Shaun Marsh - a ton.

Super effort.

kudos....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: Shaun Marsh - a ton.

Reply #1
Super effort.

kudos....

Yes, Shaun doesn't get much love but that was a fine ton, particularly in the context of the match and series.  His batting in the first test was good too.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
Interesting that his Dad only averaged 33.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #3
Looks like selectors got it right.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
Tim Paine batted well too!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
And Pat Cummins!  8)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7
When the quickest bowler is the uninspiring Chris Woakes and you have the third seamer bowling at 123kmh it devalues that innings to about 30 runs in value.....
Englands attack is the worst I have seen since Phil Defreitas and Derek Pringle opened the bowling.....
Lyons hooked six gave you an indication how threatening their attack was....

Reply #8
At least three of our batsmen got themselves out with shots that could only be described as boredom shots.

4 right arm medium fast bowlers -  pretty straight up and down stuff, no variation.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9
Bowling in the high 120s, low 130s is a joke at Test level.... but the pitch as tricky...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
Super effort.

kudos....

Yes. X2.

I was one of the knockers, but he has batted very well in both tests so far.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #11
When the quickest bowler is the uninspiring Chris Woakes and you have the third seamer bowling at 123kmh it devalues that innings to about 30 runs in value.....
Englands attack is the worst I have seen since Phil Defreitas and Derek Pringle opened the bowling.....
Lyons hooked six gave you an indication how threatening their attack was....

They've got two bowlers who have 800 wickets between them......One of them almost single-handed bowled us out for 60.

.....whether these two are vastly overrated, and only good on doctored green tops with a duke ball is another discussion all-together :-)

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #12
They've got two bowlers who have 800 wickets between them......One of them almost single-handed bowled us out for 60.

.....whether these two are vastly overrated, and only good on doctored green tops with a duke ball is another discussion all-together :-)

Anderson is now 35....and was never quick.

Would love to see his stats in England vs stats away from England....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13

Fair point Mal.....but.....Anderson is barely going at 130kmh and his record in Australia is poor in fact his record outside of England is poor, no duke ball, no heavy swinging conditions then its no Anderson.

Broad I really rate, good cricketer, combative but he isnt a spearhead anymore and barely gets above 135kmh, still a wily cunning operator but he
wont be bowling teams out like he did.

Craig Overton is competitive and both him and his twin Jaime are a pair of nutters but Craig only bowls around 130kmh and even gets down to the low 120's.....no seam much in Aus and
he lacks the intimidation factor for such a giant. His brother actually bowls at 150kmh and would have been more useful....

Woakes is another Anderson, swings the ball in England but away from home is just another straight up and down sub 140kmh one day bowler who can get cant life out of dead wickets...

England produce all these 6' 6" bowler's who bowl max 135kmh.....ie Ball is another, they had some Irish giant last time who was the same........doesnt work in Australia....

David Willey the English left arm swing bowler who plays big bash for Perth is a better bowler than these blokes

Reply #14
The 130 kph is nothing to sneeze at;

Glenn McGrath averaged in the mid to low 130s.
Terry Aldermann rarely got over the mid to low 130s.
Max Walker and Gary Gilmore were 130s bowlers.

I'm not sure that the difference between 130 and 140 is as much influence as what you do to vary the pace or bounce. I concede that guys who can regularly exceed 150 kph are a different issue altogether, but they are exceedingly rare.

I thought Marsh's ton was good, but I've had the impression that England's plan for the day night test was a draw, they look like they have been playing for it from the 1st ball, they look flat and disinterested. Makes me think this test isn't really offering much to go by in terms of performance or form. It's was probably a tactical mistake from England, because this year the Adelaide pitch is possibly the one that suits them best.

For England in my opinion this is a pretty crappy Ashes tour to be on, too many games in too short of a period. The ICC is responsible for these stupid schedules, they seem hell bent on giving the minnows an opportunity to grow at the expense of the traditional rivals. I believe the schedule is to get thinned down in the future, I hope so, I want to see the pinnacle of cricket in Ashes tests. At the moment it feels like the tests have become second fiddle to the IPL and Big Bash.
The Force Awakens!