Skip to main content
Topic: The Ashes - Second Test @ Lords  (Read 29338 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Ashes - Second Test @ Lords

Reply #45
M Clarke.

Worst decision ever was to tell this guy 4 years before he got the gig that he would be skipper.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #47
We took two wickets in a whole day's play, that is appallingly bad !!!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #48
I've pretty much given up and lost all interest in the Ashes already, I'm out...
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #49
The poms bat for a day and lose 2 wickets, we bat for less than a session and lose two wickets ??

Fair dinkum, have any of our players got a backbone ??

Hughes has gone for a review when he is plumb !!!!! He's reviewed both decisions and been out both times, what a friggen' plonker !!

Reply #50
What is Clarke doing running down the pitch to Swann ?? Let it come to you, make Swann change his line, flight & length !!!

Reply #51
Just had one of the guys from my cricket club put this on my Facebook page :

Can you explain to those muppets (Hughes in particular) that the DRS is not a Mulligan, this is The Ashes, not backyard cricket.

Don't think you could sum it up any better actually.

Reply #52
Clarke another soft dismissal when needed to stand up.

They put a leg slip in Clarke you useless piece of SH1T!!

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #53
Clarke another soft dismissal when needed to stand up.

They put a leg slip in Clarke you useless piece of SH1T!!

Talk about falling for the trap, and it was so obvious too. Root was bowling offies from around the wicket and pitching outside leg stump, it was dumb what Clarke did !!

Reply #54
And now Khawaja is gone too, this is going to be a massive defeat, we won't score 200 in both innings of the match.

Reply #55
Smith goes the tonk and gets an inside nick, its six down, we are minutes from tea and he tries to belt the cover off it. Another who shouldn't be playing Test cricket !!

Reply #56
Joe Root getting it to turn square out of the footmarks to the lefties.

It was probably the right thing to do to drop Starc, but not selecting him means that our left arm orthodox spinner doesn't get any foot marks to bowl into when bowling to right handers.

I'll be interested to see what the line-up is for the next test.

Unfortunately I think they'll scapegoat (or is that escape goat S Warner?) bowlers for the sins of the batsmen.

The series is virtually shot. I'd be inclined to look to the future, give this series away because we need to win three out of three.

If not they sure as hell should if we don't win the next won.

OH Goody now Smith plays a crap shot.

Reply #57
The selectors have a lot to answer for, not just on a Test by Test basis, but the actual make up of this touring squad, its a complete disaster, embarrassment and bordering on a national disgrace.

Reply #58
The selectors have a lot to answer for, not just on a Test by Test basis, but the actual make up of this touring squad, its a complete disaster, embarrassment and bordering on a national disgrace.

I agree.

How many years have they had to plan this?

mickey Mouse operation.

Reply #59

I agree.

How many years have they had to plan this?

mickey Mouse operation.

We are paying for the sins of the past. Changes that are being implemented will take time to filter through.

Hate to say it but it's all about generation next and trying to build a team to 'stabilise' Australian cricket until then.

On a positive note:
Ryan Harris has been great. I think Jackson Bird will come in for the next test and they will give Pattinson a spell.

Negative note:
Ashton Agar got another 98 (this time bowling) and Shane Watson has been worked out by England. Harsh to say it but Watson will be picked off now until he fixes the problem and you cannot fix those type of issues out the middle (ask Phil Hughes). Interesting to note those who don't like Ed Cowan he has similar figures to Watson although Watson bowls which is the saving grace.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Agar left out for the next test (Smith to offer the spin option) and maybe play Faulkner as a left arm accurate option who can bat. If they go that way the seamers would be Harris, Siddle, Bird and Faulkner with spin from Smith. Australia also get another batting option.

Whichever way they go they have to strengthen the batting. I noted that our combined total for this test match was 363 which only slightly bettered England's first innings total of 361. That's how far behind we are in reality and all that after Trott and Pieterson had quite games.