Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 4: Carlton vs ??? (Read 5574 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 4: Carlton vs ???

Reply #15
I call bulldust. His entire training group should be isolated.  This reeks of appeasing the cheats - a compromise otherwise they'll threaten to take their bat and ball and go home
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16
The decision was made by the Dept of Health not the AFL.

So if someone I work with tests positive I don't have to quarantine?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
If you were close by with them for 15 min you would. Otherwise I'd say not.

Reply #18
Apparently (TBC) he caught it during an open for inspection...are we seriously to believe that?     If so,  and this virus is so frighteningly transmissive, why aren't the whole club under quarantine?   Again,  I call bulldust!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
They have to but you perhaps don't, your work facility has to be deep cleaned and you can resume work. What you have to do might be subject to the contact tracing. That is why the COVID App is such a great idea, there are rumors it's going to be made compulsory for people to return to work.

Is this right or wrong, I'm not sure anyone really knows it just is what it is!

The COVID-19 game has been changed by the ability to test within 48hrs, when the 14 day quarantine was formulated it took almost as long to get a test result. Now they can test you twice inside a week and things can get back to normal very quickly.

I heard a radio interview at the weekend that stated the concept of asymptomatic has been greatly overstated by the media. The claim was nobody really gets COVID-19 symptom free, it's just that some get very very mild symptoms that they might not associate with the virus.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Cripps will have some Bomber creep hanging off him for the entire game.
Players will be shoulder to shoulder throughout.

It seems bizarre that there is no concern here, but we have to accept the decision.
I hope these Health folk know what they're doing

Reply #21
I find it hard to believe there's  only one "close" contact during the so called infectious stage. Ironically it's a player who's barely seen the big time 🤔

The sceptics might say this club is master of disguising information. For that alone, I am unconvinced and hope to goodness our blokes don't cop any filth respiratory secretions 😉

Anyways I hope we a) avoid infection b) crush them in a 29 point win, while c) keeping to an embarrassing score

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #22
Yes, I realise the media made the footage look as bad as possible, with the McKenna footage showing a coughing, gobbing, snotty fountain of puss for much of the training session! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Apparently (TBC) he caught it during an open for inspection...are we seriously to believe that?     If so,  and this virus is so frighteningly transmissive, why aren't the whole club under quarantine?   Again,  I call bulldust!

Agents are required to record your details before you walk into a house open for inspection.  So I'd be checking on that first up

We're not hearing the complete story Prof

Reply #24
I call bulldust. His entire training group should be isolated.  This reeks of appeasing the cheats - a compromise otherwise they'll threaten to take their bat and ball and go home

There was vision of the training session on the news and it showed a close up of him blowing snot out of his nose and you could see the aerosol droplets.

Reply #25
There was vision of the training session on the news and it showed a close up of him blowing snot out of his nose and you could see the aerosol droplets.

And he was handling the same footballs as everyone else.

A teacher or student tests positive and they close the entire school.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
A teacher or student tests positive and they close the entire school.
I suppose there is relatively little control over children, then again I woudn't assume all AFL footballers are better!

School communities range from the illiterate to the elite.

AFL players almost have a 1:1 minder ratio!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
I find it hard to believe there's  only one "close" contact during the so called infectious stage. Ironically it's a player who's barely seen the big time 🤔

The sceptics might say this club is master of disguising information. For that alone, I am unconvinced and hope to goodness our blokes don't cop any filth respiratory secretions 😉

Anyways I hope we a) avoid infection b) crush them in a 29 point win, while c) keeping to an embarrassing score

Go Blues
I could do a calculation, after all, I teach that stuff, but the the probability of only two players from that group being 'at risk' sounds like wishful thinking at best and not in touch with reality at worst. I'd be thinking closer to the 2nd alternative, and not just because I hate the Drug Cheats.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
So we are playing the Cheats. I wouldnt make a change to the side that beat the Catastrophes. What I want to see is the exact same attitude, effort and skill as last week from the first bounce to the last.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #29
Agree with ProfE, that entire training group should be isolated to make sure everyone else is safe, ie if they were passengers from a cruise ship they would be quarantined for 14 days. EFC should have volunteered to isolate those players for 14 days in the interest of the community....