Skip to main content
Topic: The Ashes - First Test @ Trent Bridge  (Read 47766 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Ashes - First Test @ Trent Bridge

Reply #45
I don't know about you Boof, but the big blond bloke at first slip needs to start contributing something - ANYTHING - because we've got enough passengers in this team as it is.

Please play Clarke at 5 and bat Siddle at 4.  Don't bother with the others, we may as well paint a garbage bin white and lean a Gray Nick against it for all the defensive nous those blokes have.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #46
I don't know about you Boof, but the big blond bloke at first slip needs to start contributing something - ANYTHING - because we've got enough passengers in this team as it is.

Please play Clarke at 5 and bat Siddle at 4.  Don't bother with the others, we may as well paint a garbage bin white and lean a Gray Nick against it for all the defensive nous those blokes have.

Actually, the unattended Grey Nick would last longer......the bowlers would be forced to bowl at the stumps to dismiss it.  Our blokes play get out shots at balls 2 foot wide of off stump !
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #47
I thought we bowled well last night... pitched it up and gave it a chance to do something. I'll take a few extra boundaries for that.  England are going to rely heavily on Cook, Trott and Bell to score runs.

All i'll say on Watson is that we have re-arranged the battling line up to keep him happy, it is 100% fully on him to make some screwing runs on this tour.

Also think the move to make Warner go to Zimbabwe is a good one.

Big first session tonight.

Reply #48
I have never seen in a Test match (a) the amount of pies our bowlers have served up today, and (b) batsmen play rubbish shots like that to get themselves out from these pies.

Are they playing on a postage stamp today ?? Whenever the ball pierces the field its four every time.

I'm really enjoying the match so far but completely agog at the standard of skills on show.

Grounds generally are pretty small over there... keep in mind we had attacking fields, i think we made a real effort to keep it pitched up. Good attacking bowling.

So they might have leaked boundaries, but we bowled them out in 59 overs. Take that every day of the week.

Reply #49
Our bowling was patchy but I reckon they just were not familiar with the swinging Duke. It was wobbling all over the joint.

If you ever see those conditions again Starc will creat havoc .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #50
Mallet has really talked up Agar, his efforts in the second dig will be important.

Reply #51
what is par for our batsmen this inning?

considering we are 4/75 overnight and England are all out for 215.

Reports are that Stuart Broad is fit and ready to bowl,
It is a glorious SUNNY 8) day, should be a good day to bat.
Blue boy born 'n' raised.
Reppin' the navy since '95.

Reply #52
what is par for our batsmen this inning?

considering we are 4/75 overnight and England are all out for 215.

Reports are that Stuart Broad is fit and ready to bowl,
It is a glorious SUNNY 8) day, should be a good day to bat.

Our batting improves as we go further down the order...lol!

Reply #53
I'd take 215... at least we would see day 3.  300 and we might see day 4.

Reply #54
Just started to think we were looking good... bang bang!

Reply #55
... bang bang!

Reply #56
Australian cricket team = Carlton football team.

Inconsistent, prone to inexplicable lapses, build you up only to lose the plot, get beat up by arch enemies that were formerly softc0ckian.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #57
Forget about hiring a new coach, get a chiropractor in there to see if any of these players have a backbone !!!

Do any of them actually warrant playing Test cricket and where do they get there decision-making prowess from ??

In 25-mins of cricket, we have been exposed as not having the ability nor temperament to play at this level. The only person showing any consistent form is the guy opening & closing the gate for the incoming & outgoing batsmen.

Saying it is "embarrassing" is being way too kind.

The Australian test team is now relying on Phil Hughes to save them, the same man that couldn't put away the bowlers from my local suburban club.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #58
This is the first time in his career Hughes has looked like a batsmen instead of a hack!

Go you good thing! :)

As for Agar, older players please take note!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
Smart from England....our tail bat ok vs the pacemen, Starc, Siddle, Pattinson are no mugs vs pace but had no idea vs Swann, wonder what Lyon is thinking as Swann is really turning them and on the second day...going to be a bitch to bat against him in the 2dn innings.
Hughes showing some character and maybe he can do a Mike Hussey and hold down the No 6 spot.....still remain unconvinced about Smith., still has a bit of a slogger approach and while he is hitting them he looks ok but always looks likely to get out next ball.
Hoping Agar can get some turn when he bowls and get a few wickets...