Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 10269 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 10 Green Shoot of the Week

10 youngsters in a team that was 40+ points down at one stage but came back and hit the lead.

I'm sure there were plenty of green shoots in the disappointing wash-up.

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face.

Re: Round 10 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #1
we kicked 15 goals
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #3
After being 7 goals down, the fact that the coaches and players were able to adjust, change things up, and get us right back in the contest, meaning we dominated and outscored them for 2 1/2 quarters. Not sure that would've happened in recent times past.

Reply #4
Cunningham is my green shoot this week , competed well including 2nd efforts and a couple of goals were some nice reward for his efforts...

Reply #5
I thought that when we were 43 pts down.... it was C Curnow who stood up and single handedly started the fightback.
Is getting better week by week. In a game where our senior players will be all the rage with regards to the votes..... it was C Curnow who imo stopped the rot and started the ball rolling in our favour.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #6
David Cuningham for me.  He really looked like he belonged out there and was composed with the ball in his hands.  His first goal at AFL level was a ripper and he followed it up with another  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
I thought that when we were 43 pts down.... it was C Curnow who stood up and single handedly started the fightback.
Is getting better week by week. In a game where our senior players will be all the rage with regards to the votes..... it was C Curnow who imo stopped the rot and started the ball rolling in our favour.

When he puts on a bit more muscle look out... he could be anything this kid... I'm liking him a lot.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #8

One of Charlies best games I agree and he is an exciting player for the future, in the end, went for DC as he is a greener shoot than CC IMO.. I think I already view CC as a established player and expect a bit more from him than the other kids which is probably being unfair..

Reply #9
Cuningham.

The best game he's played for us. And I reckon there's a lot more to come.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #10
Charlie Curnow by a country mile. When hardness and intensity were required it was Charlie (along with Gibbs and Kreuz who led the way (supported by strong efforts from defense)).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
SOJ having the strength, confidence, and arrogance to fight off a Zeibell tackle (near the boundary, can't recall which q).
Onya Jack. That's the spirit son ;D
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #12
I liked Cunningham, loved that he backed himself and went for it

Reply #13
95 tackles
Won the clearances, and hard ball gets. Gutsy.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #14
Didnt realise how much zip DC has, played well today. Was my green shoot, CC is a sapling already, he'll be an oak tree by this time next year if he keeps going like this.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time