Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North (Read 14497 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North

Reply #180
Agree...a consistent performer still with some upside and more physical development to be had , knows his limitations and plays his role.
Probably goes under the radar as he isnt flashy but its the reliable types you build a core group around and he is now part of that core group IMO.

Got a funny feeling in a couple of years time, teams will be really concerned with what to do with Cripps, Setterfield and Kennedy in the centre bounce

Reply #181
Sorry to get back on topic. Just finished watching the game again. A bit better look gives a new perspective.

Eddie Betts - Definitely his worst game for the year. No impact and was getting very frustrated by a number of things.
Levi Casboult - Another quiet one. After that first goal I thought that would get his confidence up but just got continually out-muscled by his opponent. Didn't give a yelp. Think we all agree, he needs to be the change ruckman. Plays better when that's the case and God knows the Moore experiment was an unmitigated disaster.
Patrick Cripps - After the twat-knot went onto him, his influence was negated significantly. Still the Anderson move was a negative for Norf. He was getting plenty of it in the first. Robbing Peter to pay Paul really.
David Cuningham - Kudos to Cunners. Our best forward by far and has a really good boot. Special mention for his behaviour after he kicked that first goal from the McMillan shank handball. Instead of rubbing his nose in it he just jogged back to position. A refreshing change from the norm in AFL nowadays.
Ed Curnow - Good again yesterday. Had several opponents during the day before settling on Simpkin and did a number on him. Was our best player in the last. Just worked his arse off.
Sam Docherty - Had difficult time of it with the "Tiger King" tag. Also his disposal was uncharacteristically shabby.
Michael Gibbons - Battled hard and did a couple of nice things. A real soldier but not one of his better games.
Liam Jones - Played OK I thought. Got on top of Larkey in the end when the pressure was on.
Matthew Kennedy - Had a real good game. Just worked hard at every contest and hit the scoreboard. Good decision making and no stuff ups this week that I recall.
Jack Martin - Another with his worst game for the year. Flying for marks when he shouldn't, missing targets and missing goals he would ordinarily swallow. That last quarter miss from the double 50 was a shocker.
Mitch McGovern - Useless. No other word for it. Apart from one goal assist as useless as Moore. We were a man down even before he went off. One really interesting moment if you watch the replay is in the 2nd qtr when he fumbles the ball on half forward (one of the few times he gets close to it) and just loses it. Crippa just rips into him. Unsavoury look.
Callum Moore - Worse selection since Darcy Lang. Just like a an Auskick kid playing.
Marc Murphy - Was having real bad one again but his last quarter was good. Plenty ahead of him in the useless stakes.
Jack Newnes - His usual good bad and ugly game but he kicks goals nearly every game and some of his work is outstanding. I think we just have to live with his errors. A bit like Jones.
Sam Petrevski-Seton - This bloke worries me. Has the skills but not the intensity. I find myself screaming at the TV at him more than anyone else in the team. Just like Newnes, some good bad and ugly.
Marc Pittonet - Great game. He was the reason we were all over them in the 1st. His breaks from play cost us.
Lachie Plowman - That's 2 good games in a row for Lachie. His work in the last was awesome.
Will Setterfield - BOG. Just used the ball really real well. Seemed very cool under pressure and continues to do the hard work. Has really surprised me. I hope he keeps it up.
Kade Simpson - Solid game by the old champ. Still capable of some great one-percenters.
Sam Walsh - Building up his form nicely. In our best I thought.
Jacob Weitering - Bar one lapse in concentration, tool Brown to the cleaners. Just another scalp in his career best year to date.
Tom Williamson - Love this guy but yesterday was not one of his best games. Still there was one bit of play where he attacked and swooped up the ball and shot out a beautiful handball to advantage. It was spectacular. Still need to stick with him.

Other observations. Foxtel camerawork is woeful. Considering the number of players having an off day and IMO having 2 good quarters of football we did well to win. We went better in the wet. 3rd Quarter was by far the umpires worst.Great crowd presence and you could not hear the theme song after the win with the volume of the boos at the umps from our supporters.
Pretty spot on. I also worry about Samo, looks as lazy and soft as all get out, but laid 6 tackles yesterday which I love. He is a conundrum, I don't see the creative stuff everyone else sees as a big deal. Just going at the minute for mine.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #182
You are free to love and loath whomever you please. Your views on Pagan have been known for years. Pagan is a 2 time premiership coach. Malthouse 3 times. They aren't hacks.

