Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 433743 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1920
And, for a considered assessment:
Yes, in the context that 96.2% sounds small but in evolutionary terms it is hugely different, more difference than exists between a human and a cheetah,

The main driver is that at some recent time SARS-CoV-2 it became zoonotic, and the most likely mechanism is wet markets as has been the case with any number of recent novel virus. They detect many but of course most are not harmful, it's the right combination of features that turn them deadly.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1921
^^

So no chance someone identified the virus and then tried to weaponise it and stuffed up?

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1922
I underwent NBC warfare training when I was a young bloke and I can’t really see how COVID could be effective for military purposes.  Yes, it would over-extend ICUs, but it would do so indiscriminately and only as long as as there wasn’t a vaccine.

There are so many more effective ways to gain a military advantage that it’s hard to see why anyone would bother trying to manipulate a virus.
CoVid has made a nice mess of the USA, the USA has 5 times the military capabilities of China, more money and the Chinese need an edge.

Reply #1923
^^
So no chance someone identified the virus and then tried to weaponise it and stuffed up?
Of course it's possible, but you have to play the percentages to be taken seriously, it's far more likely or perhaps even inevitable given it's happened before that you'd end up with a disease like this naturally than engineered and released by an accident.

China's primary guilt in this issue is wilful negligence, we shouldn't let them avoid that responsibility by focussing on a spy fantasy. Xi wants western media to spend all it's time on conspiracy theories while they continue to build artificial islands in the sea and claim foreign soils as their own.

Generally the cloak and dagger stuff is way over-stated, Occam's razor should be applied.

I underwent NBC warfare training when I was a young bloke and I can’t really see how COVID could be effective for military purposes.  Yes, it would over-extend ICUs, but it would do so indiscriminately and only as long as as there wasn’t a vaccine.

There are so many more effective ways to gain a military advantage that it’s hard to see why anyone would bother trying to manipulate a virus.
Yes, a weapon is next to useless if when you pull the trigger it's a 50/50 outcome on it exploding in your face! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1924
Of course it's possible, but you have to play the percentages to be taken seriously, it's far more likely or perhaps even inevitable given it's happened before that you'd end up with a disease like this naturally than engineered and released by an accident.

China's primary guilt in this issue is wilful negligence, we shouldn't let them avoid that responsibility by focussing on a spy fantasy. Xi wants western media to spend all it's time on conspiracy theories while they continue to build artificial islands in the sea and claim foreign soils as their own.

Generally the cloak and dagger stuff is way over-stated, Occam's razor should be applied.
Yes, a weapon is next to useless if when you pull the trigger it's a 50/50 outcome on it exploding in your face! ;D
I'd suggest the Chinese and their Russian neighbors have quite a few items exploding in their face on a regular basis given their
attitudes to health, safety and quality control.
Their Covid vaccine is also questionable, think they have been giving it away to minor or poorer nations...

Reply #1925
Their Covid vaccine is also questionable, think they have been giving it away to minor or poorer nations...
Doubt that is true, both those nations use access to stuff like that as leverage to win commercial contracts, there will be a hook that probably adds a new wing to Putin's Palace and a bonus to Xi's retirement fund!

I've always surprised by the west's obsession with Putin and Xi, in particular the western media's hell bent focus on bringing them to account. Putin and Xi are not the problem, they are the elite of the elite, the real problem is that the illiterate downtrodden majority in those countries treat blokes like that as demigods. Raise the literacy and expose the fraud to the downtrodden and they will rise up and rattle the cages of those trouble makers, leaving them too busy dealing with their backyard to bother anybody.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1926
^^

I posted a link last year with an interview from a guy who literally wrote the book about how a virus could do the damage that has been caused and where it would most likely come from....and it was China.

This book was out like 10 years ago or something.

Sure, military could have done something, but reading the tea leaves, this was always going to occur naturally.

Reply #1927
Doubt that is true, both those nations use access to stuff like that as leverage to win commercial contracts, there will be a hook that probably adds a new wing to Putin's Palace and a bonus to Xi's retirement fund!

