Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19 - Carlton vs Fremantle (Pre Contest Conundrums) (Read 54853 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19 - Carlton vs Fremantle (Pre Contest Conundrums)

Reply #120
Interesting emergencies... no Bootsma - and he was named last week.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #121
Interesting emergencies... no Bootsma - and he was named last week.

Yes that is interesting - wonder what's going on with this bloke?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #122
We'll all be watching Rowe closely this week. Last week he was very close to being a liability, whilst Casboult from all reports was very good again in the Reserves.

Graham is also unlucky, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is only considered as a replacement for McLean.

Where are McInnes and Waite?

Reply #123
We'll all be watching Rowe closely this week. Last week he was very close to being a liability, whilst Casboult from all reports was very good again in the Reserves.

Graham is also unlucky, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is only considered as a replacement for McLean.

Graham's problem is pace...good ball winner and you need your in and under types but Cachia, Curnow, Mclean, Carrazzo in the one team is in cricket terms very medium paced.
I think Graham will be a good senior player but may have to wait his chance...

re: Rowe...fair points, dont know about a liability...he didnt have the ball enough to be a liability and was more of a passenger.
However he has been signed for next season and Casboult would be thinking he is now fighting for his spot on the list unless both Hampson and Warnock get traded out.....

Reply #124
@EB1
I think it would be unwise to trade out both Hampson and Warnock this time around EB. I think we'll keep one of them as backup for Kreuz and maybe recruit a new young project ruckman for the longer term.

As far as Casboult is concerned, reports indicate he is working on his kicking and making improvements so maybe he'll be given another 12 months?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #125
I'm not going to be confident until Brettie gives Freo the kiss of death.

Sorry mbb.....I've got nothing but good feelings about this week. Win this and we make the 8 on merit......very good feelings......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #126

Sorry mbb.....I've got nothing but good feelings about this week. Win this and we make the 8 on merit......very good feelings......

Well....... I had a good feeling......... Until NOW!!!
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #127
Based upon Mick Comments from Pie days I believe the team you see now is ultimately what he will try and carry to finals if we make them. He has also alluded (in the past) to that he wont make major or drastic changes.  There will never be more than a couple of changes a week and is always based around a squad of 25-28 players at this time of year.
Therefore guys like Graham, Menzal, Buckley, Bell ect may warrant selection but may not be considered part of that squad.      

It may be different In our case.  But apart form Waite & McInnes I think Mick believes this is the best structure he has to work with based upon his current list. 

Reply #128

Graham's problem is pace...good ball winner and you need your in and under types but Cachia, Curnow, Mclean, Carrazzo in the one team is in cricket terms very medium paced.

re: Rowe...fair points, dont know about a liability...he didnt have the ball enough to be a liability and was more of a passenger.
However he has been signed for next season and Casboult would be thinking he is now fighting for his spot on the list unless both Hampson and Warnock get traded out.....
Sam Mitchel is slow
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #129

Sam Mitchel is slow

Agree he is slow...I;m not saying there isnt a place for Graham and like I said I am a fan but we have too many who are his pace....if Graham comes in then I think you need to lose one of the players I mentioned.
If you look at Freo they have some slow movers onball  in Barlow, Crowley etc  but balance that out with players like Fyfe, Hill, Mundy who have more pace..I just want us to have a balanced midfield group and not all of the one type.

Reply #130

Sam Mitchel is slow
So were Greg Williams and Leigh Matthews, but I try and fit them in!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #131

SH1Te! now i'm really worried.

Reply #132

How you figure that Brettie? We are still relying on catching a game up on Port along the journey (which we can do against them in the last round).

No certainties to make the 8 at all.

Reply #133
Great chance to make it 4 in a row 8)

Reply #134

I have zero confidence, so I'll hitch my trailer to yours Brettie.
IN WADA WE TRUST