Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North (Read 14537 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North

Reply #45
Couple of points.....we dont have the players to help Cripps when its gets tough and he is being set upon.
re: Dusty....you need to watch him more, eg like last night vs GWS....he punched a GWS players straight in the guts who was doing what Anderson did to Cripps.....dont see as much of Fyfe so I cant comment.

They all do it EB, just got to be clever about when. Dusty has a few years on Crippa coping with taggers.  If we can win and Crippa is doing SFA (by his lofty standards), Ill take it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #46
Everyone knows I am a Willo fan, been terrible for 2-3 weeks now
Yep..have to agree, one of my fav players but this isnt the old Willo, he looks thinner, not as quick and doesnt have the awareness
like when he first played. Maybe a role on a wing where he can build confidence and ball handling errors are not as vital.
Down back he has leaked goals and is a bit of a liability....Newman if fit would probably have his spot.

Reply #47
Yep..have to agree, one of my fav players but this isnt the old Willo, he looks thinner, not as quick and doesnt have the awareness
like when he first played. Maybe a role on a wing where he can build confidence and ball handling errors are not as vital.
Down back he has leaked goals and is a bit of a liability....Newman if fit would probably have his spot.
Ignoring Simmo they are still quite a young backline, Plowman is probably 2IC, so I understand they make some rookie mistakes.

Some Willo criticism is unwarranted, twice in two weeks he dished off to blokes calling for the footy, when they shouldn't have called for the footy, and once he's been given the footy to his surprise when he was just running through to draw a defender away. Walsh who has been OK was two out of three in those incidents, but he escaped media and fan heat because he had a good game.

I agree Willo looks lighter/leaner, doesn't mean he lost strength, perhaps it's deliberate part of getting his back sorted. He still looks like a player worth persisting with.

Is it a mistake to play him so deep in defence? To me he has always looked most dangerous forward of center.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
De Koning must be pure mud if he's not getting a game ahead of Callum Moore!

That's the issue, he's not. You were either going with De Koning or a smaller type like Honey in the wet.

Suppose, on the bright side, we found that Moore was crap in a game that we won.

Reply #49
AFL Website headline:
“ Blues condemn gallant Roos to sixth loss in a row.”
Remember when they were the headlines used to describe us.......like just over a year ago!!

Reply #50
They all do it EB, just got to be clever about when. Dusty has a few years on Crippa coping with taggers.  If we can win and Crippa is doing SFA (by his lofty standards), Ill take it.

I'm old school GTC and dont like seeing our champion skipper pushed around by some hack like Anderson....he gets angry and gives away dumb frees but I want him to get even. Take your point he needs a few more years like Dusty to get a more sly part of his game to deal with it.
I want Cripps to be like Cunnington vs Vince....its Nth on the end of some intimidation with Higgins getting targeted but Vince tries it on with Cunnington and its my idea of curing the problem...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGhOLlZ78s4

Reply #51
Shout out to Qld BlueBaggers at the game, well done on the huge voice and giving it to the over-officiating umpires... especially considering the conditions. 👏
A call or email to the umpires dept woudn't go astray RE the studs in the guts (twice this year, no free). The rest, meh. In my view we give away more stupid frees than other sides. As I said earlier, the HTB rule is a just a raffle now. For example, the one against Gov, got pinged for incorrect disposal and it was a lighning quick decision by the umps. Other times, its called play on coz it spilled loose. I just dont get it, it should be incorrect disposal every time you either dont kick it or handball it. SImple, no play on.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #52
That's the issue, he's not. You were either going with De Koning or a smaller type like Honey in the wet.

Suppose, on the bright side, we found that Moore was crap in a game that we won.
I think we picked Moore expecting some aggro, but it is probably a bit easier to be aggro surrounded by Dusty, Nankervis, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Lambert, Grimes, McIntosh, Caddy, etc., etc..
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
Pittonet redeemed himself today, I think this was his best game so far, the first of quality against a serious ruck opponent.

That is what we need, a guy who is competitive against the best, not a guy who dominates B-Graders then gets smashed by the A-Graders.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #54
Pittonet redeemed himself today, I think this was his best game so far, the first of quality against a serious ruck opponent.

That is what we need, a guy who is competitive against the best, not a guy who dominates B-Graders then gets smashed by the A-Graders.
Played 4 quarters and was my best Blues player for the day.....not super dominant but negated Goldy and did some handy stuff himself with zero help ie Moore.....

Reply #55
Played 4 quarters and was my best Blues player for the day.....not super dominant but negated Goldy and did some handy stuff himself with zero help ie Moore.....
I'll try and watch a replay before I decide or vote, I thought Kennedy was probably my best, perhaps his best game for us as well. Kennedy and Plowman took some mighty pressure marks today in less than ideal conditions, but Kennedy had at least two maybe three strong contested marks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
Still, a major standout was Pittonet.  Doesn't know fear

Reply #57
I'm old school GTC and dont like seeing our champion skipper pushed around by some hack like Anderson....he gets angry and gives away dumb frees but I want him to get even. Take your point he needs a few more years like Dusty to get a more sly part of his game to deal with it.
I want Cripps to be like Cunnington vs Vince....its Nth on the end of some intimidation with Higgins getting targeted but Vince tries it on with Cunnington and its my idea of curing the problem...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGhOLlZ78s4

Gee Oliver would have romped in an Acadamy Award for that. IIRC, Cunnington got a week for that? Ed is doing the same to the opo guns, thats life.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #58
And was handy around the ground and buttering up after a ruck contest.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #59
Gee Oliver would have romped in an Acadamy Award for that. IIRC, Cunnington got a week for that? Ed is doing the same to the opo guns, thats life.
Cunnington got a fine only...well worth the investment, bet Vince didnt try that BS on with him again...
The quicky in the bread basket doesnt seem to attract as much condemnation as the head high stuff or jumper punch, Dusty likes to use
it a lot to keep opponents honest..
I think Greg Williams didnt mind delivering a sly one in that region either....