I've always surprised by the west's obsession with Putin and Xi, in particular the western media's hell bent focus on bringing them to account. Putin and Xi are not the problem, they are the elite of the elite, the real problem is that the illiterate downtrodden majority in those countries treat blokes like that as demigods. Raise the literacy and expose the fraud to the downtrodden and they will rise up and rattle the cages of those trouble makers, leaving them too busy dealing with their backyard to bother anybody.
Not correct, Brazil have already indicated the Chinese vaccine isnt effective as the Chinese claims, Russians are not illiterate, in fact their literacy rate is about 99% and are close to No 1 in the world with the highest level of tertiary education. Forget about Olga working in the fields all day and knocking out tank parts in the evening for a few rubels and bowl of beetroot soup.
China have a literacy rate of around 96%...
Brazil are claiming the Chinese vaccine they received is only 50% effective, its old technology and the Chinese are knocking it out in big numbers because its easy to make and store. Its been described in an analogy as a Model T Ford vaccine vs the Moderna and Pfizer offerings which were described as Tesla's in comparison.....
Both China and Russia are top 5 for military spending, thats how they rule, by force, good luck rattling cages in either country as those missing Doctors in Wuhan can tell you....

Reply #1928
Not correct, Brazil have already indicated the Chinese vaccine isnt effective as the Chinese claims, Russians are not illiterate, in fact their literacy rate is about 99% and are close to No 1 in the world with the highest level of tertiary education. Forget about Olga working in the fields in the day and knocking out tank parts in the evening for a few rubels and bowl of beetroot soup.
Brazil are claiming the Chinese vaccine they received is only 50% effective, its old technology and the Chinese are knocking it out in big numbers because its easy to make and store.
Its been described in an analogy as a Model T Ford vaccine vs the Moderna and Pfizer offerings which were described as Tesla's in comparison.....

So, China developed a biological weapon for which they have a vaccine that is only 50% effective.  Western nations have vaccines that are at least 90% effective ... That went well!  :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1929
So, China developed a biological weapon for which they have a vaccine that is only 50% effective.  Western nations have vaccines that are at least 90% effective ... That went well!  :o
Mass produced....poor quality....thats so Chinese.....I guess you will be passing on the Pfizer and getting that Chinese jab instead?😜😊 I dont think so...

Reply #1931
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55212787

Dated 14th January.
Yeah nah thanks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1932
Not correct, Brazil have already indicated the Chinese vaccine isnt effective as the Chinese claims, Russians are not illiterate, in fact their literacy rate is about 99% and are close to No 1 in the world with the highest level of tertiary education. Forget about Olga working in the fields all day and knocking out tank parts in the evening for a few rubels and bowl of beetroot soup.
Brazil are claiming the Chinese vaccine they received is only 50% effective, its old technology and the Chinese are knocking it out in big numbers because its easy to make and store. Its been described in an analogy as a Model T Ford vaccine vs the Moderna and Pfizer offerings which were described as Tesla's in comparison.....
Both China and Russia are top 5 for military spending, thats how they rule, by force, good luck rattling cages in either country as those missing Doctors in Wuhan can tell you....
My reference to the illiterate downtrodden was more metaphorical than objective, a commentary on worldliness, populations of apparatchiks who do not know they are because they have zero frame of reference. Sorry if I offended anyone.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1933
My reference to the illiterate downtrodden was more metaphorical than objective, a commentary on worldliness, populations of apparatchiks who do not know they are because they have zero frame of reference. Sorry if I offended anyone.
No Probs LP, I was just pointing out its a bit of a common misconception about countries like Russia and China that they are stuck being in the dark ages. The politics is old school but the lifestyles for many are not too different to ours.

Reply #1934
No Probs LP, I was just pointing out its a bit of a common misconception about countries like Russia and China that they are stuck being in the dark ages. The politics is old school but the lifestyles for many are not too different to ours.
Yes, probably as accused by middle America, not sure what to make of that! :o
The Force Awakens!