Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 27073 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #105
Yep, I think Kennedy comes in, Kreuzer goes out and Caz rucks, but of course, I'm probably miles off ;)

Casboult vs grundy.... 

I think Phillips has to come in.  I'd actually consider dropping dow for Kennedy.

I'd also consider plowman out and Goddard in.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #106
Thryleon....isn't Goddard a much bigger defender type? If Cox is out it only leaves them with Reid and Mihocek as "talls" with Reid part time ruck. I think that Casboult plays even if Kreuzer is fit with McGovern possibly dropping back to play intercept style role.

Reply #107
And the job on De Goey....who's the unfortunate bloke in our backline to get that? If it's Plowman we're in BIG trouble.

Keep him out of the goalsquare. He hasn't kicked a goal from further than 5m out since round 1. Let him have 20 shots at goal. That'd be my plan.

Reply #108
 So what do people consider an adequate response given the events of last week (I'm not assuming we win)?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #109
So what do people consider an adequate response given the events of last week (I'm not assuming we win)?

Get on top early, or at least level pegging, falling away later in the game.

Reply #110
Within touch at 3/4 time would be an honest effort.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #111
Keep him out of the goalsquare. He hasn't kicked a goal from further than 5m out since round 1. Let him have 20 shots at goal. That'd be my plan.

They might do their old trick of rotating Treloar and Sidebottom through Full Forward..DeGoey has been spending a bit more time on the ball of late.

Elliott, Stephenson and Thomas might be a handful given they will be a lot quicker than anything we have playing down back.

Barker needs to earn his money and develop a strategy to stop Greenwood and Pendlebury tagging Cripps at the stoppages too and then having Pendlebury end up on his own running free...

Reply #112
Only adequate response is a win.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #113
They might do their old trick of rotating Treloar and Sidebottom through Full Forward..DeGoey has been spending a bit more time on the ball of late.

Elliott, Stephenson and Thomas might be a handful given they will be a lot quicker than anything we have playing down back.

Barker needs to earn his money and develop a strategy to stop Greenwood and Pendlebury tagging Cripps at the stoppages too and then having Pendlebury end up on his own running free...

One positive is they don't tend to tag much. It's up to Cripps to have a better game than he did in the last 2 weeks where he's been putrid.

Reply #114
One positive is they don't tend to tag much. It's up to Cripps to have a better game than he did in the last 2 weeks where he's been putrid.
Down by his lofty standards? Yes. Putrid? No. I couldn't imagine Crippa being putrid TBH.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #115

Yep..they tag at stoppages but back their mids in to beat their opponents....I think Cripps can dominate this week, Pies dont have that midfield bull like Cunnington
and you dont see Cripps held to too many average games and then put in another average one.
Grundy vs Krezuer will be interesting....restrict Grundy and their mids dont do nearly as well.

Reply #117
Even with our ins and their outs its hard to see us getting within 5 goals.

The selections make sense in our current state. But we just can't be in a position later in the year when the likes of casbolt and ed curnow are getting gifted games and delivering so little. O'Brian goes out; fair enough. He needs time to settle and nail some skills in the seconds. But he only had one less touch than ed curnow last week and one tackle more. He had one.

Should be an interesting game. Both sides like to hold onto the ball, and collingwood play a great zone. Sadly, I fear we will turn it over too much and struggle to hold the ball inside our forward line.

Reply #118

The selections make sense in our current state. But we just can't be in a position later in the year when the likes of casbolt and ed curnow are getting gifted games and delivering so little. O'Brian goes out; fair enough. He needs time to settle and nail some skills in the seconds. But he only had one less touch than ed curnow last week and one tackle more. He had one.

Should be an interesting game. Both sides like to hold onto the ball, and collingwood play a great zone. Sadly, I fear we will turn it over too much and struggle to hold the ball inside our forward line.

Yep, pretty much my take as well. Five goals is about right for where we are, just hope we hang around most of the day and make them earn it.

Reply #119

Dow and Murphy should have been axed too.
Finals, then 4 in a row!