Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 5589 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #15
Reckon McKay will be ok but McGovern might be out. Surely Moore won't play either.

So, do we bring in SOS. Honey or go taller with De Koning?

Russell has already ruled out SOS, due to his knee issue.

Reply #16
Reckon McKay will be ok but McGovern might be out. Surely Moore won't play either.

Hawks are strong in the ruck and would know Pittonets game  so I would be playing TDK to give them something else to think about.
Reckon Moore might get another game... wouldn't be my choice though.

Reply #17

De Koning would be my choice.

Theres another option.

Macreadie or marchbank could come in to give us the ability to play one of Jones or Weitering forward too.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
De Koning would be my choice.

Theres another option.

Macreadie or marchbank could come in to give us the ability to play one of Jones or Weitering forward too.

Marchbank is still week's away.....

Reply #19
Marchbank is still week's away.....
As usual.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
Something tells me I can't see them bringing TDK in, unless I am mistaken, he hasnt been an emergency all year? Having said that, I personally would really like to see him have a crack. McGovern should miss, cant see how Harry will get up after a week off with a hamstring. Surely a tall needs to come in?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #21
i say bring in some quick players the open space optus and to beat the hawks when there down for a change would really finish clarko year off.We owe them they always nailed us in those dark YEARS.

Reply #22
i say bring in some quick players the open space optus and to beat the hawks when there down for a change would really finish clarko year off.We owe them they always nailed us in those dark YEARS.
100% agree with that. Our F50 pressure has been abysmal. Let's throw in a few more quicks and see what happens

Reply #23
Something tells me I can't see them bringing TDK in, unless I am mistaken, he hasnt been an emergency all year? Having said that, I personally would really like to see him have a crack. McGovern should miss, cant see how Harry will get up after a week off with a hamstring. Surely a tall needs to come in?
It was suspected that Gov did a hamstring too.....So if Harry misses, surely Gov does too.

Moore will have to play, simply because we are so light on.

TDK could ALSO play if he's ready.

Ruck - Pittonet
CHF - Casboult
FF - TDK
backup ruck/3rd tall - Moore

Reply #24
Tom De Koning one of the best on ground in the reserves, rucked all day followed up when the ball hit the ground , hunted his opponent chases the ball and wandered down forward and kick 2 goals . Think he should come in. His best games in the twos by far have been games where he's rucked all day. Last time last season got 30 touches, lots of hitouts and a couple of goals when he was the only ruckman. Won't be the only ruck here but he's good to go. Reckon around the ground he'll be eventually dynamic.

Reply #25
TDK must come in based on what Moore didn't do on Saturday.  Where's Harry at?    Pretty clear that Teague is wedded to a taller attack strategy, but whorks have a tallish defence with Stratton MacEvoy Spud Sciliy (plays Tall)  and Frost, so I guess it comes down to delivery.

Have a sneaking suspicion that the AFL has had a gutful of Clarkson potting umpires etc  and we might actually get a fair run on Friday night.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #26
The Hawks relative strength is their midfield - they are pretty poor in the big man department both forward and back and playing against the Swans [who are also very weak in the talls dept] was an interesting battle. Sicily is their only quality tall. Stratton is on his last legs and needs to be run around by his opponent.

They will be desperate for McKay to play as they have no match up for him. McEvoy will probably go to Cas. TDK for Moore is a no brainer as he gave us nothing and TDK has the athleticism that they will struggle with. It sets up well for him.

I would play Dow or Honey [for McGov] to give us more run and fresh legs to combat thier midfield strength Wingard / Worpel / Smith / Scully / Shiel etc. I would also be playing Fisher and giving either Murph or Simmo a spell for a week. I think his pace on the harder grounds after the Hawks slogged it out with the Swans in the wet could be a big advantage for us. I would love MCGovern to have to work his way back into the team because he doesn't work hard enough for me.

Reply #27
Hard to see a player having full confidence in a tight hammy when a 5hr flight is your recovery time post match.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Club saying Harry likely to return, McGovern will miss.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #29
Club saying Harry likely to return, McGovern will miss.

Harry for Gov, TDK for Moore. TDK was nothing short of brilliant in the practice game. Whenever he's no.1 ruck he is really good, just never got the chance often. NB's last year as no.1 ruck he dominated hitouts, got 30 touches and kicked goals, Won't be no.1 ruck right now if selected but we need to be playing him now if he's showing form.