Skip to main content
Topic: After the bounce. (Read 2432 times) previous topic - next topic

After the bounce.

I was watching after the bounce today on TV. I haven't laughed as hard in my entire week, as I did watching these guys. Dunstall, Spud, Gaze and Lynch. There was an episode on with Dunstall venting over plays of footy. He obviously chose dribble kicks at goal that don't work our the way they should. It was a laugh and a half watching Jason go right off. Especially Andrew Walker. A game against Sydney where he was around 15m out from goal, on a slight angle. Dribble kicks the ball with 2 Swans defenders close near by that stop the ball dead in its tracks.

I agree him going off on all the kicks. Kick an effen drop punt at half post height. As Jason was stating footy essentially isn't a difficult sport with simple rules, and simple principles. Kick goals and win. Don't over complicate the game trying to be too cute. Drop punt with some elevation straight through the big posts. I have only watched 5 minutes here and there, and never watched the whole show. Sure some of it was pathetic, but some of it was a good laugh.

Dribble kicking works far fewer times than it is a reward. From what I have watched this season, and I have seen many games from many clubs. Its not a percentage play. It works every now and then, but if your in front of the goals on a minimal angle, go a normal drop punt. Its not rocket science, its plain and simple footy.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.