Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game discussion: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 6704 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game discussion: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #16
We really need to take this opportunity. We are reasonable form, North are in disarray and it is all in our own hands. We have stuffed this up so many times in the past 15 years. I believe we will win easily but I live in trepidation. I want to move to a better postcode.

Reply #17
We really need to take this opportunity. We are reasonable form, North are in disarray and it is all in our own hands. We have stuffed this up so many times in the past 15 years..................

It's just a vibe that I have, but I reckon this season is different. If we won against Port, no one would have any doubt about this game. A cruel twist of fate at the very end shouldn't change all the good work and positive energy IMO. The last 2 games North have monstered us, but they are anywhere near that level now.

Setting myself up for some serious egg on face.

Reply #18
Now 11th, need to win and few results go our way. Need Suns to roll the WBs, the Filth to roll the Weagles and Crows to roll the Cheats. Simples yes?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Brown on the lead with all the space to take a mark  this wat scares me this week .

Reply #20
Brown on the lead with all the space to take a mark  this wat scares me this week .
 I think our fans are overconfident.

For example, I've heard Ben Brown has never played in a loss against us, five wins in a row and our last win was back before he played. The Shinboner fans just pencil it in for four points, the psychology of that can be significant.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
We need to be ruthless and utterly crush this mob... Do the kind of damage that sets them back years.   But knowing us,  we won't turn up and hand them the win they desperately need,  and we'll all have to endure that "shinboner spirit" palaver yada yada.   I just vomited in my mouth at the thought.   F me,  we owe this mob,  less than 15 goals and we should pack up and hand the keys in.  Kill the beast Carlton,  do the job.

Right now I'd be rapt to kick 15 goals let alone winning by that far.

Reply #22
The "switch on" factor worries me this week.

Lowly side, absolutely bagged all week in the media, come out firing. Meanwhile, playing a lowly side we don't come mentally switched on and fall well behind early.

This is the next step in the journey of maturing as a side.

Reply #24
No Stocker in the report??

Reply #25
jack Silvagni ruled out this weekend.

Reply #27
The "switch on" factor worries me this week.

Lowly side, absolutely bagged all week in the media, come out firing. Meanwhile, playing a lowly side we don't come mentally switched on and fall well behind early.

This is the next step in the journey of maturing as a side.

x2. Need to be switched on so that we do not get jumped. Very nervous about this one.

Reply #29
jack Silvagni ruled out this weekend.
TBH, I'm not worried, I'd prefer another week with unchanged lineup, that we be some sort of a record for us I'd imagine? Change for the sake of change is pointless, we were 45 seconds from knocking  off the top team had we executed properly.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time