Skip to main content
Topic: Shaun Marsh - a ton. (Read 17004 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shaun Marsh - a ton.

Reply #30
Smith....if the umpire gives it out then it only has to hit the stumps on the review, even with a faint clip....
Warner got a good one from Woakes second time around but the first one he played a poor shot......the responsible Warner isnt working, we need him to be the cavalier Warner where he goes after the bowling...

The umpiring this test has been appalling...they continue to fire out LBWs despite DRS showing the bounce taking the ball over the stumps more often than not.  They haven't been able to adapt their decision making to the pitch.....mind you I've never had much of an opinion of Aleem Dar as an umpire.  Why can't Australian umpires umpire home series now we've got DRS ? We're missing out on some of the best umpires in the world because of this.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #31
The umpiring this test has been appalling...they continue to fire out LBWs despite DRS showing the bounce taking the ball over the stumps more often than not.  They haven't been able to adapt their decision making to the pitch.....mind you I've never had much of an opinion of Aleem Dar as an umpire.  Why can't Australian umpires umpire home series now we've got DRS ? We're missing out on some of the best umpires in the world because of this.

Agree...the old batsmen gets the benefit of the doubt theory is long gone, my issue is how accurate is that ball tracker that determines height, decisions where the ball just clips the top of the stumps
should be not out IMO...batsman should get the benefit of the doubt in that case..
Its interesting that Smith was given not out LBW when the ball was judged to be pitching outside leg when a portion of the ball was seen inline but the majority of the ball was out however a batsman can be out when only part of the ball clips the stumps in a normal review where the ball pitches inline.

The full ball should have to be inline and contacting  the stumps IMO...

Reply #32

The DRS sows seeds of doubt, which only makes the umpires worse because they lose confidence, so they make decisions that they know DRS can fix.

You can bet that within a few years they will no longer signal decisions, they will just stand there deciding whether or not something should be referred to the DRS. Eventually a referral to DRS will become a real-time vote between the two field umpires and 3rd umpire.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
the umpires decisions were fine, every commentator thought those lbs were out. As I did.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34
Australia all out 138.  ::) ::)

353 to win....  :o
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #35
It will be enough.

Reply #37
Even a win won't excuse the failure to enforce the follow-on......

I don’t think we ever enforce the follow on anymore? Does anyone?

The team that bats controls the game... unless you get rolled for 138!

Still think it will be enough... although if the poms are 0 for 150 at stumps it will be a nervous day tomorrow.

Reply #38
Well, they’ve been bowling Pies since the dinner break, could be over tonight at this rate....I look at Stark sometimes and he just ambles up, no effort, line all over the place and I just scratch my head... :o  :o...have a crack will ya?

Reply #39
That ball tracking thing is BS. Root was out. he was playing back and hit on his rear pad yet the tracking says that ball was rising from the popping crease.

Didn't resemble what Lyon's ball did in the slightest.

At least Marsh and Paine were on the popping crease.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #40
Aussies all out of reviews in 2 overs...well done boys :D

Reply #41
the 2nd one was dumb as....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #42
Ducking bats need to take a long hard look at themselves, pathetic today.

I'm a Handscombe fan but he has to go and rediscover whatever technique he had.  He's a walking wicket ATM.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #43
Even a win won't excuse the failure to enforce the follow-on......

I tend to agree FB.  Not enforcing the follow on is captaincy by numbers and it's let the Poms back into a game that should have been well beyond them.

Smith is sooking now and it's not a good look for the Aussie captain.

This was the test that most favoured the Poms and we should have kept our foot firmly on their throat.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #44
Quote from: DJC
Smith is sooking now and it's not a good look for the Aussie captain.

There's a touch of Brendon Goddard about Smith - doesn't take much for the bottom lip to start quivering.