Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North (Read 14647 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North

Reply #90
You could see North were trying to be aggressive and push the boundaries but they lost the clearances and contested pos (2nd to the ball all day) yet they won the free kick count 32 - 24.
Got lucky with No Cunnington and Zeibell, sure you can only beat who is out there but thats a big hole in a list that doesnt have much talent especially on a greasy wet day where those two love to operate in.

Reply #91
So to counter that, we should get on the front foot and email the umpires dept tonight with our own complaints. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. 5P's kids

I agree totally. Mention people getting the stops stuck into them. Point out the terrible frees paid against us in the last quarter.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #92
Moore had been training well, is seen as a workhorse and has been doing ruck training with Kreuzer.....was useless in the ruck mistiming leaps and useless down forward vs a real pro in Tarrant who along with the surprising Walker had too much muscle and nous for Moore and Levi.
Surprised Levi wasnt used in the ruck as he was having a shocker down forward.
Vs Ceglar and McEvoy we will might need TDK if Levi is going to be played forward permanently....Piitonet vs his old ruck mates might find the double team a bit tough on his own...

Doesn't help the side or Levi if he doesn't ruck.

Reply #93
Doesn't help the side or Levi if he doesn't ruck.
I agree. he needs to get into the play.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #94
It was foolish to tell Cripps to lose size so he can spread to position quicker he has now lost his main weapon his intimidating size. Punks like Polec today would never move him in the past and he would stand in the tackle and dish it off now he seems beatable and able to be tackled easily. Needs to bulk up again.

As for Callum Moore when Charlie Curnow went down again I would rather them have rookied Pat Kerr back for insurance rather than Moore an absolute dud, so far in the preseason games and today I have not seen him touch the ball at all. As we are stuck with him on our list can we bring in one of the witches hats we use at training and stick a number 47 jumper on it as it would have a better chance of getting a productive stat! At least it would have a better haircut.
Happy with the win though😀

Reply #95
Gee we are getting a rough deal from the Umps.
I hope we play the footage of Eddie Betts being held: really obvious. Plowman not paid a mark which he clearly took.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #96
Moore had been training well, is seen as a workhorse and has been doing ruck training with Kreuzer.....was useless in the ruck mistiming leaps and useless down forward vs a real pro in Tarrant who along with the surprising Walker had too much muscle and nous for Moore and Levi.
Surprised Levi wasnt used in the ruck as he was having a shocker down forward.
Vs Ceglar and McEvoy we will might need TDK if Levi is going to be played forward permanently....Piitonet vs his old ruck mates might find the double team a bit tough on his own...

With no H and Moore being fairly ordinary once Gov went off we couldn’t run Cas in the ruck.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #97
Jack Martin's kicking for goal: he needs to work on that. He leans back too often, and the kick goes astray. Need to fix that and quickly!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #98
It was foolish to tell Cripps to lose size so he can spread to position quicker he has now lost his main weapon his intimidating size. Punks like Polec today would never move him in the past and he would stand in the tackle and dish it off now he seems beatable and able to be tackled easily. Needs to bulk up again.

As for Callum Moore when Charlie Curnow went down again I would rather them have rookied Pat Kerr back for insurance rather than Moore an absolute dud, so far in the preseason games and today I have not seen him touch the ball at all. As we are stuck with him on our list can we bring in one of the witches hats we use at training and stick a number 47 jumper on it as it would have a better chance of getting a productive stat! At least it would have a better haircut.
Happy with the win though😀

Yes, would not have been the worst thing to re-rookie Kerr. Wasn't as if he was struggling just not a spot for him. Surely he was always going to be more value than Moore at any time. With Charlie out for the year and Harry out today this a game he would've played.

Reply #99
You could see North were trying to be aggressive and push the boundaries but they lost the clearances and contested pos (2nd to the ball all day) yet they won the free kick count 32 - 24.

We're strong in the important areas. That has to pay off if/when we do it consistently.

I'd like to see the club take a stand about the umpiring inconsistencies too. Enough of nice. Time to switch to ruthlessly competitive. IMO that's the next step of our progression.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #100
I thought that, especially in Q2 North disrupted our ball movement away from stoppages even when we were winning the initial clearance and then won the ball. Got themselves right back into the game that way.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #101
With no H and Moore being fairly ordinary once Gov went off we couldn’t run Cas in the ruck.

Tarrant and Walker were slaughtering Moore and Casboult. We needed to do something different, the Bolt to the ruck to get him into the game and maybe Pittonet, Cripps or Martin to FF. Mcgovern wasn't a factor when he was on the ground.

Reply #102
Tarrant and Walker were slaughtering Moore and Casboult. We needed to do something different, the Bolt to the ruck to get him into the game and maybe Pittonet, Cripps or Martin to FF. Mcgovern wasn't a factor when he was on the ground.

Gov wasn’t a factor when he was on, except he needed someone sitting on him, once he went off If you take Cas out you leave a first gamer in amongst the wolves alone...
I suspect Pitto won’t offer much as a forward, as a ruck floating forward sure, but not as a forward.
That said, I would have tried to work something between Kennedy and Cas forward with the smalls running around them.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #103
I've refrained from commenting on it this year,  but the umpiring was criminally bad.

Watching the replay,  Norf get everything they deserve, the scragging,  cheating pack of thugs.   Pity the umpires are blind to the crap they get away with.  The kung fu kick on Cripps should have been a report, and Pittard got what he deserved.  Total  D head.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #104
The general view on this thread re Callum Moore is that he is not up to AFL standard and put in a shocker today.

I had never seen him play until today and agree that he was a liability and  completely overawed by the occasion.

However, it was his first game and he was not the only forward to go missing today.

Given his height and weight, are we being too quick to dismiss him?  I keep looking for another Mitch Robinson  - somebody who puts in all day and takes the pressure off our lighter built players.