Skip to main content
Topic: A Don Burke Thread? (Read 2019 times) previous topic - next topic

A Don Burke Thread?

Nah, feck it!

If we had to launch a thread for every feckwit bastard boss we'd need to take over Google! ;D

Mods please lock so any Don Burke searches come up with nada! :o
The Force Awakens!

Re: A Don Burke Thread?

Reply #1
Sing along:

Give me a home among the gum trees

Can I touch your [insert relevant floppy bit] please?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
He said he contacted his lawyers but surely they didn't advise that train wreck of an interview last night?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3
He was crucified on 7:30 last night.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
He's a true narcissist.

In his own eyes/mind he has done, and cannot do, any wrong....

As one of those ex Channel 9 blokes said, a GRUB.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #5
There any number, I suspect tens of thousands or more executive psychopaths, just like Don Burke. Male and female gender has no monopoly on this, but because most are not on TV they are almost never exposed.

This isn't "The boys club" that the media describe, but that sexual predator headline seems more about #metoo. The club of crass, feckwit, bastard bosses has just as many female members.

It's about acceptable behavior in roles of authority, what people are prepared to do to become wealthy and powerful, and how they apparently gravitate and organise around each other. I doubt there is much conscious deliberate collaboration between them as suggested, because most of the people describe by these allegations would distrust each other and probably throw each other under the bus as fast as any other of their victims. I suspect it's more of a sub-conscious self-organising structure like a herd or flock, opportunism at the selfish gene level.

I worry that the #metoo clones have hijacked this debate, and as such no real benefit will come from it, #metoo has quickly become a social fashion label, as it grows it becomes a parody.

As for Don Burke, if he is the narcissistic as Flyboy suggests, then the less coverage he gets the better because no matter if it good or bad it's still his face on TV.
The Force Awakens!