Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 67526 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #135
If we can win this then bl00dy fantastic, but I would just love to see us take it right up to them both skillswise and physically! If we don't make ' em sh1te themselves then at least cause them some major abdominal discomfort!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #136
If we can win this then bl00dy fantastic, but I would just love to see us take it right up to them both skillswise and physically! If we don't make ' em sh1te themselves then at least cause them some major abdominal discomfort!
I really want to win this one, it’s time!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
I agree totally. It is about time we played more than 3 quarters of football against this mob.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #138
I agree totally. It is about time we played more than 3 quarters of football against this mob.

Play 4 qtrs and we'd certainly be in with a show.

Reply #139
Play 4 qtrs and we'd certainly be in with a show.

Play 5 quarters and we'd romp it in - particularly if Richmond leave the field after the fourth  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #140

Doesn’t have to be overtly physical... just tackle Dusty!

Just imagine him getting pinned 2 or 3 times for holding the ball in the 1st qtr...

Reply #141
Leave Dusty alone and hit the rest.

I understand there is a certain pride to stopping Dusty, but Adelaide were too Dusty centric in the Grand Final and paid for it, when all they needed to do was stop the others from getting their hands on the pill.

Dusty is one of those players.  He will have the ball on a string at times, and rack up posessions, and kick goals, but if you can stop him from getting help from his teamates, or being able to help his teamates then he wont hurt you.

I saw teams do this to us when we had Judd at full flight.  They setup to stop Murphy, Gibbs, Carrazzo and all the others from having an influence and all of a sudden our ability to hit the scoreboard dried up.  Leave Dusty.  Let him be he man and face palm everyone in site, but sit on Cotchin at each and every opportunity!!!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #142
Doesn’t have to be overtly physical... just tackle Dusty!

Just imagine him getting pinned 2 or 3 times for holding the ball in the 1st qtr...

Dusty is like Selwood, Danger and Ablett - never ever get pinged for htb, even if turned through 3 x 360 degrees!

Hit them all, I say (in a legal way) - Dusty and Cotchin first and foremost.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #143
Leave Dusty alone and hit the rest.

I understand there is a certain pride to stopping Dusty, but Adelaide were too Dusty centric in the Grand Final and paid for it, when all they needed to do was stop the others from getting their hands on the pill.

Dusty is one of those players.  He will have the ball on a string at times, and rack up posessions, and kick goals, but if you can stop him from getting help from his teamates, or being able to help his teamates then he wont hurt you.

I saw teams do this to us when we had Judd at full flight.  They setup to stop Murphy, Gibbs, Carrazzo and all the others from having an influence and all of a sudden our ability to hit the scoreboard dried up.  Leave Dusty.  Let him be he man and face palm everyone in site, but sit on Cotchin at each and every opportunity!!!

We usually do leave Dusty...our players dont want to stand anywhere near him, actually saw Gibbs trying to swap players so he didnt have to man him up.......

Reply #144
We used to throw 2E onto him but that could lead to embarrassment.   ::)

Reply #145
We usually do leave Dusty...our players dont want to stand anywhere near him, actually saw Gibbs trying to swap players so he didnt have to man him up.......

Or was he trying to get the designated minder to do his job; I don't really see Gibbs as the right match up for Dusty, not that we have to worry about that anymore  ;)

I'm in two minds about how to deal with Dusty.  I think Thry has a point about not being Dusty-centric; stop his team mates and his influence will be limited.  However, I don't think he can be left to run riot, particularly when he goes forward.

I reckon Alex Silvagni could be the man for the job, but perhaps only when Dusty goes forward.  A tag team of Ed Curnow, Kennedy and perhaps Byrne could put some pressure on him in the midfield.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #147
Or was he trying to get the designated minder to do his job; I don't really see Gibbs as the right match up for Dusty, not that we have to worry about that anymore  ;)

I'm in two minds about how to deal with Dusty.  I think Thry has a point about not being Dusty-centric; stop his team mates and his influence will be limited.  However, I don't think he can be left to run riot, particularly when he goes forward.

I reckon Alex Silvagni could be the man for the job, but perhaps only when Dusty goes forward.  A tag team of Ed Curnow, Kennedy and perhaps Byrne could put some pressure on him in the midfield.

We often let the other teams bogeymen run around on their own, not sure by design or players not manning up but its frustrating to watch the same players burning us every season....

Reply #148
We often let the other teams bogeymen run around on their own, not sure by design or players not manning up but its frustrating to watch the same players burning us every season....

I understand your point EB1 but in fairness players of the ilk of Dusty are close to impossible to stop even when you have a much stronger midfield group then ours as options to negate him.  Take his finals form last year the guy was a raging bull and seemed to just get better with every game and finishing with the norm smith around his neck.

I'm pretty sure the crows would have spent a hell of a lot of time trying to quiet him. Didn't work. That's what makes these guys the best and true champions of the game.

I get more frustrated when lesser lights beat up on us like small forwards of years ago....Blair, Ballantine and Thomas are a few I recall that used to get my blood boiling. 

Reply #149
Zorko, Ballantyne, Diver Thomas, Jack Stevens....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?