Skip to main content
Topic: RIP Bart Cummings (Read 4660 times) previous topic - next topic

RIP Bart Cummings

This slipped by quietly. Most successful person in one of our biggest sporting events.

I'll remember his famous reply to the question "How much will it cost to train my horse?"
"$250 per day, $500 if you want to talk to me about it"

Re: RIP Bart Cummings

Reply #1
That was his second most famous reply.

The first was when they were gunning for him. They sent in a  health inspector one day and he told him that he had too many flies at the stables.  His reply was something alone the lines of "So how many am I allowed to have?"

Reply #2
One of the best quotes ever came from Bart when he was first started out training at Glenelg and a health inspector went to his stables and informed Bart he had too many flies in his stables, Bart's reply was how many am i supposed to have? ;D

Reply #3

The first was when they were gunning for him. They sent in a  health inspector one day and he told him that he had too many flies at the stables.  His reply was something alone the lines of "So how many am I allowed to have?"

Damn beat me to it (bloody phone)

Reply #4
sorry McFly. I can delete my post if you so desire

Reply #6
"Can it run the distance though Bart?"

"They can all run the distance, some just faster than others."
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7

I heard this comment today and thought it was a beauty. RIP to the most famous man in the industry for this country.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #8
12 cups is insane when you stop to think about it. We all get gooey about the 400 club but 12 cups is like 2000 games. It will never be challenged ever!!!

A great man Bart and the carnival shall be forever linked to the legend of Bart Cummings.
IN WADA WE TRUST