Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 20 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 5082 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 20 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #60
No, I mean more than usual... not laconic, just not as effective, almost exhausted and not getting to contests he normally would.

I  agree with this....half a step off the pace then not as effective and gives away some frees.
Still want him back in next week though.

Reply #61
He's being managed surely, otherwise this is a senseless omission.
I think it's about time we address the elephant in the room. CRIPPS.
Fair to say he has been dogshiit for 2 months now. He is the one that needs a rest for finals not JSOS.
I know each week what JSOS will bring, Cripps not so much.
Tell me a more overrated player in the comp right now that is not getting hammered by the press because of what he has produced in the past. Time for people to just admit it. We've seen the best of him and should've been traded him last year. Walsh is the standout leader and soon enough they will recognise it and move on.
Sending the wrong message dropping heart and soul players like JSOS.
That's my rant.

Reply #62
Hope this doesn't destabilise the team. Omitted? Surely a "managed" maybe a typo?
he was dropped, he will be the sub
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
This is no surprise, it was always going to happen, it's the difference between what fans want and the brutal reality of AFL.

Fans would have SoJ picked 1st week in and week out, but in the reality of AFL he has real world limitations.

Anybody who thought we would carry SoJ, on top of already having BigH, Charlie, Pitto, TDK, Gov, Weiters and Young is crazy.

Team balance isn't just a throw away term, it really means something!

Give him a different surname, look at the same results and circumstances in the hard reality, and most fans would be calling for exactly what has happened. When they deny it they are just lying to themself.

Maybe we don't like it, but it's the reality of the team being in a better place.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
That's my rant.

And it makes about as much sense as IBWT’s better efforts  ::) 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
He's being managed surely, otherwise this is a senseless omission.
I think it's about time we address the elephant in the room. CRIPPS.
Fair to say he has been dogshiit for 2 months now. He is the one that needs a rest for finals not JSOS.
I know each week what JSOS will bring, Cripps not so much.
Tell me a more overrated player in the comp right now that is not getting hammered by the press because of what he has produced in the past. Time for people to just admit it. We've seen the best of him and should've been traded him last year. Walsh is the standout leader and soon enough they will recognise it and move on.
Sending the wrong message dropping heart and soul players like JSOS.
That's my rant.
Drop the captain you reckon? This aint Stephen Coniglio mate, whilst he has been a little off, you dont drop a leader like Crippa.
You sure that post wasn't chemically enhanced?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #66
Cripps hasnt been brilliant like he was early in the season but is still influential and has been good at important times of recent games
imo plus I think his captaincy has improved.
If you want value for money as a player and as captain .....not....then as GTC suggests check out Steven Coniglio who has been deplorable ever since he signed that massive contract.
Cripps should be AA this season along with several other Carlton players.....

Reply #67
He team is in a better place when players can be dropped. Have a rest and concentrate on recovery before another important stint approaching finals. Even when it is to give better balance it helps the entire team. Seasons past we played players into the ground and had far too many players off the pace. Carrying too many niggles and performing below standard. We must be heading in the right direction as a club.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #68
This is no surprise, it was always going to happen, it's the difference between what fans want and the brutal reality of AFL.

Fans would have SoJ picked 1st week in and week out, but in the reality of AFL he has real world limitations.

Anybody who thought we would carry SoJ, on top of already having BigH, Charlie, Pitto, TDK, Gov, Weiters and Young is crazy.

Team balance isn't just a throw away term, it really means something!

Give him a different surname, look at the same results and circumstances in the hard reality, and most fans would be calling for exactly what has happened. When they deny it they are just lying to themself.

Maybe we don't like it, but it's the reality of the team being in a better place.

So, if it was the GF would you still drop JSOS?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #69

All depends on the composition of the opposition. Against Melbourne, Richmond, Collingwood, etc with 2 recognized ruckman, you play Brad and Tom, otherwise you can experiment a bit more.

Reply #70
Prior to the dropping, the answer would have been no effin way. Now there will be justification for it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #71
He's not an automatic selection, so like most players it would depends on the opposition, the fitness of the list and the expected conditions on the day.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
He played with all of those talls in rd 1 and 2. Omac instead of Young.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #73
When the spine are all fit SoJ is not part of the spine.

When the spine is all fit then he is then competing with Setterfield, Cottrell, Plowman, Newnes, Newman, LoB, etc., etc for a utility role. Given he's hardly played a moment in D50 then he's unlikely to displace the defenders, that means he has to compete with the deep running types, Cottrell, Setterfield and LoB.

I presume fans don't have him kicking a midfielder or small forward out of the squad?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
Just so brutal on JSOS. I love the guy for his efforts and what he has done while Pitto has been injured, but I must admit when I did my best 22 at the start of the season I struggled to find him a place. My heart says he must be in the side, but my head says where?