Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: Rd 17: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 6159 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting: Rd 17: Carlton vs West Coast

I'll be at this one and I've missed too many this year. But at least my votes will make sense, assuming they ever make sense. :))
I guess will have to make the most of this week, as, unless the games are actually being televised for a change, I don't expect to see much of the next 2 games (being in Sydney and Launceston). With our relatively poor showing in recent times the number of voters has dropped off: I can understand that. But I would like to put my 2 cents worth in (and do encourage as many of you as possible to vote, as it makes the voting system work better), so it frustrates me not knowing enough to reasonably contribute.

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.

Enjoy!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting: Rd 17: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #1
I guess it is time to put my 2 cents worth in.

Team:   C
We lost. But we were competitive all day, and, but for a 5 minute period in the 3rd quarter when the umpires and ourselves gifted the Weagles with some easy goals, we showed a fair bit.
Yes, we made some terrible errors and we lack fire power up forward, but we (eventually) took the game on and really showed that there is a future at Carlton.

Votes:
Things are back to something like normal: there were enough decent efforts and positive contributions that the top vote getters won’t be getting a lot of votes from me. Unlike the last few weeks when you didn’t have to do too much to get a mention.
[3]   Docherty
[2.5]   Simpson
[2]   Cripps
[1]   Kerridge
[1]   Gibbs
[1]   Rowe
[1]   White
[0.5]   Plowman
[0.5]   Tuohy
[0.5]   Phillips
[0.5]   Graham
[0.5]   Ed Curnow
[0.5]   Wright
[0.5]   Buckley

Explanations:
[3]   Docherty:   32 possessions, 12 marks, interceptions, 90+% efficiency, and tackles: he did just about everything you could ask of him. An excellent effort.
[2.5]   Simpson:   Typical Simmo: he got it a lot, he took a fantastic grab and he ran hard and long.
[2]   Cripps:   5 possessions in the first half, 24 in the 2nd. He lifted a lot and really willed himself into the game. Pity he missed those goals.
[1]   Kerridge:   Excellent early, although he needs to think a little quicker and attack more.
[1]   Gibbs:   like Cripps, Gibbs did not do a lot early, but he really worked his way into the game and hurt the Weagles with his poise and disposal.
[1]   Rowe:   Thrashed Kennedy.
[1]   White:   Excellent in defence.
[0.5]   Plowman:   A strong game from Plowman where he seemed to gain some real confidence as the game went on. He took Darling apart.
[0.5]   Tuohy:   Strong and determined.
[0.5]   Phillips:   Showed a lot on the ruck and with his marking.
[0.5]   Graham:   Patchy, but showed he has what it takes to get more senior games. He had a huge number of tackles as well.
[0.5]   Ed Curnow:   Limited the effectiveness of Priddis and got some good ball himself.
[0.5]   Wright:   Solid
[0.5]   Buckley:   Started excellently, but ran out of puff after half time. He worked hard and really showed something.

Honourable Mentions:
Silvagni:   Excellent early, but ran out of legs. He still lifted late in the game and marked well.
Kreuzer:   Tried hard in the ruck and got 6 clearances.
Armfield:   Today was something of a ‘what could have been’ day. Dennis worked hard enough and got the ball 21 times, but he didn’t have the same edge as last week and things didn’t quite work out.
Weitering:   With his calf injury and the Weagles’ rotations, Jacob found it hard in defence. However, he came back on and provided an excellent target in the forward line.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Team - D

5. Simpson
4. Docherty
3. Kerridge
2. Buckley
1. Cripps

Reply #3
Team D

5 Simpson
4 Docherty
3 Rowe
2 Phillips
1 Kerridge
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #4
Team C+
Simpson 4
Docherty 3
Cripps 2
Rowe 2
Gibbs 2
Phillips 1
Silvagni 1

Reply #5
Team performance: C

3 - Docherty
3 - Simmo
3 - Rowe
2 - Gibbs
1 - Cripps
1 - Kerridge
1 - White
1 - Graham

Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #6
Team performance: C

3 - Docherty
3 - Simmo
3 - Rowe
2 - Gibbs
1 - Cripps
1 - Kerridge
1 - White
1 - Graham

Really a game of Jekyll & Hyde quarters. Ended much better than it started. My blood pressure, is better for that..

HM's
Buckley and SOJ - building
Plowman and Phillips - settled into all that's new, starting to shine
2e - hard, consistently stuck to strengths
Weiters - can play fwd! What next?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
5. Simpson
4. Cripps
3. Docherty
2. Gibbs
1. Kerridge

Reply #8
Team C-

3 - Docherty

3 - Rowe

3 - Simpson

2 - Kerridge

2 - Phillips

1 - Cripps

1 - Gibbs

Honourable mentions: C Curnow, Plowman & Tuohy.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Team C

4 - Simpson
3 - Docherty
2 - Rowe
2 - Plowman
1 - Cripps
1 - Graham
1 - Phillips
1 - Gibbs

I thought our defence worked pretty well today, restricted the scoring of a significant forward line.

When you have a bloke as physical as Darling who stages nearly as much as Lindsay Thomas it can be hard to stop them scoring. Thank-fully he kicked 5 behinds, that's Karma for you!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
C

5 Docherty
5 Simpson
5 Rowe
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #11
Team. C

4. Docherty
3. Simpson
2. Cripps
2. Gibbs
2. Kerridge
1. White
1. Rowe
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #12
Team C+

5 Docherty
4 Simpson
3 Gibbs
2 Cripps
1 Kerridge

Reply #13
Team E:

4: Docherty
4: Simpson
2: Cripps
2: Gibbs
2: Rowe
1: Touhy

Reply #14
4 Simpson
3 Docherty
3 Tuohy
2 Cripps
2 Kreuzer
1 Gibbs
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.