Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 80401 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #135
There is an air of entitlement that comes with being a NSW Cricketer, it's the same air of entitlement that has seen the scandals in NRL.

The irony is not lost on me that the NRL smashed the Storm yet used the wet lettuce leaf on their home state villains.

The same mentality is in play with the cricket team pointing the finger at SA for stepping over the line!

I'm sorry to say I think NSWelshmen have grown up with double standards for so long they now think it's normal, they have a bad case of the James Hirds!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #136
I'm disgusted and ashamed, what a bunch of morons! But be prepared for the wet lettuce leaf, ball tampering is more common than you think, plenty have been found guilty of it before (including Faf du Plessis twice, and Vernon Philander once), and the punishments are laughable (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-25/how-australias-ball-tampering-shame-stacks-up-with-other-cases/9584594), don't expect anyone to miss a Test match, Bancroft and Smith will likely be fined, noone will lose their job or the captaincy (if the ICC are consistent with their punishments for ball tampering)

Reply #137
I'm disgusted and ashamed, what a bunch of morons! But be prepared for the wet lettuce leaf, ball tampering is more common than you think, plenty have been found guilty of it before (including Faf du Plessis twice, and Vernon Philander once), and the punishments are laughable (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-25/how-australias-ball-tampering-shame-stacks-up-with-other-cases/9584594), don't expect anyone to miss a Test match, Bancroft and Smith will likely be fined, noone will lose their job or the captaincy (if the ICC are consistent with their punishments for ball tampering)

They never admitted it, they still deny ball tampering!

Smith or some of the other Australian's are now going to be whacked much like Carlton got whacked after Collin's begged for forgiveness!

There is an international cultural issue here. Australian's see cheating as despicable and want it stamped out, we'll through our own team under the bus to see it stamped out!

Asian nations, especially those dominating the ICC panel, think cheating is normal and you should be rewarded for cheating if you are clever enough to get away with it. As a result they have a societal stance to never admit guilt, any admission is taken as a sign of weakness. I suspect form the recent goings on SA also fall in this boat!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #138
Understood, but they were all found guilty, so the punishment was for ball tampering (whether they admitted to it or not)

Reply #139
Sutherlands press conference was a bit awkward... not much more he could do or say with it happening on the other side of the world overnight.

At least Smith put his hand up and didnt throw Bancroft under the bus... but by saying the whole leadership was in on it leaves us up poo creek selecting a new captain.... he's got to resign... surely ?
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #140
Sutherlands press conference was a bit awkward... not much more he could do or say with it happening on the other side of the world overnight.

At least Smith put his hand up and didnt throw Bancroft under the bus... but by saying the whole leadership was in on it leaves us up poo creek selecting a new captain.... he's got to resign... surely ?

Actually, if Australia have gathered a library of evidence that they can produce to prove they are just following suit as a reaction to the behaviour of other nations, tactically this could be a very good thing!

The Australian public won't accept that behaviour, but it might be exactly what the game currently needs to clean up all the rubbish that has infiltrated the game since the formation of the IPL.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #141
Smith is goneski, whether he likes it or not.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #142
I don't care what has happened with other countries, other than it means the ICC response will be minimal, it has to be due to the precedents already set with other cases.

I don't think CA has the balls to sack Boof and Smith, but they should and Warner. Everyone in the leadership group should be sacked. This is not the standard we have for those representing our country and it is a disgrace. Smith was going to (and probably still will) leave a legacy as one of the games best ever bats, but he will also be remembered as a cheat.

I would like to see the ICC change the rules on tampering to see bans ranging from 6 months - 2 years for a 1st offense and life ban for a second offense.

This should be the same as drug cheating, match fixing the works. It is CHEATING pure and simple.

Any argument about others doing it and how prevalent it irrelevant, it is cheating and Smith and Bancroft were well aware how this would play out when caught. The Australian public was never (rightly) going to accept it.

I think the penalties will be embarrassingly light and I think if they try and push much harder they risk a player revolt, but Lehman, Saker should be sacked by CA  and Smith, Warner and any others in the leadership should be removed from being leaders.

CA should then come out and say as part of a code of conduct, any other Australian found guilty of cheating will not be considered for selection to the Australian team for a minimum of 6 months in any form.

These self indulgent, whining bunch of pr!cks have embarrassed the nation
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #143

I think it was a lame attempt though, I think he has has said.. you need to take some blame, but we will confess it was our suggestion to share the load.
They should have said

"We the leadership instructed Cam to do this"

It is obvious to the world Cam didn't just 'overhear' this and go and decide to do it.
So be a real leader and admit you asked him to do it.
Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #144
If someone tells you to shoot somebody else dead, and you do it, you are guilty!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #145
If someone tells you to shoot somebody else dead, and you do it, you are guilty!

Oh Bancroft is absolutely guilty
No that I don't deny it any sense. There is not "my superior told me to do it defense"

Just that they should come completely clean on how it happened.

Oh and it should have been Lehman and Smith at the presser not Bancroft.

Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #146
Handscombe laughing when he got the call from Lehman... then laughing and smiling when he went and spoke to Bancroft.... EMBARRASSING.

Lehman had to be in on too
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #147
As I said about Warner, they are all just a bunch of bafoons. Pull out the match now, get em all on a plane home ( which I would make them pay for) and make them ALL face some serious diciplinery action. Embarrassing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #148
Cricket has a LONG history of wet lettuce leaf punishments (hi to Kasiga Rabada), I don't expect this to change

Reply #149
Unbelievably stupid. Could they not find any flesh coloured sandpaper?

But seriously, I was sure this was ‘fake news’ when I read about it this morning.
Shameful and embarrassing. All Australian men’s cricket teams will be tainted for years to come. We will be ridiculed as ‘cheats’ and there’s no come back for that.

Keyboard warrior #24601