Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon (Read 2615 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 13 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon

Ready for tomorrow.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 13 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #1
150 years......of being our b!tches.

Into the top 4....and should stay there. 3 teams could knock us out of the top 4 with a win, 2 of them have a bye and the 3rd is playing against the mighty lions.
We should finish top 4 at the end of the round.

Harry made a successful return.

Cerra a bit of a disappointment, but at least we have cover there.

Onto the Tigers next week.

Reply #2
wins a win
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
We haven't got any senior players due to return from injury in the next 3 games (with apologies to Ed who isn't likely to be considered). Pittonet may return against WCE and maybe Weitering will return soon after that. But we'll have to look to the VFL team to provide replacements in the tough games against Tigers, Freo & Saints.

Reply #4
It'll do. Got to 38 up and took the foot off the gas, which didn't look like it made Vossy happy...lol..

We have a rough 3 weeks ahead. Then a few rough ones to finish.

Test comes in 2 weeks when I go overseas. Last two times I've been overseas we have gone 0-6. So hope I don't jinx it...lol.

Reply #5
Not a %booster but 4  points are in the bank. I was a bit surprised at the lenght of time we lost momentum for. Even after Vossy's 3q spray. Lots to work on.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #6
Scrappy.

But it was pretty wet.

...and I guess any time we beat Essendon by more than 4 goals is a good win. ;)

Reply #7
Bombers look pretty shattered in the rooms.
I think they may have worked themselves up for a big game with the 150 celebrations.
The loss may have meant a bit more than usual.

Reply #8
Scrappy.

But it was pretty wet.

...and I guess any time we beat Essendon by more than 4 goals is a good win. ;)
Agree..the thought of losing to EFC would have destroyed much of our good work this season. Felt we were reduced to their level later in the game which can happen playing lowly teams...

Reply #9
We should win games against WCE & the Crows to take us to 11 games. That may be enough for us to make the 8. But it would be pretty unlikely that we won't be able to scrounge at least another 2 out of the other 8 games. Missing the finals would be a shock from here.

Reply #10
FU essendon. 

Reply #11
They are a rabble! Heppell does all this chest beating and jumper points before the game in front of their 'legends' and he gives nothing!!  'The Package' is a sad joke and their system is non existent. I agree with others.... wet night and we were dragged down to their standard!

Reply #12
I thought LoB played well. Loved his i50, shepherds, and one tough tackle in particular. I think he's finding his niche and feeling the trust of the coaches 👏
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
F em with a capital F. Hate them with a passion. I'm OS at the moment in the glorious heat of Greece (were are you Karroto?) and watched the match from a bar with 5 euro half pints and 5 euro gaspers.
Have to say I thought it may the 1st 4 quarter game we have played all year. Challenged, responded. I hope the scum shrivel up and die from here. Time for a nap.

Reply #14
Got the points but thought apart from a few bursts we pretty average footy but we got the job done which ties in with what good football teams do. They beat the lower teams even when they are not playing their best and in years gone by this is exactly the sort of game we drop. With a full team reckon we are a 10 goal better team then them.

That aside Doc is an out and out star. His story borders on unbelievable and nothing except a flag would make me happier then if this guy gets AA again this year. what an inspiration he is. The bloke never stops, runs flat out for the full 120 minutes and when you consider what this poor bloke has endured it’s simply amazing.

Certain things are bigger then footy and to think he is considered as being in the best 22 players of the comp when many wondered if he would even play again is just outrageous. Don’t forget he also had a double acl injuries.

Love that this bloke is ours and reckon I’m not the only one.