will take the pressure off the back line. Owies looked under done last week so Moir would be a good choice. Carroll in, Moir in and Owies to the substitute bench.