This is great thing about having a selective memory. You forgot to mention that Pagan is also the proud owner of 2 spoons. How many spoons for Mr craphouse? Definitely contributed to one of ours. Didn't he get also get one at Collingwood? Hmmm, their record suddenly doesn't look so flash.

Don't just highlight their successes, they've been extremely lucky with some of the teams that have been handed to them. craphouse with basically a state team at WC and the Dark Lord with Carey and co. Both have been found wanting when needing to work with a team that doesn't suit the way they want to play.

They're both hacks, but the Dark Lord is the king when it comes to ineptness. C%ck of the highest order...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #183
Yep,  I'm on Spanners side here,  Malthouse was never committed to the position (as shown by his book tour)  and only did it from selfish bloodymindedness the Eddie and Bucks.    His use by date had expired.   The real mistake was sacking Ratten, exacerbated by replacing him by the lord of gibberish.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #184
This is great thing about having a selective memory. You forgot to mention that Pagan is also the proud owner of 2 spoons. How many spoons for Mr craphouse? Definitely contributed to one of ours. Didn't he get also get one at Collingwood? Hmmm, their record suddenly doesn't look so flash.

Don't just highlight their successes, they've been extremely lucky with some of the teams that have been handed to them. craphouse with basically a state team at WC and the Dark Lord with Carey and co. Both have been found wanting when needing to work with a team that doesn't suit the way they want to play.

They're both hacks, but the Dark Lord is the king when it comes to ineptness. C%ck of the highest order...
I "met" Pagan at a function when he first started as Carlton coach. At the time, I genuinely thought he was a good fit to steer us through the salary cap crapstorm. He walked passed our table on his way to the bath room and I extended my hand to him and said "welcome to our club Denis, you are the perfect fit for our list" to which he ignore my hand and replied rather narkely "and your an expert are ya" and kept walking passed. I was stunned and from that point I lost all respect for him. If I had my time again, I would have launched myself at the old kent and given him the hiding he deserved. An absolute tool.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #185

No coach will get anywhere without good cattle. Pagan's 2 spoons are at Carlton, which should not come as a surprise.  At North and as a reserves and U/19 coach, he was quite successful. With Malthouse, I can't be bothered checking, but I don't think he has any spoons at any of his 4 clubs, but happy to be corrected by someone who knows. You should be aware that he took 2 clubs to Grand finals, 7 Gf appearances in total, 3 flags. His last season of coaching Collingwood, the team had a 20/2 win/loss and a % of 167.7, which is still the highest of any team since 2000. Now if that's the record of a hack, I'd like to know what a very good coach looks like.

Reply #186
Fascinating as Pagan and MM may be, I think we are starting to drift off topic guys.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #187
Fascinating as Pagan and MM may be, I think we are starting to drift off topic guys.

Sorry, I am most likely the main offender this time.

Reply #188
Sorry to get back on topic. Just finished watching the game again. A bit better look gives a new perspective.

