Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton v GWS-Post Match thread (Read 24990 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton v GWS-Post Match thread

Reply #45
Yarran is an obvious one but the coaching staff have clearly identified others.  That's a good step towards the clean out we're going to have.

I reckon Watson would be included in that too.

He's basically saying that we are playing blokes who don't deserve a game because we have nobody else to play.

Reply #46
Yarran is an obvious one but the coaching staff have clearly identified others.  That's a good step towards the clean out we're going to have.

Yep
Watson would be one
From that presser I think Menzel is on shaky ground.
Sounds like Docherty will miss next week (surgery)

Reply #47
We did well to keep the loss to 81 points with a bloke ko'd and at least a couple of sand bags.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #48
We did well to keep the loss to 81 points with a bloke ko'd and at least a couple of sand bags.

Against a team missing their #1 ruckman, their #1 mid (scully?) and losing griffen early.

Reply #49
What did we think of Plowman and Palmer....?

Reply #50
We have been without Judd, Thomas, Carrazzo, Casboult, Henderson, Murphy and Gibbs also which doesn't help. Not making excuses though. We had more players that impact a game missing than GWS did.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #51
We have been without Judd, Thomas, Carrazzo, Casboult, Henderson, Murphy and Gibbs also which doesn't help. Not making excuses though. We had more players that impact a game missing than GWS did.

Judd retired...carotts retired thomas dud henderson left club ....

Reply #52

What we did on the park today would have made Jones look like a superstar in the other team. Hard to measure Elwood. They did well but our defence didn't exist. How many tackles did we lay today ?

Reply #53
Gets dropped to the 2s and comes back with 5 Disposals, 2 Marks 2 tackles,  thats just taking the piss as far as Im concerned. Has probably already struck a deal with another club who have told him to lie down to lower his worth.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #54
Judd retired...carotts retired thomas dud henderson left club ....

The argument still stands. They are still our players and haven't been replaced yet. They would be in our best 22 and are still being paid. The only difference between them and Murphy, and Gibbs is that we know their future isn't with us. We don't know for sure that that isn't the case with Murphy and Gibbs either.

The fact is we're missing Judd, Murphy, Carrazzo, Gibbs, Henderson, Thomas, Graham, Casboult, Armfield and White from our best 22. It's not an excuse for lack of effort but it's the reason we have so many spuds out there. We're essentially fielding a VFL team aside from Cripps, Kreuzer, Walker, Everitt, Jamison, Docherty, Buckley and Tuohy (and some of those are questionable)

Reply #55
Thank you MilkIt. You saved me from saying it myself. We are missing half of our regular starters in the squad.

Reply #56
Run Brendon, run. Run away NOW. And don't look back.

He did seem to have that "what the hell have I got myself into" look...... :o

SOS didn't look too rapt either.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #58
He did seem to have that "what the hell have I got myself into" look...... :o

SOS didn't look too rapt either.

I would've thought Ratts told him everything he needed to know. Either Bolton decided to ignore all that, or Ratts stitched him up good and proper.

Reply #59

I would look good playing against our mob, and I'm 33 and haven't run more than 100 metres in months.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson