Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Practice Match: Northern Blues vs Werribee on Sunday at Arden Street (Read 4713 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Practice Match: Northern Blues vs Werribee on Sunday at Arden Street

As the VFL state game is on this weekend, the teams have a bye. However, as the Blues also have a bye NEXT week, the Blues and Werribee got together and organized a practice match On Sunday, starting at 1000 at Arden St.
Teams have not been announced as yet.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Practice Match: Northern Blues vs Werribee on Sunday at Arden Street

Reply #1
Still no information about who will line up on Sunday morning.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2

3 points the difference in the 2nd quarter.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Werribee won 87-72

GOALS: McKay 3, Gallucci 3, Kerridge 2, Boekhorst, Kerr, Payne.

DISPOSALS: Kerridge 35, Boekhorst 25, Lamb 18, Palmer 15, Sheehan 15, Kerr 15.

Reply #4
Boekhorst going ok. Great to see McKay get a few goals. Hopefully they weren't all joe the gooses.

Reply #5
Boekhorst going ok. Great to see McKay get a few goals. Hopefully they weren't all joe the gooses.

No he was good.
A few more possessions would have been nice but he was classy

Reply #6
WAFL beat the VFL easily in the state game.....Cam OShea got a bit of footy but he had plenty of opportunities given the amount of ball that when down back.
Saunders the WAFL Full Forward slaughtered the VFL backs and probably should have kicked 12, bit undersized KP wise for AFL footy but is a strong unit who marks the footy well...Tom OSullivan the Port midfielder was seen as BOG...I didnt agree..

Reply #7
Would love Saunders up forward. Just has remarkable presence and can take a fine contested mark...

only 187cm but how tall were the key forwards for the Doggies in the GF last year....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
WAFL beat the VFL easily in the state game.....Cam OShea got a bit of footy but he had plenty of opportunities given the amount of ball that when down back.
Saunders the WAFL Full Forward slaughtered the VFL backs and probably should have kicked 12, bit undersized KP wise for AFL footy but is a strong unit who marks the footy well...Tom OSullivan the Port midfielder was seen as BOG...I didnt agree..

Did you watch it EB?

What did you think of Kody Manning?. plays as a medium forward for West Perth but played as a BP/HBF in the state game and looked pretty good in the half I watched. Hard at it. Think Dennis Armfield but with real footballing nous and skills. Bit slower than Dennis, but who isn't. Probably a bit old for us but better than quite a few of the numpties on lists at the moment.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #9
Did you watch it EB?

What did you think of Kody Manning?. plays as a medium forward for West Perth but played as a BP/HBF in the state game and looked pretty good in the half I watched. Hard at it. Think Dennis Armfield but with real footballing nous and skills. Bit slower than Dennis, but who isn't. Probably a bit old for us but better than quite a few of the numpties on lists at the moment.

I called for Manning to be drafted 2 years ago.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #10
Did you watch it EB?

Remember a bit of Manning, tackles well and does have that Armfield theme to his play but as you say is a bit more smooth than Denis...reckon he is more AFL ready than say Boekhorst who isnt physical enough...

Reply #11
I called for Manning to be drafted 2 years ago.

You're a fair way in front of me then.

I only saw him as a bit of a highlights player but he had a few moments in the state game playing HBF where he looked very good. Had one bit were he smashed into the Vic player (in a pack)  took the ball off him, ran off handballed to another WA player , ran past received the handball and delivered a lace out pass to the forward through traffic.

I haven't seen Boek (or bugger all players for that matter) do that kind of thing. It was the physical attack that won it but the polish after was terrific.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #12
You're a fair way in front of me then.

I only saw him as a bit of a highlights player but he had a few moments in the state game playing HBF where he looked very good. Had one bit were he smashed into the Vic player (in a pack)  took the ball off him, ran off handballed to another WA player , ran past received the handball and delivered a lace out pass to the forward through traffic.

I haven't seen Boek (or bugger all players for that matter) do that kind of thing. It was the physical attack that won it but the polish after was terrific.

Surprised Freo or WC have not looked at him closer, not sure SOS would take an unproven 27(2018) year old  player on but I think he could make a handy rookie for a club...
Ben Saunders at 26 would interest me...looks like he could handle the AFL and seems to be able to lead well and take strong marks one on one....Not true KP but more of that Jack Darling, Jake Stringer type of sized player who would play 3rd tall forward. Be a good player to have as a rookie while Kerr. McKay Jack and Ben Silvagni develop.....
Shane Nelson played well for the WAFL and has been unlucky not to be rookied over the years, probably too late now but I'd love to know why clubs have passed on him given the consistency he has showed....maybe his small frame is the only reason.

Reply #13
Surprised Freo or WC have not looked at him closer, not sure SOS would take an unproven 27(2018) year old  player on but I think he could make a handy rookie for a club...
Ben Saunders at 26 would interest me...looks like he could handle the AFL and seems to be able to lead well and take strong marks one on one....Not true KP but more of that Jack Darling, Jake Stringer type of sized player who would play 3rd tall forward. Be a good player to have as a rookie while Kerr. McKay Jack and Ben Silvagni develop.....
Shane Nelson played well for the WAFL and has been unlucky not to be rookied over the years, probably too late now but I'd love to know why clubs have passed on him given the consistency he has showed....maybe his small frame is the only reason.

Definitely too old for us.

But he'd fill a spot on someone's list , even as a rookie, if they were light on in his position.

Nelson gets Mitchell type stats every week. I'd have him as having more AFL qualities than Kerridge but just lacks a bit of size .

Reply #14
Just watched the VFL game highlights on the CFC website. Two things stood out from this minuscule sample... how often Le Bois figured in pressuring and linking and the bloody awful music backing. ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17