Eddie Betts - Definitely his worst game for the year. No impact and was getting very frustrated by a number of things.
Levi Casboult - Another quiet one. After that first goal I thought that would get his confidence up but just got continually out-muscled by his opponent. Didn't give a yelp. Think we all agree, he needs to be the change ruckman. Plays better when that's the case and God knows the Moore experiment was an unmitigated disaster.
Patrick Cripps - After the twat-knot went onto him, his influence was negated significantly. Still the Anderson move was a negative for Norf. He was getting plenty of it in the first. Robbing Peter to pay Paul really.
David Cuningham - Kudos to Cunners. Our best forward by far and has a really good boot. Special mention for his behaviour after he kicked that first goal from the McMillan shank handball. Instead of rubbing his nose in it he just jogged back to position. A refreshing change from the norm in AFL nowadays.
Ed Curnow - Good again yesterday. Had several opponents during the day before settling on Simpkin and did a number on him. Was our best player in the last. Just worked his arse off.
Sam Docherty - Had difficult time of it with the "Tiger King" tag. Also his disposal was uncharacteristically shabby.
Michael Gibbons - Battled hard and did a couple of nice things. A real soldier but not one of his better games.
Liam Jones - Played OK I thought. Got on top of Larkey in the end when the pressure was on.
Matthew Kennedy - Had a real good game. Just worked hard at every contest and hit the scoreboard. Good decision making and no stuff ups this week that I recall.
Jack Martin - Another with his worst game for the year. Flying for marks when he shouldn't, missing targets and missing goals he would ordinarily swallow. That last quarter miss from the double 50 was a shocker.
Mitch McGovern - Useless. No other word for it. Apart from one goal assist as useless as Moore. We were a man down even before he went off. One really interesting moment if you watch the replay is in the 2nd qtr when he fumbles the ball on half forward (one of the few times he gets close to it) and just loses it. Crippa just rips into him. Unsavoury look.
Callum Moore - Worse selection since Darcy Lang. Just like a an Auskick kid playing.
Marc Murphy - Was having real bad one again but his last quarter was good. Plenty ahead of him in the useless stakes.
Jack Newnes - His usual good bad and ugly game but he kicks goals nearly every game and some of his work is outstanding. I think we just have to live with his errors. A bit like Jones.
Sam Petrevski-Seton - This bloke worries me. Has the skills but not the intensity. I find myself screaming at the TV at him more than anyone else in the team. Just like Newnes, some good bad and ugly.
Marc Pittonet - Great game. He was the reason we were all over them in the 1st. His breaks from play cost us.
Lachie Plowman - That's 2 good games in a row for Lachie. His work in the last was awesome.
Will Setterfield - BOG. Just used the ball really real well. Seemed very cool under pressure and continues to do the hard work. Has really surprised me. I hope he keeps it up.
Kade Simpson - Solid game by the old champ. Still capable of some great one-percenters.
Sam Walsh - Building up his form nicely. In our best I thought.
Jacob Weitering - Bar one lapse in concentration, tool Brown to the cleaners. Just another scalp in his career best year to date.
Tom Williamson - Love this guy but yesterday was not one of his best games. Still there was one bit of play where he attacked and swooped up the ball and shot out a beautiful handball to advantage. It was spectacular. Still need to stick with him.

Other observations. Foxtel camerawork is woeful. Considering the number of players having an off day and IMO having 2 good quarters of football we did well to win. We went better in the wet. 3rd Quarter was by far the umpires worst.Great crowd presence and you could not hear the theme song after the win with the volume of the boos at the umps from our supporters.

Agree with all of that except from my memory I think you're being a touch kind to Plowman.

Trouble is with guys like him and Jones who have a tenancy to st!t the bed on a semi- regular basis it can "infect" young guys coming in like Williamson.
I'm just happy to see his body holding up.

Reply #189
Got a funny feeling in a couple of years time, teams will be really concerned with what to do with Cripps, Setterfield and Kennedy in the centre bounce

Not to mention Walshy flashing through the middle, Fisher, and Cunners. Our next crew will include the likes of Stocker, Honey, Philpy, and Kemp (all speculative of course).
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #190
Ever wwhenondered why you have so many complaints made against you ? There's certainly some stupidity around here, but not from me. Peanut.
Awww, poor Paulie can't take it. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Imagine you of all people calling someone a peanut. They call that an oxymoron.  You talk crap then get upset when people call you out on your rubbish. I laugh at people like you.

10-9 v 4 from 43 and you call others a peanut. Got no argument so "peanut" is what you resort to.

Reply #191
Crippa charged by MRO for Anderson incident.
Can you believe that?
Henry Ford.

Reply #192
Awww, poor Paulie can't take it. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Imagine you of all people calling someone a peanut. They call that an oxymoron.  You talk crap then get upset when people call you out on your rubbish. I laugh at people like you.

10-9 v 4 from 43 and you call others a peanut. Got no argument so "peanut" is what you resort to.

Me calling you a peanut is most certainly not an oxymoron, but if you remove the "oxy", the word that remains is certainly an accurate description of you.

Reply #193
Crippa charged by MRO for Anderson incident.
Can you believe that?
Fffen joke the MRO. Cripps gets wrestled on a regular basis most weeks just trying to play the game. Imagine if they fined them every time this happened?

Reply #194
Fffen joke the MRO. Cripps gets wrestled on a regular basis most weeks just trying to play the game. Imagine if they fined them every time this happened?

Common sense would suggest Anderson's studs up assault should get him a holiday

Yet no mention 🤬
Henry Ford.