Skip to main content
Topic: Best team.....and next best (Read 17044 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Best team.....and next best

Reply #45
Apologies that this is off topic, I didn't know where to put it. I just got my promised membership upgrade, and it is access to something called the Legends Lounge which apparently all other members also have access to. Living 2 hours drive away this is something I will never use. Just a little disappointed, I liked the idea of a free upgrade to all members when they announced it.....

Reply #46
Apologies that this is off topic, I didn't know where to put it. I just got my promised membership upgrade, and it is access to something called the Legends Lounge which apparently all other members also have access to. Living 2 hours drive away this is something I will never use. Just a little disappointed, I liked the idea of a free upgrade to all members when they announced it.....

No apologies required.

It's a bit of a car-sales technique, giving you something for free that you have already paid for! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
Yep seems that way. Forget membership upgrades, I'd settle for a few more wins

Reply #48
Pickett is a must.
Fast and can tackle.
Curnow, McKay and McGovern have to increase their tackle pressure.
Barry Hall said it did wonders for his game at the Swans.

Think you'll like McGovern's tackling pressure.

Reply #49

2.4 tackles per game, 11 possies, 1.4 goals, less than 1 assist per game......will need to lift those numbers with us, wont have the entries/delivery that the Crows provide either.

Reply #50

How many may not be the issue, the ferocity is the thing I'm looking forward to, someone aggressive in our F50.

He's not going to be a giant waiting out back of a pack for a Joe-The-Goose!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51

I meant as a unit.
They have to harass and tackle. I’m sick to death of watching opposition players walk out of our forward line.
All three have pace, they need to build a defensive reputation.
Hamill was a beauty for it

Reply #52
From the AFL website:

TEAM EXPLAINED: Nic Newman's arrival will help to offset an ACL injury that is likely to rule out co-captain Sam Docherty for the majority, if not all, of 2019. Lochie O'Brien will likely play off half-back, though the Blues have also trialled Sam Petrevski-Seton in that role. Alex Fasolo and Mitch McGovern find positions up forward, while Will Setterfield adds a bigger body into a light midfield. Sam Walsh narrowly edges out fellow first-round draft pick Liam Stocker for the final place in the team, while Tom Williamson returns and goes ahead of Liam Jones on the bench to add flexibility to the side's backline. Jack Silvagni, Jarrod Pickett, Tom Bugg and David Cuningham will likely be the first in line for a recall from the reserves.

PRE-SEASON BATTLE: A four-way battle looms for three key position places down back. Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman, Caleb Marchbank and Liam Jones are all flexible intercept players, but may not be able to fit into the same back six. - Riley Beveridge

B: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman
HB: Lochie O'Brien, Caleb Marchbank, Kade Simpson
C: Ed Curnow, Will Setterfield, Marc Murphy
HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Paddy Dow
F: Mitch McGovern, Harry McKay, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
I/C: Matthew Kennedy, Tom Williamson, Dale Thomas, Sam Walsh

Reply #53
2.4 tackles per game, 11 possies, 1.4 goals, less than 1 assist per game......will need to lift those numbers with us, wont have the entries/delivery that the Crows provide either.
Disagree, we get it in enough, just have to clean it up a little. With some genuine quality up fwd (Gov and with the improving H and CC, the goals will come.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #54
From the AFL website:

TEAM EXPLAINED: Nic Newman's arrival will help to offset an ACL injury that is likely to rule out co-captain Sam Docherty for the majority, if not all, of 2019. Lochie O'Brien will likely play off half-back, though the Blues have also trialled Sam Petrevski-Seton in that role. Alex Fasolo and Mitch McGovern find positions up forward, while Will Setterfield adds a bigger body into a light midfield. Sam Walsh narrowly edges out fellow first-round draft pick Liam Stocker for the final place in the team, while Tom Williamson returns and goes ahead of Liam Jones on the bench to add flexibility to the side's backline. Jack Silvagni, Jarrod Pickett, Tom Bugg and David Cuningham will likely be the first in line for a recall from the reserves.

PRE-SEASON BATTLE: A four-way battle looms for three key position places down back. Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman, Caleb Marchbank and Liam Jones are all flexible intercept players, but may not be able to fit into the same back six. - Riley Beveridge

B: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman
HB: Lochie O'Brien, Caleb Marchbank, Kade Simpson
C: Ed Curnow, Will Setterfield, Marc Murphy
HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Paddy Dow
F: Mitch McGovern, Harry McKay, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
I/C: Matthew Kennedy, Tom Williamson, Dale Thomas, Sam Walsh

Cant expect Marchbank to pick up big key forwards...not big or strong enough, Jones has to play IMO....

Reply #55
Disagree, we get it in enough, just have to clean it up a little. With some genuine quality up fwd (Gov and with the improving H and CC, the goals will come.

Need to improve our contested work, we just dont win enough football when its tough apart from Cripps and Ed Curnow and our entries are poor quality.

Reply #56
Cant expect Marchbank to pick up big key forwards...not big or strong enough, Jones has to play IMO....

Agreed.

People harp on about Jones' perceived weaknesses but never give credit for his strengths....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #57
Interesting to see Gov training with the midfield group, and Setterfield having a run with the forwards. Fasolo has also spent time training with the midfield.

Jones is exclusively training defence so there is no doubt he'll be down back.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
Agreed.

People harp on about Jones' perceived weaknesses but never give credit for his strengths....

True, his best down back is breathtaking, unfortunately his worst is also breathtaking... ????????
I think with a clearly defined role and confidence that others are willing and able to provide the required cover he’ll look good.
Being surrounded by regulars in the backline will help his and the reams cause no end.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #59
True, his best down back is breathtaking, unfortunately his worst is also breathtaking... ????????
I think with a clearly defined role and confidence that others are willing and able to provide the required cover he’ll look good.
Being surrounded by regulars in the backline will help his and the reams cause no end.

Agree. Too often last year Jones was caught in two minds and looked bad. I think it was as much a result of our disorganisation at the back as anything else. If he is given a defined role and the rest of the team perform theirs he'll look a lot better imo.
Reality always wins in the end.