Skip to main content
Topic: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday (Read 71257 times) previous topic - next topic

JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday

Our only chance to see the boys before the real stuff begins, we play the 'Aints at Carlton on Wednesday at 1905.

I haven't seen the team sheets yet, but apparently Alex Silvagni is a high probability of playing. A defence with Jones and Silvagni in it has a solid feel about it. Apparently Shaw is getting a chance to see if he can hold Docherty's spot. I am not so confident about that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday

Reply #1
Our only chance to see the boys before the real stuff begins, we play the 'Aints at Carlton on Wednesday at 1905.

I haven't seen the team sheets yet, but apparently Alex Silvagni is a high probability of playing. A defence with Jones and Silvagni in it has a solid feel about it. Apparently Shaw is getting a chance to see if he can hold Docherty's spot. I am not so confident about that.

Thought OShea and Mullett would be well ahead of Shaw who is a ball butcher....I could see Shaw being used a onball tagger as he does have some run in his legs and can lay a tackle but the thought
of him playing on a Robbie Gray or anyone decent close to goal doesnt thrill me....
The fact he is playing though shows he is in consideration for round 1... :o
Agree on ACOS...solid is the word to describe him.......

Reply #2
Thought OShea and Mullett would be well ahead of Shaw who is a ball butcher....I could see Shaw being used a onball tagger as he does have some run in his legs and can lay a tackle but the thought
of him playing on a Robbie Gray or anyone decent close to goal doesnt thrill me....
The fact he is playing though shows he is in consideration for round 1... :o
Agree on ACOS...solid is the word to describe him.......
Would have to second that , Mullet I had in mind to take Doc posi and maybe Oshea , but not Shaw..... seems odd when you have these guys already these .Hope Mullet becomes our surprise packet from the draft

Reply #3
When are the squads announced?

A minute ago it seems! :o

Backs   20. Lachie Plowman   14. Liam Jones   22. Caleb Marchbank
Half-backs   6. Kade Simpson   23. Jacob Weitering   38. Ciaran Byrne
Centreline   18. Aaron Mullett   9. Patrick Cripps   39. Dale Thomas
Half-forwards   28. David Cuningham   30. Charlie Curnow   21. Jarrod Garlett
Forwards   46. Matthew Wright   10. Harry McKay   41. Levi Casboult
Followers   8. Matthew Kreuzer   3. Marc Murphy (C)   2. Paddy Dow

Interchange   13. Jed Lamb   7. Matthew Kennedy   4. Lochie O'Brien
1. Jack Silvagni   5. Sam Petrevski-Seton   33. Jarrod Pickett
35. Ed Curnow   25. Zac Fisher   

Emergencies   27. Matthew Lobbe   31. Tom Williamson   29. Cameron Polson
24. Cam O'Shea   
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Whoever provided Crash with his inside info seems to be somewhat unreliable........ ;)
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #5
Interesting both clubs have named strong squads, could get a little willing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Interesting both clubs have named strong squads, could get a little willing!

the thing that i noticed last year was a very slow start to the year.  the season was over almost as soon as it began.  understandable considering still trying to blood players and get a feel for them i suppose. this time it looks like they want to get cracking from the get-go.  i'm hoping they get off to a good start, even though it is only JLT.  i would almost call that the starting side for round 1.  i hope they pretty much play the side they want to take into R1 in both matches. get them gelling together and cherry ripe for R1.  no more trialing wacky ideas and mucking around.  the boys should be serious right now.

i agreed with gifting games last year, i thought it was a good idea considering so many kids and wanting to get games into them.  now that's done and most of the dead wood are gone,  I say play the best side every week, and play every week like it matters, including JLT.  the boys need to start developing the winning culture as of Wednesday.

Reply #7
When are the squads announced?

A minute ago it seems! :o

Backs   20. Lachie Plowman   14. Liam Jones   22. Caleb Marchbank
Half-backs   6. Kade Simpson   23. Jacob Weitering   38. Ciaran Byrne
Centreline   18. Aaron Mullett   9. Patrick Cripps   39. Dale Thomas
Half-forwards   28. David Cuningham   30. Charlie Curnow   21. Jarrod Garlett
Forwards   46. Matthew Wright   10. Harry McKay   41. Levi Casboult
Followers   8. Matthew Kreuzer   3. Marc Murphy (C)   2. Paddy Dow

Interchange   13. Jed Lamb   7. Matthew Kennedy   4. Lochie O'Brien
1. Jack Silvagni   5. Sam Petrevski-Seton   33. Jarrod Pickett
35. Ed Curnow   25. Zac Fisher   

Emergencies   27. Matthew Lobbe   31. Tom Williamson   29. Cameron Polson
24. Cam O'Shea

Seems we're fair-dinkum. Gotta like that. Bring on Wednesday evening.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
i also like Ciaran Byrne on the back flank.  he's been my Simmo replacement all along (now Doc's replacement for 2018 unfortunately).  he is pretty creative, and has a way of finding a path through the middle of the ground.  just hope no more major injuries and he gets a chance to show what he can do - and that he can step up to being a good, solid, consistent senior player. 

Reply #9
No Tommy W?

I guess they need to trial new guys like Mullet and Garlett. Reckon Garlett will be a gem.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
Don't care about form or result - just no injuries please.

Reply #11
With AFLX shortening the preseason to 2 games most clubs have named their best 22 for this round.

I agree. Our guys need as much time as possible playing with each other.

Good to see Mullet getting first crack at it.

Reply #12
Hmm no Darcy Lang...

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
Classy half-forward Jack Billings and key forward Josh Bruce are the only regulars from last season who weren’t included in the 30-man squad on Monday, with Billings recovering from a minor hamstring strain and Bruce building his match fitness following a knee arthroscope.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-02-26/jlt1-saints-name-near-fullstrength-squad
Finals, then 4 in a row!