Skip to main content
Topic: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing) (Read 117541 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing)

Reply #240
Spot on Lods. Plenty of words have been spoken by many people at CFC but little changed in previous years and 2015 seems destined for the same fate. I don't think MM and his coaching group are making any headway on this front. Where to from here? Very courageous decisions will be needed from the club's board and management if we don't improve significantly this year.

Just about the entire coaching group is out of contract at year's end... there'll be changes.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #241
How many times did Murphy do a side step and pirouette and hold up play instead of moving the ball forward?

A few times.
As someone who's backed him against a lot of criticism, what I saw was a guy getting cheap stats and tying to look like he's contributing.

He was so bad I don't think they bothered to tag him.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #242
Just about the entire coaching group is out of contract at year's end... there'll be changes.

Can't get rid of one without all the others.

They are all linked to Mick, with the exception of Barker and Green.

Can someone please tell me how we can run out of gas halfway through the second quarter?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #243

My concern Baggers is can any coach change the attitudes and improve the skills of our playing group? Reading through this thread and ones like it over the past few years highlights clearly that that's where our problems lie. Changing the coaching group is only a part of the answer IMHO - we also need to look very closely at our senior players and the so-called leadership group.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #244
That performance last night showed no evidence of a group of guys working hard for one another, or holding a bond of any sort.

I disagree, I think the players worked their guts out and went hard for each other.
Our problem is simply a lack of sufficient numbers of skilled players and has been for more than a decade.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #245

Can someone please tell me how we can run out of gas halfway through the second quarter?

An interesting question, especially when you remember that the Pies were much better in this area than we are when Buttifant was there?? They were a hard running, hard competing team even if lacking polish in some areas.

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #246
at trainings flip it so some of the junior boys or lesser like are barking orders at the senior guys.
Let a few the second tier players control precedings and the seniors just have to cop it.
It's like evryone can see what the leaders are doing wrong during game time but no-one wants to say boo for fear of repercussions.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #247

Judd could only carry us for 45 minutes this time, he ran out of steam, no one stepped up to fill the breach.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #248
at trainings flip it so some of the junior boys or lesser like are barking orders at the senior guys.
Let a few the second tier players control precedings and the seniors just have to cop it.
It's like evryone can see what the leaders are doing wrong during game time but no-one wants to say boo for fear of repercussions.

i am over Jamison Carrozzo Murphy Simpson Gibbs ...these blokes are leaders of losing clubs ..they have no success to set an example for the juniors that come into PP

when the heat was on last night, they went back to their old habits of side kicks on the side, soft attempts etc..they have all been poorly developed at the last 10 years at PP

we need a massive recruitment and development drive under SOS...I will be more than happy to move the above blokes for a trade

as for kruezer, unfortunately, I see him cooked...

Reply #249
I disagree, I think the players worked their guts out and went hard for each other.
Our problem is simply a lack of sufficient numbers of skilled players and has been for more than a decade.

Maybe the ease with which they waltzed through us on a number of occasions clouded my judgement....I just saw it as not many concerned with blocking for or supporting their teammates.

It's also a strength thing, I guess, and the tackling was pretty wimpish I'm afraid.

Reply #250
watch carefully last night ...Simpson kicked poorly on numerous occasions into the corridor..missed his target (as per usual) tigers get a goal

Did you see Simpson pulling Curnow into line?

Curnow was stuffed and walking behind play. Simpson went off his nut to get him to go man someone up. Curnow fired back and it was on. Both yelling pointing and gesturing. In the end Curnow went and did as he was told and manned up a lose Tigers forward long enough for someone to come down so he could switch out.

Had Simmo not demanded Curnow do that, they may have got a goal out of it as there was a spare man inside 50.
Without the leadership of Simmo, we would've been further behind.

Reply #251
Did you see Simpson pulling Curnow into line?

Curnow was stuffed and walking behind play. Simpson went off his nut to get him to go man someone up. Curnow fired back and it was on. Both yelling pointing and gesturing. In the end Curnow went and did as he was told and manned up a lose Tigers forward long enough for someone to come down so he could switch out.

Had Simmo not demanded Curnow do that, they may have got a goal out of it as there was a spare man inside 50.
Without the leadership of Simmo, we would've been further behind.

yes i did. Unfortunately I cant see simpson as a leader- he doesn't have the physical presence of a selwood or a hodge to lead the pack of men

his skills are limited with left foot and an average one

his endeavour is  1st class but he is not the complete leader we need

Reply #252
yes i did. Unfortunately I cant see simpson as a leader- he doesn't have the physical presence of a selwood or a hodge to lead the pack of men

Since when does a leader need to be 'complete'?

Maxwell was the captain of a premiership side. Talk about average.

Leadership has nothing to do with how well you can kick a football.

Reply #253

Aren't you the guy who bitched and moaned all preseason about this place being the non carlton supporters club?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #254
Since when does a leader need to be 'complete'?

Maxwell was the captain of a premiership side. Talk about average.

Leadership has nothing to do with how well you can kick a football.

my filth mates rate Maxwell as one of the the best Collingwood captains

maxwell kicks better than simpson

leadership has everything to do with all aspects of football - how can a leader say ""do as I say not as I do" if his kicking is awful?