Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 22 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 5598 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 22 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #60
Oliver will play. Petty out for the season.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #61
No it doesn't how do you know the 18 less ruck contests were definitely not going to go to Advantage.

How do we know TDK wouldn't stop Marshall from kicking goals on him? Rucks go forward kick goals and defend.

Gawn, Marshall, English, Nankervis, Witts, Obrien, Jackson list goes on. Just have to defend and hit the scoreboard in AFL.

He knows everything mate!

Reply #62
I've summarised parts of it already. Its there for all to see on the AFL stats.

The TDK boosters always point to Pittonets shortcomings after the ruck contest, which is fair, but at the same time fail to acknowledge that TDKs numbers after the contest are nothing to write home about either.
About a month ago, TDK averaged 1 more disposal a game, and played 8% more game time. They were essentially averaging the same around the ground.

TDK gets more ball forward so his stats are a bit more skewed to marks on lead, inside 50's etc, but they are far from spectacular.

....which is why i continually bring up the fact that we can't carry 2 rucks who don't do enough around the ground.

Pittonet gets our mids first use 10% of the time more than TDK.

So the king of stats all of sudden doesn't want to show stats!! I wonder why..... LOL

That says it all.

End of story

Reply #63
No it doesn't how do you know the 18 less ruck contests were definitely not going to go to Advantage.

How do we know TDK wouldn't stop Marshall from kicking goals on him? Rucks go forward kick goals and defend.

Gawn, Marshall, English, Nankervis, Witts, Obrien, Jackson list goes on. Just have to defend and hit the scoreboard in AFL.

OK, you've demonstrated, twice, that you don't understand %'s and anything i've written.

I'm done trying to educate you.

Reply #64
So the king of stats all of sudden doesn't want to show stats!! I wonder why..... LOL

That says it all.

End of story

This reply says it all.

How many times do i need to show stats? Any danger you could read them??

Your mate has already proven that he doesn't understand them. You can't find them.

...and i'm the problem?  ::)

Reply #65
I can't believe we are still discussing this whilst Harry and jsos are both unavailable.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #66
I can't believe we are still discussing this whilst Harry and jsos are both unavailable.

I don't know either.

Reply #67
This reply says it all.

How many times do i need to show stats? Any danger you could read them??

Your mate has already proven that he doesn't understand them. You can't find them.

...and i'm the problem?  ::)

Spin spin spin. Why don’t you want to list them - you love posting never ending posts and now all of a sudden you can’t be bothered. Lol

Pit is a back up to TDK and that’s all he will ever be and the market interest and offers fielded supported that.

We get it you think he is under valued and that’s fine we all have players we like more then others for whatever reason but try and stop making out like everyone on here is a goose cause they don’t buy your way of looking at it.
Good night

Reply #68
Spin spin spin. Why don’t you want to list them - you love posting never ending posts and now all of a sudden you can’t be bothered. Lol

Pit is a back up to TDK and that’s all he will ever be and the market interest and offers fielded supported that.

We get it you think he is under valued and that’s fine we all have players we like more then others for whatever reason but try and stop making out like everyone on here is a goose cause they don’t buy your way of looking at it.
Good night

You can have an opinion. Yours if different to mine. These forums are for that very reason.

If you want to have a reasoned debate, be my guest.

But i am not here to dance for you, and i'm not interested in posts that say little more than...."My faVor1te is BeTr cuz I sez So"

You don't have to buy my way of looking at it.
But when people can't understand basic mathematics and try and debate, then sorry, but they are a goose.
I don't make up the stats. The stats are there for all to see. I've provided some on multiple occassions throughout this thread and nobody else has bothered.....apart from 1 effort which didn't actually understand what they were posting because its not what they thought.

So good night indeed.

Reply #69
Here we go...

AFL
https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/4959#player-stats

click on the 'advanced' stats for things like score involvement, inside 50s, disposal efficiency

AFL TABLES

https://www.afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2023/031520230806.html

FOOTYWIRE COMPARISON

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=4&playerStatus2=A&tid2=4&type=A&pid1=6504&pid2=4077&fid1=S&fid2=S

PITTONET-PROFILE

https://www.afl.com.au/stats/players?playerId=CD_I298290

DE KONING PROFILE

https://www.afl.com.au/stats/players?playerId=CD_I1004912

Reply #70
Here we go...

AFL
https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/4959#player-stats

click on the 'advanced' stats for things like score involvement, inside 50s, disposal efficiency

If you wanna know how i get my stats, its from the above.

Click on the my stats tab and include whatever you want. I include a range of things, but ruck contests and hitouts to advantage are on there and thats how i work out the RC-HTA% for each game.

Reply #71
TDK and Pitto have played the same amount of games but TDK has had roughly 50% more tackles and 30% more possessions

TDK is getting to the ball more often (Football IQ) and having a greater impact. Pitto right now the way he is playing is a crab and belongs in the back up crew with Fisher, Dow and some others...and should be nothing wrong with that.

Reply #72
Also for people who believe in omens, I left Melbourne on June 17 (the day before the Gold Coast game) and am currently sitting in an airport on our way home from Europe. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #73
Also for people who believe in omens, I left Melbourne on June 17 (the day before the Gold Coast game) and am currently sitting in an airport on our way home from Europe. 
Do you think you could extend your holiday by another 8 weeks?   :D

Do it for the team!
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #74

I haven't trimmed my beard since the 16th June. I normally keep it to a 1 to 2 week growth but when we won 2 in a row I thought I might be onto something.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!