Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2022 Rd 12 Carlton vs Essendon at Windy Hill (Read 3215 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL 2022 Rd 12 Carlton vs Essendon at Windy Hill

We play the B*mbers at Windy Hill on Saturday at 1345.
Should be slightly stronger this week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL 2022 Rd 12 Carlton vs Essendon at Windy Hill

Reply #1
We play the B*mbers at Windy Hill on Saturday at 1345.
Should be slightly stronger this week.

Yep, and Will H and Sam D will be wanting to especially impress.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Yep, and Will H and Sam D will be wanting to especially impress.
Will H has been impressing all year, Sam D just needs to lear our "ropes".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Will H has been impressing all year, Sam D just needs to lear our "ropes".
Think Sam. D might have to play vs Richmond who might have three talls down forward and we might need a plan B for Lynch with no Weitering.
Hayes recruiting remains a mystery to me...

Reply #4
Cover for Willo I reckon, his illness has been for several months apparently.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
Cover for Willo I reckon, his illness has been for several months apparently.
Different players though.

I think we are well sorted for HBF's and IMO Willo was on the way out before the recent revelations.

Hayes......a bit like Boyd....WHY!

Happy to be proven wrong and he becomes a gun, but not holding my breath.

Reply #6
Hayes will be first off the rank to replace Cerra if his form continues. Dow has no chance - doesnt seem coaches rate him and Stocker should be playing midfield as he should be first off the rank to replace Cerra.

Reply #7
Damn straight.   Stocker could come in and play midfield minutes and a role  versus the swag of tigers' small types eg Short.  But I bet they play Hayes
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8
One of the problems with Stocker in the midfield is his tank. We use Kennedy beautifully off the bench, in bursts with limited minutes because of his lack of midfield endurance. We can't afford to have 2 the same.....

Reply #9
Damn straight.   Stocker could come in and play midfield minutes and a role  versus the swag of tigers' small types eg Short.  But I bet they play Hayes
Tigers will probably have Lambert back and Prestia playing the full game this time so it's going to be a lot harder in the midfield without Cerra. Ditto down back with Lynch also playing and the possibilty they will play three talls down forward is going to stretch us. Going to be a very tough game...that's why I want Stocker back in..

Reply #10
Think Sam. D might have to play vs Richmond who might have three talls down forward and we might need a plan B for Lynch with no Weitering.

I think that it’s been explained quite well.

Hayes was on our radar and was invited to join our VFL team to get him into our system and get a closer look at him.

He has been the most consistent performer in our VFL team (along with Dow), has good disposal and is a very reliable kick for goal.

Our high forwards still aren’t performing consistently and adding another to the mix increases competition and improves the likelihood of coming up with a better forward combination.

Hayes (and Durdin) isn’t a stop-gap.  He is seen as addressing a gap in our list profile.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
Durdin got a handball receive in the back pocket out of the goal square but then froze, was tackled and gave away the free kick and a goal. That betrayed that he might not yet be used to the pace of the game. Did a few good things but thankfully he wasn’t thrown in the deep end last night.

Brodie Kemp was out marked by 2 Essendon talls to cough up 2 consecutive goals, was banished to the forward line where he scored a goal or 2. Not sure there’s a replacement for Weitering in the VFL.

Reply #12
Saw that one Mav with Durdin.... ::)

Reply #13
I’m barracking for him though. He’s a very good kick as is evidenced by being entrusted with kick-ins and seems to have good mobility. But I would have preferred to see him play on James Stewart, an AFL-level tall forward. instead, he’s been playing on Baldwin, whoever that is. Presumably, that’s because Baldwin is taller but I’d prefer Carlton to prioritise Durdin’s audition for senior selection over winning a VFL game.

Reply #14
Seems Stewart’s 199 cm while Baldwin’s a 193 cm 20 year old with only 4 games in the seniors. Poor old Kemp had the honour of taking the ruck-sized forward instead …