Skip to main content
Topic: Andrew Russell (Read 1337 times) previous topic - next topic

Andrew Russell

Will be on the wireless with Libby Gore at around 1130 today (that’s the ABC of course).

It should be interesting to hear about how he is planning to have the players match fit after the lay off.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Andrew Russell

Reply #1
Will be on the wireless with Libby Gore at around 1130 today (that’s the ABC of course).

It should be interesting to hear about how he is planning to have the players match fit after the lay off.

I can give you an insight if you like....
Sam Docherty was on 'Dyl and friends' podcast a couple of days ago and was asked this question.

The boys all have 10 week programs in front of them to keep fit.

In conjunction with an interview i heard with Paul Marsh (AFLPA boss?) and Phil Davis (AFLPA rep)....
Players are expecting 4 weeks of 'training with the group' time before the first game to get up to scratch.

Best case is end of may group training, games June.
Most likely going to be much later though.

Re: Andrew Russell

Reply #2
Thanks for that - I had some stuff to do and missed him  ::)

He was going to be talking about exercising during the restrictions so I might see if I can find a recording.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball