Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 67563 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #120
Cannot believe the level of wagon jumping going on in the media, you'd think we were flag favourites! I know this happens for many clubs, but it hasn't been part of our media landscape for so long it's hard to remember another case!

At the moment I've been unable to ID the sources, so;

If this is our clubs doing, a new look media department, then kudos to the club as they are light years ahead of where they were in the past!

If it's the sycophants at News Ltd and Fairfax, trying to beat up a story before an expected fall, then fork off the lot of you! In the nicest possible way! :D
They can smell what we're cooking.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
Even if we get smashed, I am absolutely aching for this game!!!
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #122
They can smell what we're cooking.

Sure as hell better be tastier than the last time we cooked something. A lot more Adrian Richardson's Secret Meat Business and a lot less Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

Reply #123
Sure as hell better be tastier than the last time we cooked something. A lot more Adrian Richardson's Secret Meat Business and a lot less Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

And a watched pot never boils.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #124
Even if we get smashed, I am absolutely aching for this game!!!

Very winnable game.

Richmond remain an ordinary team with less than a handful of true A graders.

They got lucky, very lucky in 2017 and they were able to maintain their intensity. They were obliterated by the Crows during the year and who doesn't recall, vividly, what St Kilda did to them.

CFC is due a lucky year, especially given tge Crippa, Mr Ed anf more recently Doc injuries.

I'll wager we finish higher than the Tigers this year!  :P
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #125
Very winnable game.

Richmond remain an ordinary team with less than a handful of true A graders.

They got lucky, very lucky in 2017 and they were able to maintain their intensity. They were obliterated by the Crows during the year and who doesn't recall, vividly, what St Kilda did to them.

CFC is due a lucky year, especially given tge Crippa, Mr Ed anf more recently Doc injuries.

I'll wager we finish higher than the Tigers this year!  :P

Very fanciful, even by your cheery, optimistic standards.

Reply #126
I think I will watch this one on TV - presumably it will be on Ch 7. Just noticed as a Telstra mobile customer I get a free AFL Live pass, renewed a couple of days ago, which is handy.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #127
I think I will watch this one on TV - presumably it will be on Ch 7. Just noticed as a Telstra mobile customer I get a free AFL Live pass, renewed a couple of days ago, which is handy.

Agree..be a lot of feral Tigers supporters rejoicing in the flag unfurling etc, hoping the Tigers have a let down and have partied a bit hard so we can surprise them but with newbie players
who will take time to gel and minus Docherty and Gibbs I'll just hope for a good showing unless the Tigers get some major injuries..if we could get a player who could actually stand next to Dusty
and lay the odd tackle on him it might help as well...

Reply #128
...Kennedy floors Dusty with a "don't argue" at the first bounce, creating instant adoration from 2 000 000 Carlton supporters.... and the greater majority of the AFL-following world.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #129
...Kennedy floors Dusty with a "don't argue" at the first bounce, creating instant adoration from 2 000 000 Carlton supporters.... and the greater majority of the AFL-following world.
That would like shooting Bambi.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #130
Perhaps we can let Ed Curnow deliver it and return the favour?

Reply #132
Perhaps we can let Ed Curnow deliver it and return the favour?

So he'd have to take out Cotchin?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #133
That would like shooting Bambi.
If Kennedy gives Martin what he deserves, then yay! Shoot Bambi! Shoot lots of Bambis! Nothing wrong with Venison!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #134
If Kennedy gives Martin what he deserves, then yay! Shoot Bambi! Shoot lots of Bambis! Nothing wrong with Venison!

I can see the headlines now..... BAM BAM SHOOTS BAMBI

I don't expect we'll win this one unless we catch them off guard somehow. Which, is possible.
A good showing and multiple periods of synergy would get a pass from me.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.