Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 18 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 5043 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 18 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #105
Bad in that we won't get an assessment against one of the best.

If we win I will absolutely rate it. There is only 3 of the seven that are not omitted. So the rest are changes they decided to make.
We lost Kennedy so they are only 2 changes worse than us.

I’m not sure if what I just posted made any sense 😂

What im trying it say is losing 2-3 good players out of 21 doesn’t bring you down as much as fans think. All teams get injuries and the best teams like port and pies handle them very well. You don’t win 12 in a row without being a very strong even team

They will still be very hard to beat and should still be warm favourites.

Reply #106
Presumably Marchbank on standby for McGovern?

If they wanna rest blokes, so be it. But this is a big chance for us this weekend......with West Coast next weekend also in Melbourne. Could have us right on the edge of the 8.
🤦🏻
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107
If we win I will absolutely rate it. There is only 3 of the seven that are not omitted. So the rest are changes they decided to make.

What im trying it say is losing 2-3 good players out of 21 doesn’t bring you down as much as fans think. All teams get injuries and the best teams like port and pies handle them very well. You don’t win 12 in a row without being a very strong even team

Yep. I get it.
The headline worked on me - took me back a bit.
I don't think we're favourites to win this one either. I take the odds thing with a grain of salt.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #108
Yep. I get it.
I don't think we're favourites to win this one either. I take the odds thing with a grain of salt.

Yep me too.  If we play our best we will get it done I reckon. If you do and then beat WC we will go into pies game with 5 in a row.
Imagine how big that game will be.
Yeah I know one week at a time 😉

Reply #109
Yep. I get it.
Odds are odds

Saturday, 15 Jul 16:35

Head to Head
Carlton 1.84
Port Adelaide 1.96

Line
(-1.5) Carlton  1.90
(+1.5) Port Adelaide 1.90

Total Game Points - Over/Under

Carlton 1.88 Over (+166.5)
Port Adelaide 1.88 Under (+166.5)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #110
Kornes, this morning said that Carlton should win because of the Port outs and it is under the roof at Marvel. Protecting his beloved Port.

Reply #111
Kornes, this morning said that Carlton should win because of the Port outs and it is under the roof at Marvel. Protecting his beloved Port.

I have tipped us. 👍
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #112
There wouldn't be many times when the eleventh placed team is favourite to win over the second placed team.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #113
There wouldn't be many times when the eleventh placed team is favourite to win over the second placed team.

We have been thr bookies favourite in a lot of games this year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #114
Rumours Lycett won't get up and Duursma also has to pass a fitness test.They still have a decent team and I'd have it as 50/50...

Reply #115

That makes perfect sense  :)

I suspect that Dixon and Horne-Francis would be in the 22 if they were playing Collingwood in Adelaide.  Perhaps they've committed the cardinal sin of taking the opposition too lightly.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #116

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/13/why-there-is-no-excuse-for-blues-not-to-topple-banged-up-power-at-marvel/?fbclid=IwAR33goatJeobcIkZunnC_qXDNlLS_t_zVdaGiX91uayHbiVUhT5XPeqkqHI_aem_AefqspRHmrS841g0j6LvLSE_g5znuXZPfr67kbgwvX9gLt-N2-raS58RKDEF6hk46n4

According to this week’s AFL injury update, Port has five injured players to our ten … but why let the facts get in the way of a good yarn Kane?

Reply #117
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/13/why-there-is-no-excuse-for-blues-not-to-topple-banged-up-power-at-marvel/?fbclid=IwAR33goatJeobcIkZunnC_qXDNlLS_t_zVdaGiX91uayHbiVUhT5XPeqkqHI_aem_AefqspRHmrS841g0j6LvLSE_g5znuXZPfr67kbgwvX9gLt-N2-raS58RKDEF6hk46n4

According to this week’s AFL injury update, Port has five injured players to our ten … but why let the facts get in the way of a good yarn Kane?
Indeed. Cornes rarely lets the truth get in the way of one of his moronic statements.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #118
Any news as to whether McGovern is going to play? We are better with him, even with Port's stupidity.
Marchbank - I'm not sure I would want to depend on him. Not that he's a bad player, quite the opposite, but I would worry about his match fitness.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #119
McGovern has to undergo a light fitness test to be able to play today. Voss seems to think he will pull through.