Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 15: Northern Blues vs North Ballarat in Ballarat (Read 12617 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Rd 15: Northern Blues vs North Ballarat in Ballarat

Well after 2 shocking weeks, the NBs have to show something. The relative lack of spirit, skill and 4 quarter effort has a chance to be reversed, even though the game will be in the mud heap at Eureka Oval. With the works going on there I expect some really ordinary conditions. Hopefully we can show what we want to see.

Game at 1300 at Eureka Oval on Saturday.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Rd 15: Northern Blues vs North Ballarat in Ballarat

Reply #1
I know there has been snow and sleet and hail up Ballarat way, but with better weather forecast for the next few days, the ground surface might not be too bad.
I do know that North Ballarat have spent a LOT of money upgrading the ground and they did start with the surface. How it is going is another matter, but with the money gone into it, Eureka Oval should not be the pile of mud it has been.
Then again, I also know that the area for the spectators was not the primary focus: the surface has been until now. The 'outer' may not be fit for humans yet.

As for our on field options, Charlie Curnow may play most of a game. He played a very managed time session last week. He will be better for the run.
Similarly, Harry McKay will probably be over his virus.
Cuningham played half a game in the Development team last week and probably will play a full one this week.
Gorringe is a good chance to play.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
North Ballarat vs Northern Blues
Saturday 16th July, 2016
Eureka Stadium at 1.00pm          

North Ballarat

B: 2. T Lockyer 26. A Boseley 25. M Rodd
HB: 34. O Tate 20. R Marshall 11. M Austin
C: 41. N Weightman 9. L George 36. C Perry
HF: 22. T Templeton 10. S Hooper 21. T Schnerring
F: 7. L Kiel 31. M Eagles 19. D Cox
R: 18. O Stephenson 3. N Rippon 4. C Schache
Int: 30. B Edwards 33. M Johnston 24. B Simpson 13. T Taurau 16. L Cassidy 5. J Keeble 43. J Werts 17. J Webster

23P: 44. C Lee

Northern Blues

B: 26. M Dick 31. J Foster 34. J Glass-McCasker
HB: 38. B Gowers 27. M Jamison 7. D Buckley
C: 67. C Smith 32. N Graham 76. J Tutt
HF: 58. C Curnow 48. K Jaksch 23. H Kerbatieh
F: 18. D Gorringe 14. L Jones 20. A Everitt
R: 36. C Wood 42. M Whiley 1. T Wilson
Int: 50. B Jordan 25. A Brown 12. Z Ballard 4. S Russell 65. D Viojo 60. D Cuningham 45. D Stevens 19. H McKay 6. G Strachan 37. T Jones 80. M Korcheck 21. C Barrett

23P 35. K Declase

In the past Orren Stephenson has killed us. It will be up to Wood and Korchek to stop that happening for a change. Gorringe and Everitt will probably be our key forwards. Something very strange in that sentence.
Sounds like the powers that be are not that happy with Skittles at the moment: banished to the bench. he does need to step up ad this is a good opportunity for him. For Cuningham as well, assuming either actually plays.
Good to see Smith away from the small forward role. he just doesn't get enough ball or kick enough goals to make that role work. We missed Gallucci in that regard. Kerbatieh is probably the best option there, but he is trying to impress in the midfield to show he can develop the tank to become a senior player.
Good to see Glass-McCasker back.
I would love to see this game, but the probability of that is very low.

The Development Team is having a week off: a bye.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Looks like DVR might b gone.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #4
Looks like Boekhorst is making a statement.  Plenty of possessions and hitting the scoreboard too. 

Reply #5
I've been out. The Blues made a statement, so far. Not much odea as to what has happened, but the scores at 3/4 time are:
Northern Blues 15 - 6 - 96
North Ballarat 9 - 11 - 65

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Sure enough, I come home and so do North Ballarat: 17 points the difference, 18 minutes into the last quarter. :(

Northern Blues 15 - 8 - 98
North Ballarat 11 - 15 - 81

Goal to the Blues - the go ahead again.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
It seems that Harry has just kicked the sealer and his second for the game  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Indeed. A 31 point victory at a play where we have struggled in recent times. Considering some of our more pathetic efforts of late, this must be a considerable improvement.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Northern Blues 17 - 10 - 112
North Ballarat 11 - 15 - 81

DISPOSALS: Whiley 38, Wilson 35, Boekhorst 30, Dick 25, T. Jones 23, Kerbatieh 19

In many ways this is worrying: a couple of outstanding performances quickly falls away.

GOALS: Boekhorst 3, Wilson 3, Whiley 2, Kerbatieh 2, McKay 2, Barrett, Gorringe, Gowers, T. Jones, Viojo-Rainbow

No goals to Liam Jones or Everitt: did they actually play? They were named.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
Looks like Cuningham had a bit of it early. He must have drifted out of the game.

Peter Jackson VFL 2016
North Ballarat   1.4  3.7  9.11  11.15 (81)
Northern Blues   4.4  8.5  15.6  17.10 (112)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
No goals to Liam Jones or Everitt: did they actually play? They were named.

Liam Jones was mentioned once in the Twitter feed.  He marked a kick from Korcheck but missed the shot at goal.

Everitt wasn't mentioned - but that doesn't mean much.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
Hopefully some good soul was at the game today and can fill us in with a strong report.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
Damn, almost went but the 2 hour drive put me off!

Glad that Boekhorst stepped up.

Can't wait to find out more.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14
Peter Jackson VFL 2016
North Ballarat   1.4  3.7  9.11  11.15 (81)
Northern Blues   4.4  8.5  15.6  17.10 (112)

GOALS:
North Ballarat: Hooper 2 Cox 2 Edwards  Stephenson  George  Kiel  Templeton  Keeble  Rippon
Northern Blues: Boekhorst 3 Wilson 3 McKay 2 Kerbatieh 2 Whiley 2 Gowers  Gorringe  Viojo  Jones  Barrett

BEST:
North Ballarat: Tate Kiel Keeble Austin Lockyer Rippon
Northern Blues: Wilson Whiley Boekhorst Jones Korcheck Jones

Very interesting that Liam Jones was put in the best players when he didn't kick a goal. Very nice to see Korchek mentioned for the 2nd week in a row!
Live Long and Prosper!