Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 16 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 2881 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 16 2023 Post Game Passion Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #30
Harry's passing was my highlight for the day. I'm happy for him to stay outside 50 and set goals up.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #31
Harry's passing was my highlight for the day. I'm happy for him to stay outside 50 and set goals up.

I think Harry, Charlie and Jack all had some terrific vision and passing today.

Sometimes i'd prefer they get a bit more selfish, but you can't argue with the result.

Reply #32
Where is everyone ? Good news really is bad for business.
Went to the game, then when I got home I watched it again. Wanted to soak it all in before getting on board here. I guess we were the favourites but who amongst us would've been that confident, especially after the out of TDK.
A lot to like. A bit of rubbish here and there. Still, nice to get the win and this will now be the 3rd week of NO Carlton bashing by the media. 

Reply #33
Went to the game, then when I got home I watched it again. Wanted to soak it all in before getting on board here. I guess we were the favourites but who amongst us would've been that confident, especially after the out of TDK.
A lot to like. A bit of rubbish here and there. Still, nice to get the win and this will now be the 3rd week of NO Carlton bashing by the media. 
I almost tipped against us.

Once upon a time this was the epitome of danger game.  Crap but plucky opponent, post bye games are something we've struggled with.

I held my nerve and at the moment I'm living and dying on us which has cost me a 5 point lead in my tips.  I'm down to one now thanks to us not getting the job done against Sydney and essendon. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #34
Unfortunately I think the media may focus on Weitering being reported for a hit on the ruckman (I think)
I wonder if it was #22Nathan WA Wilkinson that reported him. Might conveniently see him miss v Freo 😎 (navy lenses)
Did anyone see it?
Only saw the vision on the Foxtel coverage. A bit blurry. Weitering was retaliating to a cheap shot by Meek. Looks like a blow to the throat rather than the head. Think that will be the line we use. Maybe a fine? Toss the coin

Reply #35
Cuningham is an important piece in our puzzle.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #38
I thought Newman got caught out of position a few times today, wasn't his best today.  I thought Harry was much better today, wonder if the media will keep offering him up as draft bait after today
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #39
Cuningham is an important piece in our puzzle.

Cunningham, Martin, and Jack all played very important roles today.
We're able to execute the plan. Next step is to stay fit and string some games together 🤞
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #40
Crowd was very pleased - though todays win didnt mean all that much  -  felt the crowd felt the method to our gameplay is excellent.
Our defensive actions all game is A grade tbh - doesn;t matter it's against a bottom four side. They were trying to smash us on the outside and Mitchell got outcoached to smitherenes with the numbers around the ball.

Reply #41
They were trying to smash us on the outside and Mitchell got outcoached to smitherenes with the numbers around the ball.
I thought the only time they looked any good was when they collectively got on their bike, but they couldn't sustain it and even when they had the pill they used it poorly entering their F50.

The rest of the time Cripps, Cerra and Kennedy were claiming the front position at stoppages and couldn't be displaced, just too big and too strong.

Charlie had almost zero opposition.

BigH and our other forwards didn't have a lot of impact, Martin was probably our 2nd most influential forward he was much smarter than his opponents and very influential. Cunningham was also good early.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Cunningham, Martin, and Jack all played very important roles today.
We're able to execute the plan. Next step is to stay fit and string some games together 🤞

Yep. And so good to see JSOS hold his grabs - took some very strong and important marks.

Cunners adds so much 'silk' to our side and will only get better with more game time. He really seems to have developed beautifully under the Luke P tutelage... from 'cameo with potential' to a real weapon. And if Jack M can stay on the paddock he adds that X factor to our forwards with such good footy smarts... as have Cunners ...and JSOS (though I do worry about his future at the club).

IF we maintain this pressure around the aggott & opposition (great tackle count last two games), we'll threaten any side, along with our multiple goal kicking options/threats and solid (and mean) defensive unit.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
I think one of the key things I have seen in the last two weeks has been the small forwards. Owies I think has done his job harassing all year but with Fogarty Martin and Cunningham tackling pressure has been greatly improved from the timid efforts of Motlop and Honey. Keeping the ball in the 50 but also not giving a clear and easy kick to opposition defenders is helping us create more opportunities. Fogarty especially has surprised me with his tackling and taste for the contest.