Skip to main content
Topic: KAYO (Read 17429 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: KAYO

Reply #75
No matter what I did last year I was always behind my mate's broadcast. I had to tell him to stop texting me.
Kayo is always in some delay to Foxtel or any other broadcast, it takes the Foxtel and other feeds and has to be re-compressed into a multiple resolution streams before it gets re-broadcast because they can't use the same compression as DTV or Foxtel boxes. It doesn't happen in parallel.

The compression algorithms are also patented and licensed, like many digital media codecs, which is another reason they do not all use the same, they are protecting their own content and IP.

Really, the way is because it is no difference to hearing the delay/echo between two TV's playing the same show, one in HD and one in SD, just the effect is bigger. Sometimes the difference between SD and HD timing can be as much as a couple of seconds.

The people posting that Kayo viewers should have no delay either do not know what they are talking about, or are just lying for whatever private reason they have.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
The people posting that Kayo viewers should have no delay either do not know what they are talking about, or are just lying for whatever private reason they have.

I counted tonight and there was a 7 second delay.

Still have no idea where people are getting 2 minutes from. Seems like user error to me.

Reply #77

Still have no idea where people are getting 2 minutes from. Seems like user error to me.
 That'll be the very best you can expect to get, subject to the stream you choose to run.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78

It was 7-10 seconds tonight.
You may have been correct about the “watch from start” “watch live” option...
I watched the entire pre match (rd1) from start... I assumed that it would prompt to go live for the game following, it didn’t...
Tonight I missed the first 5 mins, started up the app and hit the “watch live” button.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #79
Those of you using Kayo in a PC web browser might notice that at times the stream quality seems pretty ordinary.

I've used Kayo via AppleTV Kayo App for years and had no problems, but I've noticed that in PC based web browsers the quality is often pretty poor.

A mate was telling me the problem is the browsers settings can default to "Up to HD", but if you go to the settings and change the Quality Option to "Up to SD" weirdly you might find the quality of the average stream improves significantly, it worked for me.
The Force Awakens!