Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Action: 2020 AFL Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 5088 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Action: 2020 AFL Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #30
Same old, same old. Apply real pressure and we fold... easily the most psychologically soft side in the AFL. And it starts with the leaders making appalling mistakes (Murphy!)... then the wheels just fall off.

We've played two really down and sides in the past two weeks and made them look good.

We have a long, long way to go.

Allowing 6 unanswered goals from a poor, out-of-form side is an indictment and shows just how undisciplined and soft we are. No sustained tenacity... just incapable.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
A tale of two quarters to say the least. They are now killing us out of the stoppages and their skills are blowing us away. First need to get the clamps on them in.the 3q.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32
Midfield showed up big time in that quarter. Hard to find a player who used it well and coupled with no accountability any wonder they run all over us.

Reply #33
The good news.

1. We can't play any worse than the 2nd quarter.
2. Our forwards are dominating.....they just didn't get a chance in the 2nd.
3. its a 2-goal game with plenty to play.
4. Teague is good at getting his boys to reset and go back to the basics which got us up in the first place.

Reply #34
The good news.

1. We can't play any worse than the 2nd quarter.
2. Our forwards are dominating.....they just didn't get a chance in the 2nd.
3. its a 2-goal game with plenty to play.
4. Teague is good at getting his boys to reset and go back to the basics which got us up in the first place.
there’s no good news, goalless qtr, surrendered a 5 goal lead without even a yelp. We are Clarkos (and now Boltons) bitches.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
Curnow was missing from the centre that second quarter, he was really good in the first and got us out of the centre multiple times.  he MUST lift.  Jones can leave now, Cripps has had his brain removed, as has Murphy, >:(  >:D

Reply #36
I said this pre game.
This game will tell us heaps about where we are placed- even more now considering the start. Biggest test for Teague too.
We should still win this if we have improved from last year. Big 2 quarters coming up.

Reply #37
It's all my fault. Every time I watch them live they turn to crap. I have stopped watching it, otherwise i going to blow a fuffer value.

Reply #38
Hawks definitely have their tail up. Somehow we need to find a sharp stick and poke it right up their ass. Have to get back on top at the stoppages.

Reply #39
We look dangerous when the ball comes inside 50.

Levi goals.

We just need to work out how to transition between half back and half forward. Thats where we are falling down.

Reply #40
OK, the umpire calls 'throw it in'.....i saw the action.

I turn around for a second, and apparantly its now deliberate? What the hell just happened?

Of course they get a goal out of it.

Reply #41
I'm officially off SPS

Reply #42
One of the few times I've considered questioning Teague along with the half arsed efforts of a few players.   We will not win this

Reply #44
You know what i like about you spanner, your positivity knows no bounds.
Kruddler, I'll be positive when this sh*# stain of a club gives me something to be positive about.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...