Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pondering: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 11953 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pondering: AFL 2020 Rd 9: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #30
Just revolting. Don’t even know what else to says. My kids want to Barack for another team. Same
Old crap and we are over it.

They are not better than us there Is no reason we gave up. No reason,

Captains should hang their heads In shame. Both disgraceful.

Reply #31
Also can’t stand those Farking money hungry arseholes the hawks have bought in, in wingard scully Frawley yet we make them shine.
screw off

Reply #32
Also is Eddie beyond criticism.

Did stuff all again. Thing is there isn’t exactly heaps of kids knocking the door down to take his spot.

Cunningham is the missing man. his best is good but has no impact way too often to make it.

Reply #33
SPS trade FFS, if we can get something for him
Plowman craps himself at critical times
Cunningham hero one week, useless the next
Our blokes had the fumbles all day, they crap themselves I reckon, heard footsteps
How many dropped/spilled marks by defenders
Cripps has runs on the board so its hard to be overly critical but some of his stuff was embarrassing today.
Would love to see stats broken down per qtr but we seemed to have 3/4 of the team barely touched it after qtr time.
Their insiders beat us up for 3.5 qtrs, their outsiders just sat off in space and made us pay.
H was a good in...not
If I hear one more person say Mitchells possessions dont hurt Ill spew up.
Teaguey and co got owned today, I reckon a certain short statured assistant at Hawthorn will have a very big smile on his face tonight.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
If we are entertaining a one year contract with Murphy, we're even dumber than I thought.

Reply #35
Offer Higgins from North a deal, make an offer to Gunston with a swap of picks and player (Williamson or McGovern). Trade SPS to Fremantle for a Vic who wants to come home (maybe Adam Cera / someone else), or try the Eagles with an offer for Gaff. Go again for Papley although I doubt we will be successful. All those players regularly contribute and while SPS has been good at times, he isn't there right now.

All of these guys would have made a difference tonight with more run, hunger and skill set against an ageing Hawks line-up.

I will post in the other thread as this had gone off-topic.

Reply #36
Offer Higgins from North a deal, make an offer to Gunston with a swap of picks and player (Williamson or McGovern). Trade SPS to Fremantle for a Vic who wants to come home (maybe Adam Cera / someone else), or try the Eagles with an offer for Gaff. Go again for Papley although I doubt we will be successful. All those players regularly contribute and while SPS has been good at times, he isn't there right now.

All of these guys would have made a difference tonight with more run, hunger and skill set against an ageing Hawks line-up.

I will post in the other thread as this had gone off-topic.

Alot of merit there, we seem to keep going with the same blokes over and over expecting a different result. Consistently inconsistent are the current crop. Change is required at years end.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37
stuff Bolton he can enjoy his day apparently on $400j at hawthorn is whether, not fussed.

This is what I saw - don’t worry about plot or Moore. Think of docherty, turnovers under zero pressure. Murphy the same. Cripps tried to be a hero when a hero wasn’t needed - it was all over the socials this week he couldn’t wait to play in front of family and friends. Hope you’re proud of your ‘team’ effort mate.  SPS and Martin again, couldn’t wait to play in front of their state. Hope you’re proud?

Levi, hold your head up. Walsh, same. Weiters, again. Everyone else, pull your head out of your arse of stuff off. Sick of it.

And Clarke is a master coach and I am embarrassed he shows us up like that

Reply #38
TdK for Moore,  Fisher for Murphy, if Stocker was available I'd swap him for SPS.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #39
TdK for Moore,  Fisher for Murphy, if Stocker was available I'd swap him for SPS.
Yes, yes and yes. Although I think Stocker is still in Melbourne? Get you drift there but don't stop at 3.

Reply #40
Couldn't see the game. My Good fortune it seems.

All the criticism of Murphy and Plowman, both who just signed new contracts 😕
I thought players we're bouyed when a new deal is reached.

Sounds like Samo and Willo also performed poorly, and Jonesy at critical times. Regards Crippa, can't help but wonder where his future lies. East or West?

Unfathomable that changes weren't made despite a 10 goal turnaround. Crikey what more evidence do you need?

I think I'll preserve my mental health and give the replay a miss. Very disappointing result.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #41
Yes save yourself

Disgusting display after quarter time.

I don’t recall every being so embarrassed and disgusted.

Reply #42
Also is Eddie beyond criticism.

Did stuff all again. Thing is there isn’t exactly heaps of kids knocking the door down to take his spot.

Cunningham is the missing man. his best is good but has no impact way too often to make it.
Cunningham has resembled Carlton.

Some of our best football this year has been exquisite, better than most teams can hope to produce, but at the other end of the scale some of our football is barely AFL standard. Sometimes we get both in the same game. Some games we can't miss a target, others we can't get within 10m of a target. As Beverige said, our efficiency inside 50 was off that charts, other days it's plainly hopeless.

Those gaps we have to close.

Reply #43
Yes save yourself

Disgusting display after quarter time.

I don’t recall every being so embarrassed and disgusted.

Sad to hear such disillusion from so many Bluebaggers 😪

Hope folk can find some joy over the weekend. Maybe some gardening, or fishing? Or perhaps tune in to watch the Drugcheats lose (22 - 66 3/4 time). Take care
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #44
That is the only tiny positive at the moment.

Must say, to me; there was absolutely zero positive to be taken out of our game today and actually lament the rest of our season/s because there is something f rotten there.

Forget last week.
We were lucky.