Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547928 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #375
That ball of Hazelwoods to Bell was perfect....nothing less.......better than anything Jimmy Andersons managed in two tests.

Gem ball...outswinging yorker pitched on middle hitting off....Bell has a good technique which makes it even a better ball and it wasnt wasted on a bozo who cant bat....
Lythe and Ballance are duds..the latter has zero technique, reckon they are playing their last tests this series......Stokes is a better player than I thought and has a good technique
for a player more renowned for being a big hitter and moves his feet well compared to some of his team-mates whose footwork is woeful.
Be one all in a couple of days time unless we have some rain....

Reply #376
Only 2 players scored over 50 in our 1st innings. On a good wicket, that is still not good enough, we were just fortunate that Rogers and Smith both made big scores.

We have bowled a lot better in this test, than the 1st test.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #377
Gem ball...outswinging yorker pitched on middle hitting off....Bell has a good technique which makes it even a better ball and it wasnt wasted on a bozo who cant bat....
Lythe and Ballance are duds..the latter has zero technique, reckon they are playing their last tests this series......Stokes is a better player than I thought and has a good technique
for a player more renowned for being a big hitter and moves his feet well compared to some of his team-mates whose footwork is woeful.
Be one all in a couple of days time unless we have some rain....

The best player in the history of the game in the best touch of his career would have missed that. Best nut I've seen in some time.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #378
England batting a second time and Lyth gone caught behind for 7..shame he more than likely wont be playing next test, Ballance in and I'd expect him to be on his way too soon....

Chris Rogers retired ill after suffering a dizzy spell and looked very unwell and dazed when he sat down near the pitch, hopefully its nothing to do with his recent concussion.
Just recovered from an inner ear virus myself similar to Jason Day the golfer and its not very pleasant watching the world go around and your falling off it...good luck to Rogers as he is playing so well and hope he recovers for the next test and Watto isnt needed...

Cook just gone to a wild cut shot...the end is nigh....

Reply #379
England batting a second time and Lyth gone caught behind for 7..shame he more than likely wont be playing next test, Ballance in and I'd expect him to be on his way too soon....

Chris Rogers retired ill after suffering a dizzy spell and looked very unwell and dazed when he sat down near the pitch, hopefully its nothing to do with his recent concussion.
Just recovered from an inner ear virus myself similar to Jason Day the golfer and its not very pleasant watching the world go around and your falling off it...good luck to Rogers as he is playing so well and hope he recovers for the next test and Watto isnt needed...

Cook just gone to a wild cut shot...the end is nigh....

I stayed up to watch it. Thought I'd have a glass of wine as they started their innings and go to bed around 11.00 (perth time) with them maybe 2 or 3 down.

Didn't even finish a 3rd glass!!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #380
Smith/Rogers 3/495 d England 415.

Reply #381
I stayed up to watch it. Thought I'd have a glass of wine as they started their innings and go to bed around 11.00 (perth time) with them maybe 2 or 3 down.

Didn't even finish a 3rd glass!!!

:)

That's when the WA time zone is very handy!

I had a few glasses but packed it in when they were five for - I need my beauty sleep  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #382
It's a good thing young Rogers got over his ear injury!

The Poms have been bowling well but our batting has been woeful.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #383
It's a good thing young Rogers got over his ear injury!

The Poms have been bowling well but our batting has been woeful.

Anderson on these type of wickets with swing and seam is nearly unplayable, hopefully the movement stays and we get our turn with the ball to use the conditions.
If Steve Finn is picking up wickets and bowling genuine outswingers then its shows how helpful this pitch is to bowlers becuase Finn is a very ordinary bowler IMO...

Shaun Marsh in for Voges next test...

Reply #384
I understand the reasons you never bowl first and usually support them.

Sometimes a team will bowl first because they feel it's the only way they can win.

But the only way the poms could have won this test is by bowling first in overcast conditions. That's why they brought in Finn late. They gambled and won.

Might have been one of the rare occasions where you look outside the norm and bowled first. It would have taken away their only hope.We didn't gamble and are in strife.

Particularly if you look at the weather forecast for the next 4 days.

All in Englands favour.

Reply #385
It will probably best if we lose the last wicket quickly and give our bowlers a crack while the conditions last.  It could be a short Test.

Reply #386
We need some young bats quick... Clarke is a real worry.  And he ain't the only one.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #387
The decision to bat was stupid
Since 2005 we cant play swing conditions in England. ..a continual problem...

Reply #388
The decision to bat was stupid
Since 2005 we cant play swing conditions in England. ..a continual problem...

It actually wasn't moving that much.....Smith, Voges & Marsh were playing (or trying not to play) at straight balls a foot outside off stump !

Clark got a good 'un, as usually happens when you're in a bit of a form slump, but the rest of the middle order were acting an if it were a Jimmy Anderson testimonial.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #389
Looks like a smashing is on the way