Skip to main content
Topic: womens.afl - Player of the year - 3 way tie (Read 1493 times) previous topic - next topic

womens.afl - Player of the year - 3 way tie

So the AFLW branch of AFL.com.au website (womens.afl) has their own voting system, similar to ours.

They award 3, 2, 1 after each game....although theirs is not club specific.

In any event, they have tallied the results and its come out a 3-way tie and one of those is none other than Maddie Prespakis.

13 – Jasmine Garner (North Melbourne), Karen Paxman (Melbourne), Maddy Prespakis (Carlton)
12 – Kiara Bowers (Fremantle)
11 – Alyce Parker (GWS)
10 – Jaimee Lambert (Collingwood)
6 – Ash Riddell (North Melbourne), Britt Bonnici (Collingwood), Caitlin Greiser (St Kilda), Dana Hooker (West Coast), Ebony Marinoff (Adelaide), Ellie Blackburn (Western Bulldogs), Emily Bates (Brisbane)

Re: womens.afl - Player of the year - 3 way tie

Reply #1
Well done, Maddy P! A great season and a deserving winner. However, where are the rest of us? Harrington, for example...
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Well done, Maddy P! A great season and a deserving winner. However, where are the rest of us? Harrington, for example...

Good question Crash! 

Collingwood and North are the only teams with multiple representatives and I can only think that the evenness of our performances meant that we had lots of players with less than six votes.

Well done Maddy - a most deserved recognition of a great young talent.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Have a look at our own voting system. Its an even mix of our players. Harrington has only polled in 2 games this year i think. Laloifi the same. I think 2 others have polled in 2 games as well. Nobody for us has polled in more than 3 games....and that doesn't take into account the opposition.