Skip to main content
Topic: Paywalls in times of Crisis (Read 1319 times) previous topic - next topic

Paywalls in times of Crisis

It's interesting that the media(newspapers / websites) often use the community service card to justify reporting sensitive issues, and sometimes the public good card to defend occasionally crossing the line whatever that line might be!

Yet in these critical times, they post click bait Coronavirus headlines and place the content behind a paywall, just saying! ;)

Please think of this the next time they ask for your respect!

With that behaviour the only thing they are globally good for is the home delivery of depression era poo tickets!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Paywalls in times of Crisis

Reply #1
It's interesting that the media(newspapers / websites) often use the community service card to justify reporting sensitive issues, and sometimes the public good card to defend occasionally crossing the line whatever that line might be!

Yet in these critical times, they post click bait Coronavirus headlines and place the content behind a paywall, just saying! ;)

Please think of this the next time they ask for your respect!

With that behaviour the only thing they are globally good for is the home delivery of depression era poo tickets!

Well said, Spotted One. I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday. Poor form from the papers.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Not sure I understand, HS has all CV articles open to all (not behind the paywall)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
They were certainly blocked late last night, I'm not sure what is happening in this regard today.
The Force Awakens!